• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many are going to flip after watching that disaster of a first half?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many are going to flip after watching that disaster of a first half?

You need to step away from the ledge chicken little. Hell, we landed Derrick Williams, the #1 player in the nation and Justin King a second 5 star after the single worst game I have ever seen in PSU history, the Iowa 6-4 game. Kids pick schools for atmosphere, coaching staff, a million reasons. The results of a single game rarely have any impact...hell, if anything they probably think they can play earlier.

Franklin flat out told every recruit they may struggle this year and they are on board with his vision of where we will be in 2 years

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that Whitehead is down to us and West Virginia. I've been hearing some positive things about his visit and am cautiously optimistic that we might see a tweet Friday.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that Whitehead is down to us and West Virginia. I've been hearing some positive things about his visit and am cautiously optimistic that we might see a tweet Friday.

That's been the word for several weeks. OSU still pushing hard, Pitt offering everything including playing both ways, but seems down to those 2. Family definitely wants PSU, so hopefully if its close, he takes their advice

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, some big news floating around on the boards tonight. A certain committed LB is now communicating with PSU and would be a huge get. He's good friends with the DMV crew. We DEFINITELY lead for Settle if he can get his grades in order. Kid is busting his ass and apparently getting his grades where they need to be. Sounds like some big things COULD be brewing with the DMV boys and PSU though........stay tuned

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, some big news floating around on the boards tonight. A certain committed LB is now communicating with PSU and would be a huge get. He's good friends with the DMV crew. We DEFINITELY lead for Settle if he can get his grades in order. Kid is busting his ass and apparently getting his grades where they need to be. Sounds like some big things COULD be brewing with the DMV boys and PSU though........stay tuned

:suds:

Feel free to expand regarding your LB comment!

If Settle doesn't qualify, the staff has a big decision to make as far as signing him and sending him to prep school. Or not.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about and that kid is an animal. Definitely could be the next great LB from LBU.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as a side note, if anyone here is interested in recruiting and doesn't mind paying a little bit to get more connected, Lions 24/7 is doing a special that you get 3 months of access for the price of one. In my opinion 24/7 is the best recruiting service available and constantly has new recruiting info. Here's a link for anyone interested

Get three months for price of one with great new Lions247 offer

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

Feel free to expand regarding your LB comment!

If Settle doesn't qualify, the staff has a big decision to make as far as signing him and sending him to prep school. Or not.

Short answer, Settle tried to commit and staff told him to slow down as it was contigent on him making grades the next 2 quarters. He wasn't mad, it was actually a positive reality check for him to work even harder. VT is only real threat here if his grades are in order

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about and that kid is an animal. Definitely could be the next great LB from LBU.

Yeah, his film is crazy. Has ridiculous closing speed. I think with the Settle now favoring us, so many other DMV kids on board and favoring us, he is liking us more and more.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, his film is crazy. Has ridiculous closing speed. I think with the Settle now favoring us, so many other DMV kids on board and favoring us, he is liking us more and more.

Yeah I have no idea how he's rated so low by 24/7. He's a freak athlete and he destroyed the opening. Should be a higher 4 star if you ask me

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have no idea how he's rated so low by 24/7. He's a freak athlete and he destroyed the opening. Should be a higher 4 star if you ask me

Yeah, he'll get a bump sooner or later

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like things are trending our way as Whitehead announcement draws near

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did tim settle go from DT to LB? And I thought Tenn. was the front runner for him with him having a few connections with Butch Davis

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did tim settle go from DT to LB? And I thought Tenn. was the front runner for him with him having a few connections with Butch Davis

Shaq, not Settle, Settle is 100% DT. Tennessee is not the front runner, its PSU, VT and an outside wildcard of Marshall if he can get in there and not the other 2

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully today is a good day :hope:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimbush visiting ND this weekend, staff was well aware, sound like the HS coach encourages every player to take all their visits. It may benefit us with a visit from Minkah. Also, someone who is def in the know says nothing to worry about....could he be blown away and have second thoughts, yeah, but it would take a LOT....staff has stayed all over him.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehead commits to Pitt.

Good luck to the kid, he'll need it. Shocker, but i guess his main concern is playing immediately and they offer ZERO resistance to that at PITT. He'll regret not going PSU or WVU soon enough. Hell, he'll be getting spun in circles by our offense in 2 years

Would love to have cleaned up top 6 overall in PA, but 7 of 9 will do. Its not exactly our position of great need now either with Reid plus last year's guys. If we can flip a guy like Minkah, so be it, if not, press for the bigtime kids interested in 16 class like LeVonta

Last edited by a moderator: