• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll has high hopes for Christine Michael

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll has high hopes for Christine Michael

The Seahawks’ top draft pick in 2013, running back Christine Michael appeared in just four regular season games as a rookie for Super Bowl-champion Seattle.

However, Michael appears in line to get more of a shot next season, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll indicated Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine.

“He’s really talented and he’s a really exciting guy in our program. Probably has the most breakout potential out of anybody because you haven’t seen much of him yet,” Carroll said. “We’ve seen him, we know that he can do really special stuff.

“He played in a very competitive position. It was hard to get in there with Marshawn (Lynch) and Robert Turbin there. But he’ll give those guys a real run when we come back to work. He’ll grow a lot from Year One to Year Two.

“We all know in our program that he’s going to be very explosive and a really exciting guy. He showed that in his chances that he had.”

A second-round pick from Texas A&M, Michael rushed for 79 yards on 18 carries in the regular season. He didn’t play in any of Seattle’s club’s postseason games, either.

Michael (5-10, 221) had a productive preseason for the Seahawks, rushing for 201 yards on 40 carries and catching three passes for 47 yards. If he develops, a Seattle offense with already solid skill position depth will be even stronger.

Pete Carroll has high hopes for Christine Michael | ProFootballTalk

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see how he does at the TE position....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see how he does at the TE position....
jon-stewart-huh.gif

Personally, I'd like to see him overtake Turbin as the RB to spell Beast Mode. Turbin was supposed to be a "change of pace" back this year but he really didn't show enough speed outside to convince defenses that they should look out for him when Lynch was on the sideline.

In that case, I'd rather have another punshingly hard runner in there pounding the DLine and Linebackers the way Lynch does while also giving Lynch a breather.

What's better than Beast Mode? Beast Mode 2.0 :yahoo:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jon-stewart-huh.gif

Personally, I'd like to see him overtake Turbin as the RB to spell Beast Mode. Turbin was supposed to be a "change of pace" back this year but he really didn't show enough speed outside to convince defenses that they should look out for him when Lynch was on the sideline.

In that case, I'd rather have another punshingly hard runner in there pounding the DLine and Linebackers the way Lynch does while also giving Lynch a breather.

What's better than Beast Mode? Beast Mode 2.0 :yahoo:

I had a reaction similar to the one in that gif to this statement. I can't tell if Wedgie was joking or not.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a reaction similar to the one in that gif to this statement. I can't tell if Wedgie was joking or not.

Actually, wasnt.

I could be VERY wrong, but I think Tubin is more of a "punishing" runner, but Michael has speed, size and good hands.

Turbin is a downgrade from Lynch, but jeez, most, if not all, are. It was just my noodle, what got me thinking about that is that I really like CM, and since we haven't used him as a back, sheesh, work him in SOMEWHERE and play the guy, hes a very good player!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, wasnt.

I could be VERY wrong, but I think Tubin is more of a "punishing" runner, but Michael has speed, size and good hands.

Turbin is a downgrade from Lynch, but jeez, most, if not all, are. It was just my noodle, what got me thinking about that is that I really like CM, and since we haven't used him as a back, sheesh, work him in SOMEWHERE and play the guy, hes a very good player!

At..... erm... TE? He's 5'10 221. Most TE's in the NFL are 6'3 260+
He does not have the build to be a TE my friend.
:scratch::whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, wasnt.

As cloud alluded to, the reason I thought you were kidding is because Michael doesn't have the size to be a tight end. I agree with you that they have to find a way to use him more, but putting him at tight end probably isn't the best way to accomplish that.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw from Michael in the pres-season. He is a very good change of pace from Marshawn and looks just as dangerous out of the backfield. I would like to see him come into camp and beat out Turbin.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheals is great at cutting and running, the blocking scheme the Seahawks use is right up is alley. If he can stay healthy and learn to pass block, he's going be a good one.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think they might try to make him either a WR or halfback (if they let go Rob) just to get him into the game?

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CMike would be a very good fit for a Percy Harvin type receiver. I hear he has good hands, we know about his elusiveness, speed, and agility, so he would be great for the bubble/screen passes as well.
I obviously believe he will be better at RB and our back for the future, but i think slot WR would be another good option in the meantime.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to see Micheals playing in the RB spot next year, he'll be backing up Lynch next year IMO.