• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll Agrees To Extension

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on locking up P Carrol Seahawks fans. Looks like he'll retire up there and that's a good thing for your team.

Agreed. Many of us were hopeful he would bring us to the promised land. We were over due and he completely changed the culture up in our neck of the woods. Not to be left out in the back slapping is our GM, John Schneider who Pete was instrumental in bringing him into our fold.
A little unique, the HC selecting who the GM was going to be...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There, I padded the crap outta my post count in this thread.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is making his own history as we speak. The last guy to have accomplished winning a National Championship and a Super Bowl was 1995, 19 years ago.
That is a little history for you.

If PC retired today and never coached another game, he would not be considered one of the greatest coaches in history. He needs a lot more years under his belt.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If PC retired today and never coached another game, he would not be considered one of the greatest coaches in history. He needs a lot more years under his belt.
Whatever...
I said he has proven he is a great coach.
I also said anyone may feel free to disagree.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One fault that many make is to lump all fans into the same pot when only one makes a controversial statement.
RD, if that is your only fault you are beating the averages :yahoo:

You know (or should know) that I'm just messing with you guys. Hence the Wilson comment. Good for gum chewer. I still have fond memories of him as USC's HC.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know (or should know) that I'm just messing with you guys. Hence the Wilson comment. Good for gum chewer. I still have fond memories of him as USC's HC.
I knew that RD, hence the comment about you possibly having only one fault.
It's all good!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not an expert in this stuff, but I think there have been only 2 other HC's to win a Superb Owl and a National Championship at the college level.
He built both programs from scratch.
Feel completely free to disagree.
He is in the perfect place to succeed.

I don't normally comment on spelling mistakes and typos but that one worked out pretty funny.

If you're going to win an Owl it makes it extra special if it's a "superb" one.
:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever...
I said he has proven he is a great coach.
I also said anyone may feel free to disagree.

No what you said is "he has proven his is one of the great coaches in history." This is like saying Russell Wilson is one of the great quarterbacks in history. Are they both on their way to being in those discussions...Yes. Are they there yet...Not even close. Carroll is closer of the two because yes cannot deny the fact that he has now won at both the college and professional level but you have to put on those breaks a little bit. There have been many coaches that started out hot then cooled off very quickly to then get the pink slip.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what you said is "he has proven his is one of the great coaches in history." This is like saying Russell Wilson is one of the great quarterbacks in history. Are they both on their way to being in those discussions...Yes. Are they there yet...Not even close. Carroll is closer of the two because yes cannot deny the fact that he has now won at both the college and professional level but you have to put on those breaks a little bit. There have been many coaches that started out hot then cooled off very quickly to then get the pink slip.

You are arguing semantics.
If someone is a great coach, isn't that based upon what he or she has accomplished? In the past? Which is also considered history?
One thing we can agree on, one coach in last years SB had his team more than ready.

Go Seahawks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise here for any NFL fan. 3 playoff appearances and a SBOWL in 4 years, revolutionizing how NFL teams look for in building a secondary (they may not all build Seattle's way, but every coach/owner will think about it... nobody even gave 6'2"+ corners/safeties a look until Carroll), and bringing such an energetic 'fill the stands' (not that Seattle had that prob. really) philosophy...

Wonder how much more he got. He was already $7M+ a year? IMO the guy deserves $10M+. Fortunately that's equivalent to like $10 from me thanks to Allen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are arguing semantics.
If someone is a great coach, isn't that based upon what he or she has accomplished? In the past? Which is also considered history?
One thing we can agree on, one coach in last years SB had his team more than ready.

Go Seahawks.

Oh sheesh don't be a dick just because somebody is telling you slow down on the whole talk of him being one of the great coaches in history. That is a hard group to get into. It should be. That title can't just be handed out every time a coach wins a Super Bowl. Carroll has done a good job with the Seahawks and I expect that success to continue moving forward but putting his name up there with guys like Lombardi, Walsh, Shula, Halas, Gibbs, and Belichick is definitely too soon at this point.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have fond memories of his year in NE too. Remember him getting lost first day after practice( Bryant College in Smithfield RI) right around corner where I work and pulling over to ask me for directions. Said "dude rte 295 is 2 miles down ok brah?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sheesh don't be a dick just because somebody is telling you slow down on the whole talk of him being one of the great coaches in history. That is a hard group to get into. It should be. That title can't just be handed out every time a coach wins a Super Bowl. Carroll has done a good job with the Seahawks and I expect that success to continue moving forward but putting his name up there with guys like Lombardi, Walsh, Shula, Halas, Gibbs, and Belichick is definitely too soon at this point.

Ok, maybe I am a dick about it but I surely did not infer that every coach that has won a SB should be considered great.
Trying to make it sound like that is my reference point makes you look like a dumb ass.
It's possible I might stop being a dick someday, but once a dumbass...well, ya caint fix stupid. Ya know?:L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, maybe I am a dick about it but I surely did not infer that every coach that has won a SB should be considered great.
Trying to make it sound like that is my reference point makes you look like a dumb ass.
It's possible I might stop being a dick someday, but once a dumbass...well, ya caint fix stupid. Ya know?:L

Yeah because calling someone a dumbass when you have no response really shows great intelligence on your part. Yes I misspoke a bit as you don't think every coach who wins a Super Bowl joins that conversation. I meant it more in the a coach wins a Superbowl in his 4th year in the league and all of a sudden people like you are saying he is the next great coach in NFL history. There have been plenty of guys in this league that were thought to be the next great coach to only fizzle out and have trouble finding work. Again trying to be respectful here as I do think that Carroll is a very good coach. I appreciate that he coaches the way he wants instead of bowing down to FO pressure from above *cough Cowboys cough* and I appreciate the way he goes about teaching players as teaching coaches always impress me. Again though saying he is one of the greats in history is just a bit premature at this point. To me he has one of the big moments in his coaching career coming up when all of these young players on the team start looking for a nice contract and the Seahawks begin to have to make choices of who to keep and who to let go. This off season has been an interesting look into the future as they have lost some decent players already. Next 2 off seasons though could be even crazier. If he can weather that storm and still keep the Seahawks near the top I will begin to start thinking of him in that light. To me that is one of the great aspects of a guy like Belichick that even though we are in an age in the NFL with the Cap that makes it easier for teams to get turned around in a hurry the Patriots continue to remain in the Super Bowl conversation year in and year out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because calling someone a dumbass when you have no response really shows great intelligence on your part. Yes I misspoke a bit as you don't think every coach who wins a Super Bowl joins that conversation. I meant it more in the a coach wins a Superbowl in his 4th year in the league and all of a sudden people like you are saying he is the next great coach in NFL history. There have been plenty of guys in this league that were thought to be the next great coach to only fizzle out and have trouble finding work. Again trying to be respectful here as I do think that Carroll is a very good coach. I appreciate that he coaches the way he wants instead of bowing down to FO pressure from above *cough Cowboys cough* and I appreciate the way he goes about teaching players as teaching coaches always impress me. Again though saying he is one of the greats in history is just a bit premature at this point. To me he has one of the big moments in his coaching career coming up when all of these young players on the team start looking for a nice contract and the Seahawks begin to have to make choices of who to keep and who to let go. This off season has been an interesting look into the future as they have lost some decent players already. Next 2 off seasons though could be even crazier. If he can weather that storm and still keep the Seahawks near the top I will begin to start thinking of him in that light. To me that is one of the great aspects of a guy like Belichick that even though we are in an age in the NFL with the Cap that makes it easier for teams to get turned around in a hurry the Patriots continue to remain in the Super Bowl conversation year in and year out.

No sweat! Cheers...:suds:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise here for any NFL fan. 3 playoff appearances and a SBOWL in 4 years, revolutionizing how NFL teams look for in building a secondary (they may not all build Seattle's way, but every coach/owner will think about it... nobody even gave 6'2"+ corners/safeties a look until Carroll), and bringing such an energetic 'fill the stands' (not that Seattle had that prob. really) philosophy...

Wonder how much more he got. He was already $7M+ a year? IMO the guy deserves $10M+. Fortunately that's equivalent to like $10 from me thanks to Allen.

"Revolutionizing"....LOL. Some Seahawks fans on these boards crack me up.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Revolutionizing"....LOL. Some Seahawks fans on these boards crack me up.

Ok, I will bite and voice an unpopular view.
Brandon Browner. No team would even try him out. Too big and too slow, yet a founding member of the LOB.
Establish a power running game as your vision in a pass happy QB driven league which led to the team's 1st ever Lombardi.
Enforce a comPETE attitude playing those who have practiced/played the best regardless of FA or draft status.
Draft a 5'10" QB in the third round and announce he has won the QB competition over a high priced FA QB (Flynn) even though the decision made the Flynn signing look like a huge mistake.
Install a 330LB struggling (Red Bryant) DT into a DE position responsible more for holding the edge than rushing the passer. Who else uses massive DE's like that?
800 roster transactions in 4 years. No other team comes close.
Be All-In or hit the road regardless of contract status (TJ Houshmanzada).
HC hired the GM, not the other way around.

Revolutionary stuff? Maybe not, but when other teams/coaches/owners/players pay attention on what goes on in our FO, something good is up.
These were just a couple of quick thoughts that makes Pete stand out to me.

Go Seahawks.