• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per carl2680 the heats lebron, bosh and wade will stay together

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mainly kidding, but that's kind of my point. We've been told that it's all one big lovefest out there in Miami. If that's the case, why did Lebron need to "force" anything?

If the latest reports are true and Lebron really is looking for a 1-2 year deal at max money, why not opt in and trust that Riley/Wade/Bosh will all "do the right thing"?

I do agree though, that it's asking someone to walk away from $40 million is a HUGE ask.

I'm not going to lie. I appreciate everything Lebron's done for the Heat, titles and all - it's been great. But, seriously, if we have to go through this shit every other year until the end of his career....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to lie. I appreciate everything Lebron's done for the Heat, titles and all - it's been great. But, seriously, if we have to go through this shit every other year until the end of his career....

Yeah, that would be a bit much.

No fanbase wants to be held hostage.

Hey, did you see that D Rose actually did a workout to show Melo that he was healthy and ready to go?

That's actually kind of awesome.

But, after 8 hours of meetings, workouts and wining and dining...

He's still gonna take the money and run from New York.

If what is being reported is even marginally true, they want to keep Noah, Taj and bring Melo in for 12-15 mil.

I don't see that happening.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, seriously, if we have to go through this shit every other year until the end of his career....
Then its kind of not worth it in a sense. I don't know what in the world is this Laker fans agreeing with Heat fans thing that's goin around...but I agree. You gotta do anything to keep the best player in the world, but IF reports hold true, then that's rough. Its almost like Riley would be on the hook if they don't win the Finals EVERY year. The Heat just went to FOUR straight finals and the public sentiment is Riley better do something...but the fact is that Riley is in a tough spot if they take the money that they are reported to take. I'll wait until something actually happens before I judge however.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I don't get is why opt out for leverage...only to take the max? That only works if Bosh and Wade is taking like 10 mil. or so. Not gonna be a good look if he takes the max, and Bosh/Wade wants to get 14 or 15 mil

same thought i had. funny, but one of my co-workers is almost 100% sure he heads back to Cleveland. i told him that if he was right(i still doubt it), then i'd write a huge post telling him how right he was...:lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then its kind of not worth it in a sense. I don't know what in the world is this Laker fans agreeing with Heat fans thing that's goin around...but I agree. You gotta do anything to keep the best player in the world, but IF reports hold true, then that's rough. Its almost like Riley would be on the hook if they don't win the Finals EVERY year. The Heat just went to FOUR straight finals and the public sentiment is Riley better do something...but the fact is that Riley is in a tough spot if they take the money that they are reported to take. I'll wait until something actually happens before I judge however.

Riley nailed it in his press conference. Every elite team has lost, shit happens. Jordan got his ass kicked by the Pistons before he won. The Spurs were great in the Finals (every year they went) until they lost to the Heat, and in between their respective title years, they've had some embarrassing showings. Same thing happened in the 80's with Birds Celtics, as well as the Showtime Lakers. Hell, I still remember how the Lakers had Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe and Shaq and everyone predicted that that group was going to win many titles (which I was convinced as well), until they got crushed by the Jazz in back-to-back years.

And yeah, it's weird that Lakers and Heat fans have been agreeing on just about everything. I wonder if this is the sign of an impending apocalypse.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah, it's weird that Lakers and Heat fans have been agreeing on just about everything. I wonder if this is the sign of an impending apocalypse.

Heat fan are dumb!

Now, dont break the trend, agree with me. :suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that would be a bit much.

No fanbase wants to be held hostage.

Hey, did you see that D Rose actually did a workout to show Melo that he was healthy and ready to go?

That's actually kind of awesome.

But, after 8 hours of meetings, workouts and wining and dining...

He's still gonna take the money and run from New York.

If what is being reported is even marginally true, they want to keep Noah, Taj and bring Melo in for 12-15 mil.

I don't see that happening.

We will soon find out if Melo has matured at all.

I know Phil Jackson has been going back and forth on whether or not to offer Melo a max deal. He probably will, but it is pretty clear that he does not want to. I would not be shocked if that full offer never happens.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will soon find out if Melo has matured at all.

I know Phil Jackson has been going back and forth on whether or not to offer Melo a max deal. He probably will, but it is pretty clear that he does not want to. I would not be shocked if that full offer never happens.

What do you mean by saying we will see soon if Melo has matured?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by saying we will see soon if Melo has matured?

If he makes the Knicks offer him a max deal, at this stage of his career, then that will be a signal that he still cares more about his own personal accolades than he does about winning.

As good as Melo is at scoring the basketball, he is not a true max player. Very few are, but if Melo is willing to acknowledge his shortcomings and sign for less in a place like Chicago or even take a smaller real from the Knicks then I will be willing to reevaluate him.

