• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Rose accused of having sex with underage girl

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly he is a scum-bag and a gambler... However, why is all of this coming out now?

I'm so not saying I think he's innocent or anything like that, just why now? It's not like he really is still relevant

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Phillies' fan and I don't want Pete Rose in the HOF. Note that I am one of the most lenient persons on letting players in the HOF: Bonds, Clemens, Ortiz, A-Rod; maybe even Joe Jackson.

But Pete Rose voluntarily agreed to be placed on baseball's permanently ineligible list. Tough shit. If you agree to that, you can't wait 25 years when everyone's forgotten about it, then whine about being banned when you were the one who agreed to it.

Also, I know the answer to the question, but how much of a narcissistic asshole is Rose? If I was a 76 year old asshole gambling addict who was personally banned from baseball, the last thing I would do is whine about not getting in, especially when the guy's likely guilty. If he thinks it will help restore his image, he's dead wrong. The best thing for his image is to donate to charities and sign baseballs for free and ride off into the sunset quietly. The more he pry's, the more allegations of gambling and sex with underage girls comes out.

Also, dude is an extremely overrated player.

Also, and I am stealing @Cedrique's joke (how you been brother?), but the dude is so detached from reality that when he finally gets an MLB TV gig, he wears freaking bow-tie during his "analysis." A freaking BOW-TIE
CSdCgEbW4AEAVzG.jpg

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just hurt my feeling, Danny.
Just curious, and I know we've had our differences, but do you still watch pron after you've been married so long? And if so, does the wife know? Just curious how that all plays out.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Phillies' fan and I don't want Pete Rose in the HOF. Note that I am one of the most lenient persons on letting players in the HOF: Bonds, Clemens, Ortiz, A-Rod; maybe even Joe Jackson.

But Pete Rose voluntarily agreed to be placed on baseball's permanently ineligible list. Tough shit. If you agree to that, you can't wait 25 years when everyone's forgotten about it, then whine about being banned when you were the one who agreed to it.

Also, I know the answer to the question, but how much of a narcissistic asshole is Rose? If I was a 76 year old asshole gambling addict who was personally banned from baseball, the last thing I would do is whine about not getting in, especially when the guy's likely guilty. If he thinks it will help restore his image, he's dead wrong. The best thing for his image is to donate to charities and sign baseballs for free and ride off into the sunset quietly. The more he pry's, the more allegations of gambling and sex with underage girls comes out.

Also, and I am stealing @Cedrique's joke (how you been brother?), but the dude is so detached from reality that when he finally gets an MLB TV gig, he wears freaking bow-tie during his "analysis." A freaking BOW-TIE
CSdCgEbW4AEAVzG.jpg
Guy looks like Danny DeVito in Batman Returns
fish2_zps161a2051.jpg

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CSdCgEbW4AEAVzG.jpg
But that's a different argument. He should be banned from baseball, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the HOF. The HOF didn't have the rule that ineligible players were not eligible for the ballot until after Rose agreed to the ban. So he never signed anything saying that he would permanently be ineligible for the HOF.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, and I know we've had our differences, but do you still watch pron after you've been married so long? And if so, does the wife know? Just curious how that all plays out.

First of all, I don't think we've had our differences. At least I don't have any grudge. I just bust balls.

Secondly, yes, I look at **** and yes, Mrs Redfoot knows that I look at **** and jerk off. She doesn't care.

Honestly, I don't understand how a broad could get pissed at that - I just wouldn't allow it. I'd tell her, "look, do your fucking job and then I won't have to do it for you."

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I don't think we've had our differences. At least I don't have any grudge. I just bust balls.

Secondly, yes, I look at **** and yes, Mrs Redfoot knows that I look at **** and jerk off. She doesn't care.

Honestly, I don't understand how a broad could get pissed at that - I just wouldn't allow it. I'd tell her, "look, do your fucking job and then I won't have to do it for you."
And none of this hand shit, I can do that better than you.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, that's crazy.

I'm not in that social realm, so I don't know what's accepted practice and what isn't. I guess your wife could be an outlier, because I would imagine most wives would be offended by that shit, but that's good info.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's crazy.

I'm not in that social realm, so I don't know what's accepted practice and what isn't. I guess your wife could be an outlier, because I would imagine most wives would be offended by that shit, but that's good info.

I'm not sure I agree with you there. Nearly all my friends are married and I can't imagine any of their wives being that upset about ****.

I think it would take a really insecure or maybe puritanical broad to get bent out of shape about that.

I do, however, know some guys whose wives refuse to give BJs. Again, I just wouldn't allow that shit. "Do your fucking job, or I'll find someone who will."

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree with you there. Nearly all my friends are married and I can't imagine any of their wives being that upset about ****.

I think it would take a really insecure or maybe puritanical broad to get bent out of shape about that.

I do, however, know some guys whose wives refuse to give BJs. Again, I just wouldn't allow that shit. "Do your fucking job, or I'll find someone who will."
Yeah, my opinion is unqualified. I have no married friends my age.

I thought not getting blown was just like a rite of passage after 10 years of marriage and 2 kids??? God Bless Mrs. Redfoot.

Do you at least reciprocate?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my opinion is unqualified. I have no married friends my age.

I thought not getting blown was just like a rite of passage after 10 years of marriage and 2 kids??? God Bless Mrs. Redfoot.

Do you at least reciprocate?

Of course. If not, she'd have every right to look at me and say, "do your fucking job, or I'll find someone who will."

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now this story comes out, 40 years too late? How in the hell can anyone prove what allegedly happened in the 1970's?

Pete admitting it helps...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete admitting it helps...
Helps for what? You and I could say we did things 40 years ago, but how many people would believe us? These stories that happened 40 years ago, get fabricated over 40 years.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helps for what? You and I could say we did things 40 years ago, but how many people would believe us? These stories that happened 40 years ago, get fabricated over 40 years.

Both parties confirming that there was a sexual relationship, erases any doubt as to whether or not the relationship was real. It was.

Now it's only a question of the timeline. Which, Rose says was 1975, and the accuser claims to be able to prove it was 1973. If her legal team has evidence that can place them together in 1973, and she can find a witness to testify to this. Pete's in it pretty deep. It does not help that there's people close to Pete who have spoke about his relationships with underaged girls before.

I agree that it will be tough to do, and ultimately it's going to be very tough to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. However, this is proving to be more than simply some nut-job woman with erroneous/unfounded claims.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both parties confirming that there was a sexual relationship, erases any doubt as to whether or not the relationship was real. It was.

Now it's only a question of the timeline. Which, Rose says was 1975, and the accuser claims to be able to prove it was 1973. If her legal team has evidence that can place them together in 1973, and she can find a witness to testify to this. Pete's in it pretty deep. It does not help that there's people close to Pete who have spoke about his relationships with underaged girls before.

I agree that it will be tough to do, and ultimately it's going to be very tough to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. However, this is proving to be more than simply some nut-job woman with erroneous/unfounded claims.
Rose said it was in 1975, how old was the woman in 1975? Can the woman even remember how old she was 42 years ago?