• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perhaps one of the Worst trades in Sports History....

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know what Nick Foles is. Since entering the NFL his passer rating has been 79; 119; 81 and currently 94. See the pattern here? He had one magical year in an otherwise uneventful career to date. A career year that was clearly an aberration in, as I said, a new system that took the NFL by surprise just as Griffin did in Washington.

Let's see who has a better year. If you win maybe I'll send you a bag of pigs ears.

Something tells me they are a hot commodity in your house.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. When it comes to Foles, how can anybody tell me who the guy is yet.

He played lights out for a season, played average or a little below average for the next half of the season before he got hurt. Foles is a healthy (at least with typical NFL injuries) 26 year old, 6'6 250 lbs. solid pocket passer. (frame wise)

What was it about Foles that he did not get the benefit of the doubt.

Foles had a statistically great season in 2013 - where he profitted from (a) superb O-line play, and (b) WR's bailing him out and some luck.

Last season he consistently made bad plays, and showed that he was NO fit for the offense that the Eagles run. Bad decision making, holding on for too long, causing his own pressure a lot and terrible turnovers. And making the same mistakes week after week after week after week. And his accuracy was not good much of the time (and was already somewhat of an issue in 2013).

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Foles play yesterday, again nothing special which is what I labeled him when he was drafted. So Chip rolled the dice on Bradford. Again he had done nothing specialy to date either but I can certainly see why Chip would take the gamble.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Foles play yesterday, again nothing special which is what I labeled him when he was drafted. So Chip rolled the dice on Bradford. Again he had done nothing specialy to date either but I can certainly see why Chip would take the gamble.

I agree that I understood why he decided to take the gamble. Unfortunately, I think he will lose the gamble, and be stuck with no quarterback.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, we had no QB anyway.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that Foles would have been better as an Eagle this year. Where is Tebow when you need him?
We could be 3-5 with Tebow as well. My point is that the problem is deeper than the QB situation. We all hoped that Kelly would build up the O line and it never happened. The Kelley ego gets in his way sometimes.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that Foles would have been better as an Eagle this year. Where is Tebow when you need him?
We could be 3-5 with Tebow as well. My point is that the problem is deeper than the QB situation. We all hoped that Kelly would build up the O line and it never happened. The Kelley ego gets in his way sometimes.
Yeah; after yesterday's game it is clear the problem is beyond the QB position.

Team full of Chipbots making dumb-ass mistakes. But Hey, they bought into the culture right?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I FEEL I WAS DEAD ON BALLS ACCURATE!!!! Horrible trade! We gave up a 2nd rd pick, which was my point all along!!!

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not nearly decided at this point. He could play better and come back next year and light it up.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubtful. Injured dudes seem to stay injured and he's following the exact same path he did in StLou. Play great in the pre-season, poor in the regular season, show flashes of competence, get hurt. Wash, rinse, repeat.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick at least they got Alex Smith.

It's too bad Chip drafted WRs that can't catch every single year instead of offensive lineman.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick at least they got Alex Smith.

It's too bad Chip drafted WRs that can't catch every single year instead of offensive lineman.

The 2014 draft Chip wanted to move up for OBJ, but Howie overruled him = Marcus Smith. We did get Matthews in the 2nd, but missed out on Jarvis Landry. Huff does not look like a very good WR, so the jury is still out on him. I'd give him one more year.
In this year's draft - I was totally on board with Agholor, and know he will become a very good receiver. He's not the problem. After Rowe, we did get Hicks, so I liked this draft. As far as the OL, at the time of the draft, we still had Mathis. Chip would have kept him if he had attended the OTA's, so he cooked his own goose. With every pick after that, an OL on the board was not worth the pick. the mistake was not picking La'el Collins in the 7th round, which was what most of wanted Chip to take a gamble on.
Hindsight is 20/20.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with our first and the one from Tennessee we should be able to get a couple good players. :scratch:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything this trade looks better today than the day they made it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. How exactly? We lost a second rounder and still have no QB better than Mark Sanchez.