• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious, is there a website that compares high school football players to current college stars or even NFL stars? Meaning, "Oh this kid at wide receiver reminds me of a young Calvin Johnson" or "He has the skill set to be the next Adrian Peterson" ?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious, is there a website that compares high school football players to current college stars or even NFL stars? Meaning, "Oh this kid at wide receiver reminds me of a young Calvin Johnson" or "He has the skill set to be the next Adrian Peterson" ?

Many of the so called "experts" who rate the kids will make comparisons.

The best network for recruiting info is 24/7. The Penn State site is by far the best of teh 3 major networks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the following five players, who do you think will commit to Penn State based on what you have heard and seen:

Tim Settle
Ricky Deberry
Christian Wilkins
Matthew Burrell
Shareff Miller

We Are.....

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the following five players, who do you think will commit to Penn State based on what you have heard and seen:

Tim Settle
Ricky Deberry
Christian Wilkins
Matthew Burrell
Shareff Miller

We Are.....

In order of confidence:

Wilkins
Settle
Burrell
DeBerry
Miller (I don't think he's even a take unless they want Holland at TE)

We'll get another CB as well, some new offers went out, Also think we get 2 OL....if Michigan stays in tailspin, we will turn heat up on Newsome again. Also think we def take another LB. We'll know a lot more about Deberry and Burrell after OSU game when they visit.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order of confidence:

Wilkins
Settle
Burrell
DeBerry
Miller (I don't think he's even a take unless they want Holland at TE)

We'll get another CB as well, some new offers went out, Also think we get 2 OL....if Michigan stays in tailspin, we will turn heat up on Newsome again. Also think we def take another LB. We'll know a lot more about Deberry and Burrell after OSU game when they visit.

Garrett Taylor might be a name to watch as far as CB goes. Also if Wimbush does bolt to ND, do we have a backup plan? Is it Nick Johns? Do we not take a QB in 2015?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett Taylor might be a name to watch as far as CB goes. Also if Wimbush does bolt to ND, do we have a backup plan? Is it Nick Johns? Do we not take a QB in 2015?

2 things, until I hear anything from a credible source (Loy is the opposite of that), I am not worrying about Wimbush. These same buffoons said he was flipping to Stanford 2 months ago, he could've taken an extra class this semester or next and gotten in had he wanted to. If for some reason he bolted, they'd swing for fences and try to flip someone they were involved with earlier or someone committed elsewhere. Johns would be the safe backup should they not get any positive feedback from others. They will take a QB for sure.

Taylor already reached out to our staff, need to check up on his knee though, he has no film this year as he is out with ACL injury. They offered a few others on their MD swing and have Umadi visiting soon.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things, until I hear anything from a credible source (Loy is the opposite of that), I am not worrying about Wimbush. These same buffoons said he was flipping to Stanford 2 months ago, he could've taken an extra class this semester or next and gotten in had he wanted to. If for some reason he bolted, they'd swing for fences and try to flip someone they were involved with earlier or someone committed elsewhere. Johns would be the safe backup should they not get any positive feedback from others. They will take a QB for sure.

Taylor already reached out to our staff, need to check up on his knee though, he has no film this year as he is out with ACL injury. They offered a few others on their MD swing and have Umadi visiting soon.

You're definitely right about the lack of credible information regarding Wimbush. Loy is a moron and I can't trust anything he says. That being said, if he's visiting there has to be some sort of interest. I'm not running around saying that the sky is falling and BW is gone, just being wary.

Taylor and Amadi would both be good pickups for the secondary. I would be happy with either.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're definitely right about the lack of credible information regarding Wimbush. Loy is a moron and I can't trust anything he says. That being said, if he's visiting there has to be some sort of interest. I'm not running around saying that the sky is falling and BW is gone, just being wary.

Taylor and Amadi would both be good pickups for the secondary. I would be happy with either.

They also offered Clemson commit BRiscoe in secondary.

Only 2 people I want to see info from on Wimbush and both are on 24/7 site. Till either of them give me any reason to worry, I won't

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i guess Wimbush's Catholic school coach had more pull than I thought. Head scratcher, kid could've gone to his dream school Stanford but flips to play in the shit hole that is south Bend?? On to the next, swing for fences and fall back of Nick Johns. Curious to see who they zero in on.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i guess Wimbush's Catholic school coach had more pull than I thought. Head scratcher, kid could've gone to his dream school Stanford but flips to play in the shit hole that is south Bend?? On to the next, swing for fences and fall back of Nick Johns. Curious to see who they zero in on.

