• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per carl2680 the heats lebron, bosh and wade will stay together

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be hating on Beasley

He's reformed :suds:

With Wade playing so underwhelmingly, why didn't Spo give B-smokes-trees-ly some burn?

:boink:

Any news on the free agent front?

Lowry seems torn and Deng wants market value.

Who's next on the list?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Wade playing so underwhelmingly, why didn't Spo give B-smokes-trees-ly some burn?

:boink:

Any news on the free agent front?

Lowry seems torn and Deng wants market value.

Who's next on the list?

Beasley should have played more throughout the playoffs.
As far as his FA, I haven't heard a word and am afraid to ask, because I probably wont like the answer.

I don't want Deng, and Lowry is good, but we have bigger needs then PG, and hes not worth what he will be paid IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley should have played more throughout the playoffs.
As far as his FA, I haven't heard a word and am afraid to ask, because I probably wont like the answer.

I don't want Deng, and Lowry is good, but we have bigger needs then PG, and hes not worth what he will be paid IMO.

I think your Beasley love is unfounded. He may be more mature than he was and he is clearly talented, but there are still plenty of holes in his game. Spoelstra has proven that he is willing to make radical rotation changes at any time, so if Beasley were a good enough player to help the team, he would have been in there.

Shane Battier, for example, is not tremendously gifted athletically, but he is highly intelligent and although his skills have eroded, he can still contribute simply because he is always in the right place at the right time. Beasley is pretty much the opposite of that. He is the the guy who oozes athleticism, but the team just seems to play worse when he is on the floor because of his poor decisions on both ends.

Spo lost faith in Beasley for good reason. He is still young enough to get his career back on track and I hope that he was able to learn from the vets on the Heat.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your Beasley love is unfounded. He may be more mature than he was and he is clearly talented, but there are still plenty of holes in his game. Spoelstra has proven that he is willing to make radical rotation changes at any time, so if Beasley were a good enough player to help the team, he would have been in there.

Shane Battier, for example, is not tremendously gifted athletically, but he is highly intelligent and although his skills have eroded, he can still contribute simply because he is always in the right place at the right time. Beasley is pretty much the opposite of that. He is the the guy who oozes athleticism, but the team just seems to play worse when he is on the floor because of his poor decisions on both ends.

Spo lost faith in Beasley for good reason. He is still young enough to get his career back on track and I hope that he was able to learn from the vets on the Heat.

:agree::10:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm talking 1M veterans minimum.

Regardless of his flaws which I readily admit he has, he's young, healthy, athletic, and can score.

You can't just keep restocking with a bunch of old farts or trying to bring back centers from the dead.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if smarter is the right word, because a lot of smart people would choose 22M or whatever it is over 15M.

The thing about Anthony though, is that he said winning would be the most important factor.

When he signs with NY, because he really is all about the money, he will preface it by saying he trusts Phil and feels NY will offer his best chance to win.
If Melo wants to win now then the Knicks shouldn't be in the equation.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they signed Birdman who has zero offensive ability, a drug suspension and was facing *false* statutory r*pe charges.

They drafted, traded, and then brought back the purple kush, chain-smoking Mike Beasley.

Clearly, they have no issue taking on problem children if they have talent and come at a low price.

Good - then they should take Blatche. If that occurs he will likely show some initial stages of promise followed by embarrassing on & off court episodes followed by a long stint on the bench. Wizards only recently have made some decent moves & sending this bum packing was definitely one of them.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless of his flaws which I readily admit he has, he's young, healthy, athletic, and can score.

You can't just keep restocking with a bunch of old farts or trying to bring back centers from the dead.
The Nets thought they could win it all with a bunch of old farts. You saw how well that worked out for them.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about Beasley specifically, but I agree, in general, with this line of thinking.

The Heat can't go with the Big 3 + a bunch of veterans on their last legs.

There are plenty of young guys with potential available for $1-$2 million. Guys that just might be able to turn a great situation playing with the worlds best player into a good career.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Gordon to the Magic, 2 years for 9 million.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon to Orlando is a bit bizarre, he's a chucker and they are a young team.

He could be a cancer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Beasley specifically, but I agree, in general, with this line of thinking.

The Heat can't go with the Big 3 + a bunch of veterans on their last legs.

There are plenty of young guys with potential available for $1-$2 million. Guys that just might be able to turn a great situation playing with the worlds best player into a good career.

I agree also, but you need a mix and you need guys whose games fit the team's needs. The Heat don't need to go sign a bunch of big time athletes. I agree that they can't just rely on old guys, but they already have great athletes in their core group. They need skill players to complement those guys.

Hopefully some of those skill players will be athletes also (players like Ariza), but signing guys like Beasley, Evan Turner etc. are nothing more than redundant pieces.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't look like Bosh is wants to take as much of a discount as people think he should

Last edited by a moderator: