• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin to the Jets?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a little extreme... One dimensional ? Tate wasn't a super-star receiver, but he was a solid receiver for us that I hated to lose.. But running the football is always the key, not running screens and end-arounds with Harvin... This will help our O get it's identity back... I have confidence in Wilson to execute even with less than stellar receivers... running the rock is a key to balance. Our D will still keep us in games.. You can't have a guy punching players in the locker room... ALSO did you hear he refused to re-enter the Dallas game ? Harvin was losing it...

Yes, one dimensional.

I'm not disputing that your identity should be on running the ball. And I'm not disputing that his locker room antics had to go.

What I'm saying is that Harvin brought a skill set to your offense that very few receivers in the league are capable of. Harvin is the kind of receiver that opposing defensive coordinators need to account for at all times. The same can't be said of your current receivers. Now opposing teams will know exactly what to key in on against your offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, one dimensional.

I'm not disputing that your identity should be on running the ball. And I'm not disputing that his locker room antics had to go.

What I'm saying is that Harvin brought a skill set to your offense that very few receivers in the league are capable of. Harvin is the kind of receiver that opposing defensive coordinators need to account for at all times. The same can't be said of your current receivers. Now opposing teams will know exactly what to key in on against your offense.

your comment is fine and it is specific as described above for Harvin.

however "one dimensional" is usually about running or passing not about what ONE player can do? So you're using the general "one dimensional" to describe a specific player, likely why he responded the way he did?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your comment is fine and it is specific as described above for Harvin.

however "one dimensional" is usually about running or passing not about what ONE player can do? So you're using the general "one dimensional" to describe a specific player, likely why he responded the way he did?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you're talking about. You lost me at:

"So you're using the general 'one dimensional' to describe a specific player"

No, I'm not. I said that the entire offense just became one dimensional.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok we see the trade happen...now what are the Seahawks going to do to shore up their receiving core? What is phase 2? Possible trade in the works for ??? to bring in another receiver?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree... Your basically saying we were one dimensional all last year... If and offense can run the ball and they have a decent qb there not one dimensional ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we see the trade happen...now what are the Seahawks going to do to shore up their receiving core? What is phase 2? Possible trade in the works for ??? to bring in another receiver?

That could happen... Were not looking great with our receivers right now... Baldwin is our best guy... Miller getting back is vital for us... But I can see a move being made at some point... Paul Richardson also needs to get more involved... I can see a move happening at some point...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok then never mind, just a thought and if you don't get me, no problem.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing a key point. You had Golden Tate, who was your leading receiver last year. You dumped him to pay Harvin. And now you lost Harvin. Seattle was already weak at WR, and unless your rookies step up, you just became even weaker at that position.

Your team may have just saved its locker room, but your entire offense just became one-dimensional.

Great Post. I agree now seattle Offense doesn't have Harvin or Tate. BIG hits

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great Post. I agree now seattle Offense doesn't have Harvin or Tate. BIG hits

no doubt big hits when you combine both, but this season they weren't using Harvin like a traditional WR anyway? So if we look at their receiving corps, does this really make a BIG difference from here?

they can certainly use another vet WR, and don't see why they can't get one? he won't be a BIG name but they don't need one either. they'll do just fine on offense as long as Wilson and Lynch continue to do what they do. they won't be explosive but they have enough to win it all.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt big hits when you combine both, but this season they weren't using Harvin like a traditional WR anyway? So if we look at their receiving corps, does this really make a BIG difference from here?

they can certainly use another vet WR, and don't see why they can't get one? he won't be a BIG name but they don't need one either. they'll do just fine on offense as long as Wilson and Lynch continue to do what they do. they won't be explosive but they have enough to win it all.

Winning it all again seem's like a million miles away... Right now I'll just take a win in St Louis ... :] Were not in any shape right now to even think about winning it all... We have to shore up some stuff ... Our O-line without Unger and a rookie at RT is a work in progress... Wilson and Lynch I have faith in... We need Miller back at the TE spot ... Our D is dinged up also ... things are gonna have to come together as the year progresses... Good luck in Denver by the way.... Should be a good one... It's always tough in Mile high with that thin air...

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Seattle winning it now. Big hit for them. Defense and Harvin on offense and special teams was a main reason they won the super bowl.

He helped make the SB a rout but the defense alone did enough to win the SB. Something must of happened in the locker room after the Dallas game that made it glaringly apparent that Harvin was too disruptive to the team to continue with him. The money is better spent elsewhere they must figure by now. It's sad it didn't work out better. We'll see how the Jets do with him.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He helped make the SB a rout but the defense alone did enough to win the SB. Something must of happened in the locker room after the Dallas game that made it glaringly apparent that Harvin was too disruptive to the team to continue with him. The money is better spent elsewhere they must figure by now. It's sad it didn't work out better. We'll see how the Jets do with him.

They still have Geno Smith so I think we know how they'll do.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To make a mid season trade of that nature with Harvin whom the yeam invested so much in, the situation had to have been bad

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, one dimensional.

Very similar words were said about the Seahawks last year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder why no one heard about anything. Seattle tried to trade Harvin for Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron. The last thing you want when trying to trade a player is for news to come out about behavior issues.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder why no one heard about anything. Seattle tried to trade Harvin for Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron. The last thing you want when trying to trade a player is for news to come out about behavior issues.

I wonder if whoever called Elway about the trade heard nothing but hilarious laughter for 15 straight minutes.