• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin to the Jets?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the rumor right now. Full of intrigue. My first thought is, why now? Interesting to see what that was all about.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news! We dont have to deal with Harvin on PR/KRs or as a WR. I think this has to do with money. The Hawks have to pay Wilson next year and other players so they cant keep everyone. Also the trick plays with Harvin and the screen plays havent been working for the Hawks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news! We dont have to deal with Harvin on PR/KRs or as a WR. I think this has to do with money. The Hawks have to pay Wilson next year and other players so they cant keep everyone. Also the trick player with Harvin and the screen plays havent been working for the Hawks.

I don't think money was a primary concern. If this rumor is true, then my guess is the team is unhappy with his performance in some way. The salary cap hit would be an additional concen when you are taking a big cap hit for someone you are not happy with.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sources" confirm Pete Carrol has lost the locker room.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue why he was traded really. Even the 'Hawk fans are confused. I can only say it was not about money....not in the middle of the season.No team does that and they really can't just trade players without some sort of loss at this time. I wonder what really happened here?:noidea:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue why he was traded really. Even the 'Hawk fans are confused. I can only say it was not about money....not in the middle of the season.No team does that and they really can't just trade players without some sort of loss at this time. I wonder what really happened here?:noidea:

I agree with you. I dont think money would be a primary consideration, but it could factor into it. If Harvin was only making 500k, I bet there would be less urgency to make such a trade

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok.. Before evryone goes insane after reading this post, I would like to make it clear that this is a joke post stemming from boredom ..... Now after stating all that on with my conspiracy theory on this trade hehehe...

Background Facts:
1. The current GM for the Jets used to be with Seattle..
2. Rex Ryan, current HC of the Jets is currently under the "hot seat"
3. Pete Carroll used to be the Jets HC...

Now the CRAZY THEORY....

Wanting to coach the Jets again and move to New York, a bigger NFL Market... Pete send Harvin to the Jets in an anticipation of the high likelihood of a coaching vacancy with the Jets... Once vacancy happens, Idzik hires Pete away from Seattle who now have more viable option in the offensive side of the ball excluding QB which can be filled in the 2015 draft...

hehehe.. JK...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting $11 million per season, and basically is getting 30 snaps per game. Unless you're dominating like Don Hutson, it's pretty much a math problem. Seattle basically admitted error and moved on. Maybe, as has been rumoured, he isn't exactly a great locker room guy either, which further pushed him out.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Decker will be happy to have someone to take the pressure off, should be a good move for the Jets.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something went down behind the scenes... I can't confirm, but Pete is not shy to make moves if he feel's something is not working or a player is affecting chemistry... Percy can be a hot head and lose his cool.. I"m hearing he'll take himself out of practices and even games if he's not happy about something...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
@ChristensenDrew: This season, @DangeRussWilson completed 73.3% of his passes with @Percy_Harvin on the field ... only 53.1% when Percy was off.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChristensenDrew: This season, @DangeRussWilson completed 73.3% of his passes with @Percy_Harvin on the field ... only 53.1% when Percy was off.

We were better on offense without him though... Sounds crazy but it's true.. We didn't get to use him the entire season last year only for a few snaps... The Super-Bowl he was obviously impactful ... But so far this year it's been all screen passes and end arounds...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something went down behind the scenes... I can't confirm, but Pete is not shy to make moves if he feel's something is not working or a player is affecting chemistry... Percy can be a hot head and lose his cool.. I"m hearing he'll take himself out of practices and even games if he's not happy about something...

There is a Seahawk fan who posts alot on the CSN Bay Area 49er page. He claims that Harvin was complaining about the three TDs that were called back and bitching to Wilson and other teammates about not getting the ball enough or not being used correctly. Apparently he was a problem in the locker room. I don't think the team will say anything about this publicly. That is the smart thing to do. Over time though the truth will eventually come out and you will find out what really happened. I read a really good book about Bill Walsh and it disclosed alot of things that happened during the 1980s that I had no idea had existed back then.