• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Personal Seat Licences are fucked up

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners holding fans hostage. What a bunch of bullshit. If I buy season tickets that should be good enough. I wonder how many 49ers fans now want out of their deal with Jed? Jed better deliver a winner or he is going to get roasted by fans and media.

Personal Seat Licences are fucked up slavery to teams. I refuse to buy into that bullshit. They should have to earn fans money every year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners holding fans hostage. What a bunch of bullshit. If I buy season tickets that should be good enough. I wonder how many 49ers fans now want out of their deal with Jed? Jed better deliver a winner or he is going to get roasted by fans and media.

Personal Seat Licences are fucked up slavery to teams. I refuse to buy into that bullshit. They should have to earn fans money every year.

I cant afford those seats anyway. I was priced out along time ago.Corporate/Rich man 's game. Even the Warrior tickets have gone up. Just wait till their new stadium is built. I just go to an occasional SF Giants game these days

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that PSL are fucked up...basically a sneaky way to help the owners fund the stadium...but I disagree that they are holding fans hostage, etc...simply don't buy the tickets.

I was a ticket buying MLB fan for several years had 4 seats for about 30 games, I had a 4 seat 20 game NBA tkt package, plus I'd take the family to a couple of NFL games every year...then when MLB cancelled their season b/c they couldn't figure out out to split up their billion $ pie...they lost me entirely as a gate fan...I dropped all of it...with the exception of maybe one Steeler road somewhere it's TV or naught for me.

Professional sports TV revenues in general have gotten so out of hand now that the little gate fan is just for atmosphere.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that PSL are fucked up...basically a sneaky way to help the owners fund the stadium...but I disagree that they are holding fans hostage, etc...simply don't buy the tickets.

I was a ticket buying MLB fan for several years had 4 seats for about 30 games, I had a 4 seat 20 game NBA tkt package, plus I'd take the family to a couple of NFL games every year...then when MLB cancelled their season b/c they couldn't figure out out to split up their billion $ pie...they lost me entirely as a gate fan...I dropped all of it...with the exception of maybe one Steeler road somewhere it's TV or naught for me.

Professional sports TV revenues in general have gotten so out of hand now that the little gate fan is just for atmosphere.

Don't use lose your money from the license if you cancel the tickets?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't use lose your money from the license if you cancel the tickets?

Idk to be honest...as it has been described here in ATL...the PSL goes with the seat and it's a one time fee so maybe it's possible to get it back.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL PSLs Have Become Very Risky Investments - Forbes

Looks like you don't get that money back per se, but try to get it back when you resell your tickets. If the 49ers turn to crap next year, I guess it could be bad if demand really drops because of it

Very interesting article. Thanks for that.

6K to 20 K at the new stadium for PSL's. Fuck them ! I would rather have a 70 inch brand new TV and watch at home where I can drink as much as I want have a steak and not take out a loan at a bank.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting article. Thanks for that.

6K to 20 K at the new stadium for PSL's. Fuck them ! I would rather have a 70 inch brand new TV and watch at home where I can drink as much as I want have a steak and not take out a loan at a bank.

Ive done end zone seats before and I'd rather watch on that big screen at home

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been to a 9er's home game for three seasons now, not because of pricing..more about timing from work. I have been to see them VS the Jets and the Pats in that time. We pay a pretty penny here for any game. That being said it really sucks that any team feels the need to screw the fan for the pleasure of seeing a game live.After seeing the lastest prices I'm not sure if I will ever bother to fly out and deal with the money grubbing BS I see that is going on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been to a 9er's home game for three seasons now, not because of pricing..more about timing from work. I have been to see them VS the Jets and the Pats in that time. We pay a pretty penny here for any game. That being said it really sucks that any team feels the need to screw the fan for the pleasure of seeing a game live.After seeing the lastest prices I'm not sure if I will ever bother to fly out and deal with the money grubbing BS I see that is going on.

An acquaintance offered me a couple of tickets at the Stick a couple of years ago. Excellent seats but $500 a pop. Hard to spend $1,000 on tickets when there are so many other more important things to spend $1,000 on.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm lucky to live in AZ and ticket prices don't get that crazy here. I usually have to pay double of the face value but that's not bad compared to other places. Two years ago I sat on the 50 yard line 10th row and only paid $200 each for 4 tickets.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When The Clink was under construction, Seahawk STH's had the opportunity to "invest" in PSL's in either the Charter (closest to the field) or Club (fancier, bigger seats, access to a cocktail club and better eats, located directly behind the Charter section) sections.
10 year+ STH's got a 10% discount with PSL's priced at $2500 per seat less 10%= $2250 per PSL. That is a one time fee. Club ticket prices were almost double the Charter ticket prices.
Mrs. Uh and I opted for 2 Charter PSL's and were asked to provide 3 potential locations that would make us happy. We got what we asked for and have been happy with the choice.
Yes, if the team is rocking a profit might be made. As an example of my situation, resale PSL's in my area while not common seem to sell for about $13000 per PSL, so from my perspective it was a great deal as long as I sell them while the team is doing well. Of course, it is a bummer to sell when the team rocks but that is the caveat of ownership.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm lucky to live in AZ and ticket prices don't get that crazy here. I usually have to pay double of the face value but that's not bad compared to other places. Two years ago I sat on the 50 yard line 10th row and only paid $200 each for 4 tickets.

I am guessing the cost to build in Santa Clara is much higher. There are also so much money in Santa Clara, so there is a large contingent willing to pay high prices

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cheapest you can get season tickets in AZ for less than $400. Thats 8 season games with 2 pre-season at $25 a ticket and some stadium fees. My dad and myself were season ticket holders for awhile but started to stay at home instead and only buy tickets to the game we like to go to. Of course I go to the 49ers every year and he is a Rams fan so we go see them and we sometimes pick a few big games during the year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cheapest you can get season tickets in AZ for less than $400. Thats 8 season games with 2 pre-season at $25 a ticket and some stadium fees. My dad and myself were season ticket holders for awhile but started to stay at home instead and only buy tickets to the game we like to go to. Of course I go to the 49ers every year and he is a Rams fan so we go see them and we sometimes pick a few big games during the year.

I've gone to games at Candlestick, endzone seats second level I think. It was cool to experience the crowd, but overall I would rather watch the game at home then watch it from those seats. I can only imagine what those seats cost in the new stadium when you include the PSLs

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers started this shit.
PSL's were sold when you wanted out of the tickets. You could also sell the tickets if you no longer wanted to go.
Eventually, after a couple of bas seasons, the value of the PSL's dropped to nothing......

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It purely depends on the demand of the game.