• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we close on anymore offensive lineman? Or do you think we just take Jenkins, Bates and Gonzalez this class?

We're still in play for Burrell, although we have some ground to make up. If we don't land Burrell, I would expect us to take at least one more OL.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we close on anymore offensive lineman? Or do you think we just take Jenkins, Bates and Gonzalez this class?

WE'll take another OL. Right now they are all in on Burrell, but I'd expect some offers out or some kids already committed elsewhere to visit. Would love to see Hatton get a look, if Hoke gets canned, Newsome is back in play as well

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we in on any real blue chip guys still. Or is Franklin just filling out the rest of the class at this point. Used to really pay attention to this stuff even paying for scout. But it's been years since I followed it daily. Normally I just find out about a new commit by email alert lol. Remember the days of watching press conferences of guys like ALE and being so excited. Silly me :).

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we in on any real blue chip guys still. Or is Franklin just filling out the rest of the class at this point. Used to really pay attention to this stuff even paying for scout. But it's been years since I followed it daily. Normally I just find out about a new commit by email alert lol. Remember the days of watching press conferences of guys like ALE and being so excited. Silly me :).

Yes. Burrell, Settle, Wilkins, DeBerry, Fitzpatrick are all top tier talents that we have a reasonable chance to land, and those are just a few.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Minkah need to be flipped Hoke to be fired to have a shot at him?

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Prince (4 star top 300 OT) is also considering us but I'm thinking he will end up with Maryland

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, we are in on some elite talent. Kelly was a guy they really wanted but the position was full with the limited ships, he has HUGE upside. Bowers is a kid they really liked at camp as well. That said, we are also going after a bunch of 4-5 stars like Settle, DeBerry, Minkah, Burrell and some others. Franklin won't just give out ships to give out ships and we've already hit more grand slams in this class than we have since teh mid 90's

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to hear what everyone would rank Penn State in the country. Currently they are 3-0 but unranked in all polls. I don't see us being ranked until maybe after Michigan game if we handily kick their ass.

So what rank you give them?
I say 40th in the country. Haven't beaten anyone ranked and their wins weren't pretty.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to hear what everyone would rank Penn State in the country. Currently they are 3-0 but unranked in all polls. I don't see us being ranked until maybe after Michigan game if we handily kick their ass.

So what rank you give them?
I say 40th in the country. Haven't beaten anyone ranked and their wins weren't pretty.

Right about where they are in the polls now...35-38 range. Just keep winning and that stuff takes care of itself

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right about where they are in the polls now...35-38 range. Just keep winning and that stuff takes care of itself

My fathers favorite saying is "its not how you start but how you finish". Its not what the ranking is during the season but your ranking is at the end of the season.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fathers favorite saying is "its not how you start but how you finish". Its not what the ranking is during the season but your ranking is at the end of the season.

Preseason rankings are pointless. First poll should be 1st week of October.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27th in AP and Coaches

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27th in AP and Coaches

It's going to take time for us to get into the Top 25. Voters are hesitant to vote for us. We get the ESPN bias and I don't see us cracking the Top 25 until we are 6-0 and there are teams that are 4-2 and basically we force our way in.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take time for us to get into the Top 25. Voters are hesitant to vote for us. We get the ESPN bias and I don't see us cracking the Top 25 until we are 6-0 and there are teams that are 4-2 and basically we force our way in.

If we beat NW next week we'll be in there.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to disagree, beating a 1-2 team won't bump us into the rankings without alot of the teams in the 20-25 range losing their matchups.

:agree: plus voters are hesitant to vote for us.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to disagree, beating a 1-2 team won't bump us into the rankings without alot of the teams in the 20-25 range losing their matchups.

If they win impressively, they will most likely get in. They'll want to start generating hype for the OSU game in the event PSU is 6-0, so TV will start pumping them up and voters are like sheep who will do what TV tells them.

You also need some teams to lose or play poorly so they drop as well

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling Jenkins is set to enroll early now, which is huge news. Kid has a very high ceiling but is still pretty raw. The extra semester of coaching and practice will be extremely beneficial to him