LBU, I thought you said he was a lock at PSU :pound:. I had him going to Stanford but I guess he saw a better opportunity at ND. Well damn I really liked how we were set at QB for several years after Hack.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU, I thought you said he was a lock at PSU :pound:. I had him going to Stanford but I guess he saw a better opportunity at ND. Well damn I really liked how we were set at QB for several years after Hack.

Said there was nothing credible as of yesterday about him bolting. Apparently the coach and others around him were driving force. He has tougher path to play there, Zaire has 3 years and another 4 star has all 4 years left as he is redshirting.

Many Catholic school coaches shove kids towards ND, hell, the coach was insistent on him taking all visits now he's so happy he is at ND and no mention of other visits. Coach was also upset Minkah couldn't go with him.

Next man up, TOmmy Stevens is an interesting name and a guy who fits what Franklin wants to do. Pull Zembiec, Haskins or McLwain in 2016 class and its all good. Only need 1 QB on field ata time after all....we also have O''Connor nad McSorely and 1-2 more years of Hack so cupboard is not bare

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't be that worried about it. Wimbush would have been nice, but I think we're pretty set at QB at the moment. Still time in the cycle to pick up someone else and if we don't there is interest from big time talent in 2016. And don't forget that O connor was a highly rated recruit from high school as well, he's a talented guy

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said there was nothing credible as of yesterday about him bolting. Apparently the coach and others around him were driving force. He has tougher path to play there, Zaire has 3 years and another 4 star has all 4 years left as he is redshirting.

Many Catholic school coaches shove kids towards ND, hell, the coach was insistent on him taking all visits now he's so happy he is at ND and no mention of other visits. Coach was also upset Minkah couldn't go with him.

Next man up, TOmmy Stevens is an interesting name and a guy who fits what Franklin wants to do. Pull Zembiec, Haskins or McLwain in 2016 class and its all good. Only need 1 QB on field ata time after all....we also have O''Connor nad McSorely and 1-2 more years of Hack so cupboard is not bare

Unfortunately I would think this shuts the door on Minkah though. :lame:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I would think this shuts the door on Minkah though. :lame:

Yeah, I'd say he's more likely to follow Wimbush than to come here. I hope he stays at Bama now. We'll get our's, remember, we were flipping kids left and right down the stretch last year, it happens both ways when you are recruiting at the level Franklin is.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be that worried about it. Wimbush would have been nice, but I think we're pretty set at QB at the moment. Still time in the cycle to pick up someone else and if we don't there is interest from big time talent in 2016. And don't forget that O connor was a highly rated recruit from high school as well, he's a talented guy

McSorely won 3 state titles and was player of year in DMV area as well. HE reminds me a bit of a Drew Brees. If he were a couple inches taller, he would've had every offer out there. Once again, we still have HAck who is a proven commodity, 2 very solid guys in teh wings and a ton of stud 2016 kids in our recruiting wheelhouse.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penn State fan calling South Bend a shit hole is funny, I guess you forgot why you couldn't play in a Bowl game last year. Good luck the rest of the way.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State fan calling South Bend a shit hole is funny, I guess you forgot why you couldn't play in a Bowl game last year. Good luck the rest of the way.

What does one have to do with the other??

Good luck to the kid and good luck to you the rest of the way.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to step away from the ledge chicken little. Hell, we landed Derrick Williams, the #1 player in the nation and Justin King a second 5 star after the single worst game I have ever seen in PSU history, the Iowa 6-4 game. Kids pick schools for atmosphere, coaching staff, a million reasons. The results of a single game rarely have any impact...hell, if anything they probably think they can play earlier.

Franklin flat out told every recruit they may struggle this year and they are on board with his vision of where we will be in 2 years
Yep. I stepped away and Wimbush is gone.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does one have to do with the other??

Good luck to the kid and good luck to you the rest of the way.

A place that always children to be ******ed is much closer to the definition of a shit hole. Overall I think the football program got screwed by the NCAA for a non NCAA matter to me it should have been all in the judicial system.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some kids just like being recruited and Wimbush sounds like one. We have a QB for at least the next 5 years so no need to worry about this kid. Wish him luck and hope to play him one year and show him what he missed.