• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peshek's CB Metrics 1.0

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am intrigued by Verrett.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just in general. His metrics in that article looked great. I am not even sure where he is projected to go.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By these numbers, if Dennard runs in the 4.4 range at the combine. Might be worth the #10 pick?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By these numbers, if Dennard runs in the 4.4 range at the combine. Might be worth the #10 pick?

I can't tell you how bad I dont want him to be the pick.

We are committed on the Houston contract for a couple years financially. Adding DRC maybe with Slay in nickel? Bentley to the bench? How many different times on here have people stated that CB has the longest learning curve? Slay needs to step it up and in his third year so does Bentley. Greenwood showed promise as well in his second year and first real playing time. CB just doesn't make sense. We are always talking about developing talent but then committ ourselves by adding another player to an already crowded position? Why?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these guys really gets me all warm and fuzzy. I would rather go LB. We have zero depth there even if we got a guy in FA we would still need one.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purifoy/Roberson

None of these guys really gets me all warm and fuzzy. I would rather go LB. We have zero depth there even if we got a guy in FA we would still need one.

There isn't but (1) CB that really interests me outside of Sammy Watkins' half-brother (Jaylen Watkins). He should be available in the 4th round.
Best man-to-man cover skills: CB Jaylen Watkins, Florida
Watkins showed quick feet, above-average fluidity and transitioned well out of his breaks, not to mention he also flashed good anticipation and route-recognition skills to get early breaks on throws. Utah State's Nevin Lawson also flashed well here this week. (from espn's senior bowl reviews; mcshay, muench, weidl)

Loucheiz Purifoy Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for Florida CB | Bleacher Report

Marcus Roberson Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for Florida CB | Bleacher Report

I would like to see Khalil Mack fall to #10 (Highly unlikely) if not, Mayhew should should grow some balls and attempt to seek out trade down scenarios prior to the draft. I'm assuming Watkins has no chance being there at #10 also. VanNoy is my next choice as LB, but I doubt he gets close to falling at #45.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell you how bad I dont want him to be the pick.

We are committed on the Houston contract for a couple years financially. Adding DRC maybe with Slay in nickel? Bentley to the bench? How many different times on here have people stated that CB has the longest learning curve? Slay needs to step it up and in his third year so does Bentley. Greenwood showed promise as well in his second year and first real playing time. CB just doesn't make sense. We are always talking about developing talent but then committ ourselves by adding another player to an already crowded position? Why?

I agree with you but our new coaching staff isn't committed to any of these players however. Especially bubble type players such as Greenwood and Bentley.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but our new coaching staff isn't committed to any of these players however. Especially bubble type players such as Greenwood and Bentley.

Nor should they be, necessarily.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should be committed to bentley and slay still. Not green or greenwood.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay = Young and very talented. Should develop into a good starter.
Mathis = Good but getting older. Not many years left with him. Plus I think he is a FA isnt he?
Houston = Had a good year then a bad year. A big question mark right now.
All other CBs on the team are nobodies. None of them have given me any reason to believe they will become good starters. They were all 3rd rounders or later, so they werent even targeted as good future starters coming out.

So we have one future starter, one good starting CB who might not be here, a question mark and nobodies. That doesnt give me much hope of a good defense. Not to mention that if we dont improve that secondary, the D-line will never reach its potential with the QB getting rid of the ball to open WRs so quick.

Draft Dennard, and have two young CBs developing together to become the starting duo for the next decade. Keep Mathis and maybe sign a decent FA to mentor these kids and set us up for the future while giving us a chance to win now. Keep ignoring the secondary and this defense will never become a very good one..

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kipers Top 10 at every position

Cornerbacks
1. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
2. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
4. Jason Verrett, TCU
5. *Marcus Roberson, Florida
6. *Bradley Roby, Ohio State
7. Keith McGill, Utah
8. *Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida
9. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
10. *Bashaud Breeland, Clemson

There's no way around the fact that this is a group that could shuffle some based on what happens in Indy. It's not just the 40 -- it'll also be about the measurements, with length so important now, given the size of many of the NFL's top receivers. You'll hear about guys rising because of long arms, for instance. A big change here is I've moved Joyner over from safeties. I think he'll operate as a slot corner and seems better listed here.

Safeties

1. *Calvin Pryor, Louisville
2. *Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
3. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
4. Deone Bucannon, Washington State
5. *Dion Bailey, USC
6. Antone Exum, Virginia Tech
7. Terrence Brooks, Florida State
8. Ahmad Dixon, Baylor
9. Marqueston Huff, Wyoming
10. Ty Zimmerman, Kansas State

There's a change at the top, with Pryor now ahead of Clinton-Dix. My guess is there will be split opinions on those two depending on which GM you ask, with some preferring Pryor's instincts and downhill style and others preferring the range Clinton-Dix offers in coverage. Who goes first could come down to scheme. The riser for me is Ward, who isn't a big player but is a very good one and looks as if he can start early. Likely a second-rounder.

2014 NFL Draft - Mel Kiper updates his list of the top NFL prospects at every position - ESPN

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith McGill is huge.

YEP.. And it was his 1st year at Corner and showed great improvement as the year wore on. He has a lot of upside.

McGill 6' 3"------ 214 lbs.---- 33" Arms------ 10 1/4" Hands

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he can't cut it at corner, push him back to safety. Definitely a guy ill be eyeing post combine.

Last edited by a moderator: