• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin to the Jets?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol great news.

Seahawks were already saying that they lacked depth at WR, and now Harvin is gone. Love it. One less threat threat to deal with.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancer.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a Seahawk fan who posts alot on the CSN Bay Area 49er page. He claims that Harvin was complaining about the three TDs that were called back and bitching to Wilson and other teammates about not getting the ball enough or not being used correctly. Apparently he was a problem in the locker room. I don't think the team will say anything about this publicly. That is the smart thing to do. Over time though the truth will eventually come out and you will find out what really happened. I read a really good book about Bill Walsh and it disclosed alot of things that happened during the 1980s that I had no idea had existed back then.

True... We as fans try to look into it as much as possible but there is always stuff happening behind the scenes that we don't see ...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that Percy Harvin can be a mentor to Geno Smith.
He can be a real help with people skills.....

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move is all about the money for Seattle. They over paid for Percy and they know it. They found someone willing to take his contract off their hands before they cut him in the offseason. They were never going to keep him for next year with Wilson's contract extension coming up. Pretty good move to get a potential 2nd round pick for him. Though they are gambling against this season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move is all about the money for Seattle. They over paid for Percy and they know it. They found someone willing to take his contract off their hands before they cut him in the offseason. They were never going to keep him for next year with Wilson's contract extension coming up. Pretty good move to get a potential 2nd round pick for him. Though they are gambling against this season.

It's more than just money when the guy is punching people in the locker room....Percy's attitude is why Pete made this move .... Dude needs anger management

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you think about the offseason that the 49ers just had, where we were getting hit with numerous player issues, it's amazing that this Harvin story was not reported for this long.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall bad job by Seattle. THis hurts Seattle in a BIG way. Teams don't need to game plan for Harvin now. Seattle offense in now easy to game plan. They only have a running game now. Plus Seattle gets hit with a 9 million cap hit next year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Seattle winning it now. Big hit for them. Defense and Harvin on offense and special teams was a main reason they won the super bowl.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall bad job by Seattle. THis hurts Seattle in a BIG way. Teams don't need to game plan for Harvin now. Seattle offense in now easy to game plan. They only have a running game now. Plus Seattle gets hit with a 9 million cap hit next year.

No this helps us... You can't have attitudes killing your locker room and practices... Harvin didn't have any impact on our record last year... Sure he played well vs Denver but that was the only time he stepped for us...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Seattle winning it now. Big hit for them. Defense and Harvin on offense and special teams was a main reason they won the super bowl.

I disagree with that... We didn't have Harvin when we played you guy's and in my opinion you guy's were better than Denver last year... We'll see what happens..

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB yes ,the regular season no way. The 'Hawks will be better off without Percy IMO. Just check his stats for last season.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say how this affects the Hawks going forward. I honestly have no idea what they will look like tomorrow. I can see them rallying around it or it going the other way. Sense is that it will hurt short team but be better in the long run but that remains to be seen.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No this helps us... You can't have attitudes killing your locker room and practices... Harvin didn't have any impact on our record last year... Sure he played well vs Denver but that was the only time he stepped for us...

You're missing a key point. You had Golden Tate, who was your leading receiver last year. You dumped him to pay Harvin. And now you lost Harvin. Seattle was already weak at WR, and unless your rookies step up, you just became even weaker at that position.

Your team may have just saved its locker room, but your entire offense just became one-dimensional.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the locker room problems are just starting.

Manish Mehta Seahawks learned of Harvin trade b4 boarding team bus. I'm told Marshawn Lynch, close to Harvin, went off & almost didn't get on bus

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now I'm hearing that the Seahawks received a conditional 6th round pick that could turn into a 4th round pick.

Considering how much they overpaid for him, the Seahawks really shit the bed here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing a key point. You had Golden Tate, who was your leading receiver last year. You dumped him to pay Harvin. And now you lost Harvin. Seattle was already weak at WR, and unless your rookies step up, you just became even weaker at that position.

Your team may have just saved its locker room, but your entire offense just became one-dimensional.

That's a little extreme... One dimensional ? Tate wasn't a super-star receiver, but he was a solid receiver for us that I hated to lose.. But running the football is always the key, not running screens and end-arounds with Harvin... This will help our O get it's identity back... I have confidence in Wilson to execute even with less than stellar receivers... running the rock is a key to balance. Our D will still keep us in games.. You can't have a guy punching players in the locker room... ALSO did you hear he refused to re-enter the Dallas game ? Harvin was losing it...

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a little extreme... One dimensional ? Tate wasn't a super-star receiver, but he was a solid receiver for us that I hated to lose.. But running the football is always the key, not running screens and end-arounds with Harvin... This will help our O get it's identity back... I have confidence in Wilson to execute even with less than stellar receivers... running the rock is a key to balance. Our D will still keep us in games.. You can't have a guy punching players in the locker room... ALSO did you hear he refused to re-enter the Dallas game ? Harvin was losing it...

I agree for the most part.

certainly agree with doing what's best for the TEAM first. No doubt his cap implications and draft pick hurt, but you do what's best for the team now. don't wait till it gets worse and the TEAM starts to lose unity.

sort of agree it starts with running effectively, don't know if TODAY its the "key", but certainly still a requirement. in Seattle's case yeah, it starts with D and the offense will do fine without Harbin. it starts with Wilson anyway.

it is same with the 49ers, we depend on D first, then Kaep.