• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peppers to the Pack

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Charles Woodson 2.0. He will revitalize his career in the green and gold and be in the running for defensive POY the next couple seasons. Him and Matthews should create a hell of a duo.

I wouldn't go that far (DPOY), but I do agree that he will greatly improve the DLine. Should make for a very interesting season for the Pack.

C

cubzzzfanincali

in fact, I hate to say this, because this amounts to blaspheme against a guy whose football I respect so much, but Peppers was definitely part of the reason for the Bears defensive collapse this season. Watch the tape. He got much slower.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously comparing him to Woodson is a bit of a leap but I think he will definitely put out a legitimate defensive season. He has new teammates, he's playing for one of the cornerstones of the NFL, great fanbase, he will be fired up and ready to go. Not used to the Pack going after big FA's.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Obviously comparing him to Woodson is a bit of a leap but I think he will definitely put out a legitimate defensive season. He has new teammates, he's playing for one of the cornerstones of the NFL, great fanbase, he will be fired up and ready to go. Not used to the Pack going after big FA's.

ok, that I can agree with. I'm sure he will have some good games, too. I just think they will be in the earlier part of the season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again leomaz feels the need to thumbs down all my comments.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, that I can agree with. I'm sure he will have some good games, too. I just think they will be in the earlier part of the season.

I agree with Cali. I have a feeling he will play very well in the early part of the season... But overall, he should bolster the Pack's D.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because that is what they deserve

once again leomaz feels the need to thumbs down all my comments.

They aren't deserving of anything more........we all know what Julius is and you are trying to spin it that he will be in line for POY...what kinda crap is that?

:yahoo: :ss:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not THETE cornerstone

He has already played for thee cornerstone franchise and greatest fans in tbe league....:gaah:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already played for thee cornerstone franchise and greatest fans in tbe league....:gaah:

For me the cornerstones of the NFL include: Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Dallas. Not including the Bears in that is more to do with the lack of trophies than your fan base. Chicago fans are terrific, for every sport.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I guess this is semantics, but if you mean by "cornerstone" teams that win the most Super Bowls, you're right. If you think "cornerstone" means money supporting it, and since in the NFL money comes from TV (i.e. advertising) revenue, 2 of those 4 teams are NFL pipsqueaks, one's in the middle, and the fourth is big but not in the top five.

I think the NFL is based on money. Not a bad thing, just what it is. But you are free to describe things however you like.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thats what they did with Britton all last year.

We know peppers turns it on and off at will. We will see the best of him twice a year.

Another twist to the rivalry. I love it.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^this

I don't care what leomaz or anyone else says, it hurts to see him go to the Packers. I think he still has a couple good years in him, if used properly.

:agree: But it makes the rivalry that much more interesting. Wouldn't doubt ESPN puts both games on MNF.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has been around longer than the Super Bowl

For me the cornerstones of the NFL include: Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Dallas. Not including the Bears in that is to do with the lack of trophies than your fan base. Chicago fans are terrific, for every sport.

The NFL has been around alot longer than the Super Bowl. ...so if you want to turn a blind eye and make it so it looks better for your team. Then go ahead. Doesn't make it anymore correct.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Charles Woodson 2.0. He will revitalize his career in the green and gold and be in the running for defensive POY the next couple seasons. Him and Matthews should create a hell of a duo.

Thats nowhere close to being a reasonable analogy. In addition to being a large man playing a different position, plantar fasciitis has been hampering him the last few seasons. Sure, he can be effective, but revitalizing his career? Hyperbole.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the cornerstones of the NFL include: Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Dallas. Not including the Bears in that is more to do with the lack of trophies than your fan base. Chicago fans are terrific, for every sport.

I am with you until this comment.... The founding team of the NFL is not one of e cornerstones of the NFL? Also, as stated by Cali, money talks in the NFL and the Bears are one of the chief producers/contributes.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st off, The Bears invented the fucking NFL, that alone makes them a cornerstone if not the whole fn foundation.

2nd...market-wise, they are in the top 10, maybe higher, for sure.

3rd...there is a reason why the NFC Championship trophy is named after Halas. (Frankly, super bowl wins aside, if you know the history, it's a bunch of BS that its the Lombardi trophy, as Lombardi and the Pack wouldn't have even lasted, if it weren't for GSH.)

4th: longevity wins. Look at the records. Most HOFers. Most wins, etc.

Maybe I'm a homer, but itsa no-brainer to me.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off, The Bears invented the fucking NFL, that alone makes them a cornerstone if not the whole fn foundation.

3rd...there is a reason why the NFC Championship trophy is named after Halas. (Frankly, super bowl wins aside, if you know the history, it's a bunch of BS that its the Lombardi trophy, as Lombardi and the Pack wouldn't have even lasted, if it weren't for GSH.)

Well said Milkshake.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree... even if you look at current market, both Bears and Packers are in Top 10 today with NFL market base.

If you are talking "Historical Cornerstones", there are 3 teams that stand out IMO... Bears, Packers and Giants. After that will come a 2nd tier of teams.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious- WHERE is Brian Urlacher screaming about Loyalty?
Wasn't Pep one of his boys too? Touchy subject for some. It's just fun.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... even if you look at current market, both Bears and Packers are in Top 10 today with NFL market base.

If you are talking "Historical Cornerstones", there are 3 teams that stand out IMO... Bears, Packers and Giants. After that will come a 2nd tier of teams.

I agree. Maybe what he meant though was over the last 20 years, in which case he needed to add NE and the Giants to his list.