• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Rose accused of having sex with underage girl

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose said it was in 1975, how old was the woman in 1975?

16... Which would have been legal. She would have been 14 in 1973, which is when she claims the relationship began. This would have been illegal.

Again, it won't be easy. Nobody here is forgetting to take into account how long ago this was. However, if she can place them together in 73, and have a witness to corroborate this. Pete could be in it deep.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16... Which would have been legal. She would have been 14 in 1973, which is when she claims the relationship began. This would have been illegal.

Again, it won't be easy. Nobody here is forgetting to take into account how long ago this was. However, if she can place them together in 73, and have a witness to corroborate this. Pete could be in it deep.
Fair enough and good luck on her placing herself and Rose together 43 years ago.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough and good luck on her placing herself and Rose together 43 years ago.

Like I said, won't be easy. We'll have to see what her legal team has in the way of witnesses.

To be honest, personally it's not a concern for me. Pete's one of the greatest ever, belongs in the HOF and even if it sounds shitty... I'm not overly concerned about something that may or may not have happened 40+ years ago involving a consensual relationship. Which, in all likelihood boils down to "He said/She said" nonsense.

All I really mean to say here, is that the relationship definitely happened and this isn't just some nut-job woman.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How could he be "in deep" ? Is he going to lose some lawsuit and be forced to pay all his autograph signing money? Is he going to still be not allowed in the hall of fame? Don't ever bet against Charlie Hustle (unless he tells you to). He'll come out of this thing smelling like a Rose, as always

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Phillies' fan and I don't want Pete Rose in the HOF. Note that I am one of the most lenient persons on letting players in the HOF: Bonds, Clemens, Ortiz, A-Rod; maybe even Joe Jackson.

But Pete Rose voluntarily agreed to be placed on baseball's permanently ineligible list. Tough shit. If you agree to that, you can't wait 25 years when everyone's forgotten about it, then whine about being banned when you were the one who agreed to it.

Also, I know the answer to the question, but how much of a narcissistic asshole is Rose? If I was a 76 year old asshole gambling addict who was personally banned from baseball, the last thing I would do is whine about not getting in, especially when the guy's likely guilty. If he thinks it will help restore his image, he's dead wrong. The best thing for his image is to donate to charities and sign baseballs for free and ride off into the sunset quietly. The more he pry's, the more allegations of gambling and sex with underage girls comes out.

Also, dude is an extremely overrated player.

Also, and I am stealing @Cedrique's joke (how you been brother?), but the dude is so detached from reality that when he finally gets an MLB TV gig, he wears freaking bow-tie during his "analysis." A freaking BOW-TIE
CSdCgEbW4AEAVzG.jpg

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to my lack of attention span, all I saw in this was Blah blah blah dude is an extremely overrated player, blah blah. I'll assume you're spot on about all the blah blah blah stuff, but I disagree that he is overrated. He was incredibly well known so there may be some casual fans who overrate him but I believe he is underrated by a lot of todays fans who go by nothing but the numbers. (and also fans who go by the numbers and also add in some dislike because he has done some bad things off the field). No matter how hard you try, you can't eliminate all the "intangibles". He was more of a utility player than some "elite" MVP ____ (name the position). But you have to consider the added value of a guy like Rose who could go into the season and play every day at any position the team needed him to play. (as opposed to say, David Ortiz or Edgar Martinez who could only play one position, if that)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't take credit for that--I was quoting Steve Carlton again.

Yeah, yeah I know. You're not old enough to understand that joke.
Is it because he never talked to the media?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to my lack of attention span, all I saw in this was Blah blah blah dude is an extremely overrated player, blah blah. I'll assume you're spot on about all the blah blah blah stuff, but I disagree that he is overrated. He was incredibly well known so there may be some casual fans who overrate him but I believe he is underrated by a lot of todays fans who go by nothing but the numbers. (and also fans who go by the numbers and also add in some dislike because he has done some bad things off the field). No matter how hard you try, you can't eliminate all the "intangibles". He was more of a utility player than some "elite" MVP ____ (name the position). But you have to consider the added value of a guy like Rose who could go into the season and play every day at any position the team needed him to play. (as opposed to say, David Ortiz or Edgar Martinez who could only play one position, if that)
I'll assume you were talking to me. Four letters, buddy:

PWND

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it because he never talked to the media?
Yes, although if he ever gets internet access in that bunker he lives in in Montana or wherever he'll probably eventually horrify a lot of people once he learns how to Tweet.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, although if he ever gets internet access in that bunker he lives in in Montana or wherever he'll probably eventually horrify a lot of people once he learns how to Tweet.
He had a twitter but it got deleted. He was talking about the proper way to throw a "cofeveball"

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll assume you were talking to me. Four letters, buddy:

PWND
speaking of PWND, the Rockies pitcher goes down after 2 batters and the Phillies still can't score a freaking run? WTF

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of PWND, the Rockies pitcher goes down after 2 batters and the Phillies still can't score a freaking run? WTF
WTF is right. This might be the worst Phillies team in the history of ever.

I don't know if you still go on the Phils' board, but if you do, ask Northeast about that 95 win prediction in May.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick internet search tells you everything you need to know about "Lefty".

Rare appearance by Steve Carlton here in St. Louis. Interesting notes: He doesn't own a TV, rarely watches baseball and runs a tree farm.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is right. This might be the worst Phillies team in the history of ever.

I don't know if you still go on the Phils' board, but if you do, ask Northeast about that 95 win prediction in May.
I did. He claims that prediction was contingent on Darin Ruf playing 140 games, so obviously he had to adjust it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could he be "in deep" ? Is he going to lose some lawsuit and be forced to pay all his autograph signing money? Is he going to still be not allowed in the hall of fame? Don't ever bet against Charlie Hustle (unless he tells you to). He'll come out of this thing smelling like a Rose, as always

Yeah, what was I thinking? "Kid fucker" has never been a title that has messed with anyone in the public sphere before. There's no way that could hinder a legacy.

:doh::L:scratch::pound:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick internet search tells you everything you need to know about "Lefty".

Rare appearance by Steve Carlton here in St. Louis. Interesting notes: He doesn't own a TV, rarely watches baseball and runs a tree farm.
I wonder if he still lights the buddha....

My guess would have to be "yes"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what was I thinking? "Kid fucker" has never been a title that has messed with anyone in the public sphere before. There's no way that could hinder a legacy.

:doh::L:scratch::pound:
Eh, when MJ had a few too many drops of those barbiturates in his IV, people still cried and the radio played "Beat It" and "Billie Jean" on an endless 24/7 loop.

Not saying people will cry when Petey dies, but some Philly or Cincy radio station might play Cassidy's "I'm a Hustla'" once or twice.