• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peppers to the Pack

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he takes the McMichael route and is non existent as a packer. 3 years, max of 30 million with incentives, 7.5 guaranteed, 8.5 the first year. Peppers will bank 17 million dollars this season.

C

cubzzzfanincali

at least one thing we won't have to worry about....Peppers taking all our "coveted secrets" of a great defense to Green Bay. For the Bears, those secrets no longer exist!

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract is great. Only 3.5 against the cap and if he doesn't work out we can axe him after the year with no hit for next year. If he is used properly, in a rotation of some sorts where we can keep him fresh down the stretch it could be a great pickup. But he could also get hurt at his age and then it does nothing. The important thing is the numbers and they work well for us not only this year but down the road.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt hurt a bit for me......now if we had JaMarcus Webb.....it would be a different story.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one hurts a little...gotta be honest

Well, just remember when Mongo went up to green bay for the end of his career, didnt hurt much at all.

Secrets lol, 500 yards per game, there were no secrets. Philly isnt worried about using posters to call defenses, I doubt peppers knows anything else than how to get around our tackles.

So much for Peppers isnt the right fit for a 3-4 defense though. I see they got Raji back for 4 million per year too and we know Pepp did much better when Ratliff started to find his way.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need another O-lineman who could play the TE spot. :lol:
A healthy Mathews & Pep could be lethal. Still think Pep has a good yr. or 2 in him. Just not at the price we'd have pay to keep him.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Mathews & Pep could be lethal. Still think Pep has a good yr. or 2 in him. Just not at the price we'd have pay to keep him.

yes.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, thats what they did with Britton all last year.

We know peppers turns it on and off at will. We will see the best of him twice a year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thats what they did with Britton all last year.

We know peppers turns it on and off at will. We will see the best of him twice a year.

^^^this

I don't care what leomaz or anyone else says, it hurts to see him go to the Packers. I think he still has a couple good years in him, if used properly.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pepper comments in an article on the Packer web page:

Julius Peppers joins Packers; predicts 'something different'

Peppers and the Packers agreed to a three-year contract that could take Peppers to the end of a career that began with him being selected second overall by the Carolina Panthers in the 2002 draft. Twelve years and 118½ sacks later, Peppers is hoping his third stop in the NFL will finally produce the Super Bowl title that’s eluded him.

“The teams that have the good quarterbacks are the teams that win. That obviously factored into some of my decision making,” Peppers said of joining Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. “I’m looking forward to playing with Aaron. As much as I disliked chasing him around, I’m excited to join him.”

Win a championship with the Packers?

That’s the most important thing. I haven’t won a championship. That’s where my focus is. I feel like the team is set up to make a run and I feel I can help get it there,” Peppers said.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pepper comments in an article on the Packer web page:

Julius Peppers joins Packers; predicts 'something different'

Peppers and the Packers agreed to a three-year contract that could take Peppers to the end of a career that began with him being selected second overall by the Carolina Panthers in the 2002 draft. Twelve years and 118½ sacks later, Peppers is hoping his third stop in the NFL will finally produce the Super Bowl title that’s eluded him.

“The teams that have the good quarterbacks are the teams that win. That obviously factored into some of my decision making,” Peppers said of joining Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. “I’m looking forward to playing with Aaron. As much as I disliked chasing him around, I’m excited to join him.”

Win a championship with the Packers?

That’s the most important thing. I haven’t won a championship. That’s where my focus is. I feel like the team is set up to make a run and I feel I can help get it there,” Peppers said.

You need an OLine as bad as we need a defense before any of us can even think about championships.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to a moronic packers fan to try to twist a story.....

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Green Bay Packers have signed eight-time Pro Bowler Julius Peppers, the team announced Saturday.

The defensive end agreed to a three-year deal worth up to $30 million, his agent, Carl Carey, told ESPN's Josina Anderson. The deal includes $7.5 million in guaranteed money and will pay Peppers $8.5 million in salary for the first year, Carey told Anderson.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its a shame to see him go to our rivalry,so I really cant wish him well..............

So long Julius.it was fun...........and now my son does not not know what to do with your jersey.:noidea:

C

cubzzzfanincali

^^^this

I don't care what leomaz or anyone else says, it hurts to see him go to the Packers. I think he still has a couple good years in him, if used properly.

Hey, yeah, it does, but I am happy for him. He was a class act and a great player. The Packers slightly overpaid him, but not too badly, and he will give them some good games yet, so it's not like a disaster (I'm looking right at you Oakland, Roger Saffold "signing"). It's going to suck if and when he takes Cutler down, but hey man, that's football. I am really curious to see how the Packers use him. If he stands up, the right move for the opponent (like, when we play them) is to run right at him. Especially as he gets older. Make him the point of attack.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Charles Woodson 2.0. He will revitalize his career in the green and gold and be in the running for defensive POY the next couple seasons. Him and Matthews should create a hell of a duo.

C

cubzzzfanincali

there's one huge problem with the Woodson analogy.

Julius Peppers is a huge guy. His main football talent is quickness for that size. The injury that is taking him down is his feet, and big people putting major load on their feet is a bad recipe. Woodson didn't have that issue. But you could see it in Peppers play this year, as the year dragged on, he just couldn't do it any more. Who can blame him?

But he's not going to magically get better or get that spring in his step back, and while a defensive back can rely on strategic intelligence to cover up for declining skills, skills which are declining more slowly because they are smaller, a lineman doesn't have that luxury. Especially one who made his money on his quickness.