If he forces the Knicks to make the max offer that they do not want to make, then it is same old Melo.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes the Knicks offer him a max deal, at this stage of his career, then that will be a signal that he still cares more about his own personal accolades than he does about winning.

As good as Melo is at scoring the basketball, he is not a true max player. Very few are, but if Melo is willing to acknowledge his shortcomings and sign for less in a place like Chicago or even take a smaller real from the Knicks then I will be willing to reevaluate him.

If he forces the Knicks to make the max offer that they do not want to make, then it is same old Melo.
Why should Melo stay with the Knicks for less money? He would be smarter to sign with a contender.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should Melo stay with the Knicks for less money? He would be smarter to sign with a contender.

Not sure if smarter is the right word, because a lot of smart people would choose 22M or whatever it is over 15M.

The thing about Anthony though, is that he said winning would be the most important factor.

When he signs with NY, because he really is all about the money, he will preface it by saying he trusts Phil and feels NY will offer his best chance to win.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I don't get is why opt out for leverage...only to take the max? That only works if Bosh and Wade is taking like 10 mil. or so. Not gonna be a good look if he takes the max, and Bosh/Wade wants to get 14 or 15 mil

James played around 35 more games and I believe 1300 more minutes than Wade last season.
What's not going to look good is if Wade tries to over value himself, when in fact it seems like the Heat is willing to offer him a pretty sweet, extended multi year contract.

Bosh said up front that he would take a discount to stay. Only he and Riley really know how much of a discount that is.

James shouldn't be criticized for wanting a max OR if he decides to sacrifice again.
The reasoning is sound either way.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CL67 I just dont see how Lebron goes back to Cleveland. Not this season, maybe in a couple more years to play out his career, but not now. Wade/Bosh/Lebron all met before Wade and Bosh opted out. There is just 0% chance that Wade would opt out of his contract if he wasnt 100% sure that Lebron was staying. Bosh could opt out and get paid elsewhere. Wade couldnt. So for him to sacrifice the 20 Mil, he had to be certain that LBJ was staying put.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think they should focus on a big.

Pau, Blatche, Gortat, Hawes, Frye....in that order.

After landing a big, maybe target a guy like Pierce, who would be a huge hypocrite after all the grief he gave Ray Allen, or take a flyer on a guy like Evan Turner who totally DESTROYED his market those last few months in Indy.

Scratch Gortat from that list. I also don't know why anyone would want a headcase like Blatche on their team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. Like Lebron's agent said: "All of these bs reports are just that."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley nailed it in his press conference. Every elite team has lost, shit happens. Jordan got his ass kicked by the Pistons before he won. The Spurs were great in the Finals (every year they went) until they lost to the Heat, and in between their respective title years, they've had some embarrassing showings. Same thing happened in the 80's with Birds Celtics, as well as the Showtime Lakers. Hell, I still remember how the Lakers had Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe and Shaq and everyone predicted that that group was going to win many titles (which I was convinced as well), until they got crushed by the Jazz in back-to-back years.

Riley definitely nailed it. Also, the last 2 teams that went to the finals 4 straight times, also went 2-2. Not saying this as a slam, but I wonder if some of the stuff coming from Lebron is him feeling the pressure of not 1, not 2....etc.?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley definitely nailed it. Also, the last 2 teams that went to the finals 4 straight times, also went 2-2. Not saying this as a slam, but I wonder if some of the stuff coming from Lebron is him feeling the pressure of not 1, not 2....etc.?

Could be, he set the bar pretty high for himself. Out of all the criticism that the Heat and/or Lebron received. I think that was the only thing that was truly justified; the celebration they had in July was a bit much IMO, but not something I would get my jimmies rustled over.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but if he takes the max deal with the Knicks, it makes it that much more difficult for Phil to get the players he needs around him. I have no problem with LeBron or KD taking max deals because they are worth every penny. Players like Melo? Not so much.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch Gortat from that list. I also don't know why anyone would want a headcase like Blatche on their team.

Dude, they signed Birdman who has zero offensive ability, a drug suspension and was facing *false* statutory r*pe charges.

They drafted, traded, and then brought back the purple kush, chain-smoking Mike Beasley.

Clearly, they have no issue taking on problem children if they have talent and come at a low price.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they signed Birdman who has zero offensive ability, a drug suspension and was facing *false* statutory r*pe charges.

They drafted, traded, and then brought back the purple kush, chain-smoking Mike Beasley.

Clearly, they have no issue taking on problem children if they have talent and come at a low price.

Don't be hating on Beasley

He's reformed :suds: