• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year?? I'd say another OL is a certainty, most likely a guy who can play both OT/OG, LB would have to be the right guy like a Deberry type player. No way in hell they go after a kicker with scholarship, they took 4 or 5 walk ons, a couple high quality this past season.

I think we get:

at least one CB, maybe 2 if Minkah and Whitehead both want in
an OL or 2
Best player on board after that, could even see them going after a TE
A DL like Settle or a top flight DE is a possibility as well

LinebackerU you can screw up a wet dream :L What positions do you think still needs to be addressed? I never said with a scholarship but "Not who you think will commit next but holes or depth you like to see be addressed".

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LinebackerU you can screw up a wet dream :L What positions do you think still needs to be addressed? I never said with a scholarship but "Not who you think will commit next but holes or depth you like to see be addressed".

OL, LB, DL in that order. Really need to build the OL/DL depth. Kicker is least of my worries, we have plenty on campus now for competition.

LOL, if you were going to address them, how were you doing that with no scholarships?? Wasn't even saying who will commit next, just what positions we fill class out with

Last edited by a moderator:

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, 1 OL, 1 DL and 1 DB and I think we're good in "needs met". Then best available with high-ranking studs. Take all high ranking kids willing to come. I have no problem saving slots for 2016 to look for an early entry kid rather than redshirting a 3* from the 2015 class. Balancing the classes would be a good idea in the long run rather than 25(+) in one class and 17 the next.

The shift to the 4-2-5, plus Reeder & Cabinda coming in game-ready physically took some of the pressure off the LB depth.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, 1 OL, 1 DL and 1 DB and I think we're good in "needs met". Then best available with high-ranking studs. Take all high ranking kids willing to come. I have no problem saving slots for 2016 to look for an early entry kid rather than redshirting a 3* from the 2015 class. Balancing the classes would be a good idea in the long run rather than 25(+) in one class and 17 the next.

The shift to the 4-2-5, plus Reeder & Cabinda coming in game-ready physically took some of the pressure off the LB depth.

No way we don't take full allotment. We need depth and we need it now.Classes will balance out when we are back to full roster again, especially with RS's and kids who transfer/normal attrition. Farmer is the one who will probably get the most early PT at the OLB/hybrid position. Cabinda may look ready physically, but don't think he's anywhere close otherwise yet. Reeder could see some PT early on as well.

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too concerned at all about depth if they get in the 80+ scholarship range.

To clarify, a high-ranking 2016 EE is preferable to me than a less ready-2015 guy just taken to fill spots (but redshirts). Neither is available next season but the high-ceiling kid would provide more long-term benefit than a little 2015 emergency depth.

But I definitely take any 90+ composite guy in 2015 that wants to jump on board. You don't say no to any of the top remaining targets.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too concerned at all about depth if they get in the 80+ scholarship range.

To clarify, a high-ranking 2016 EE is preferable to me than a less ready-2015 guy just taken to fill spots (but redshirts). Neither is available next season but the high-ceiling kid would provide more long-term benefit than a little 2015 emergency depth.

But I definitely take any 90+ composite guy in 2015 that wants to jump on board. You don't say no to any of the top remaining targets.

They aren't involved with any recruits who would be spot fillers, they are dialed in on big time kids right now, so that is of no concern to me. They can really focus on these last 3-6 players and have the rest of the class help recruit with them, which is a big bonus

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're trending with Wilkins. Things were always looking good with him but now they're looking very good.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're trending with Wilkins. Things were always looking good with him but now they're looking very good.[/

Wilkins and some 2016 kids looking very good. If we get those ships back in the next couple weeks, look for them to take a run at a couple committed kids as well, possibly hatton who is committed to UNC

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More smoke around Minkah as well......................:suds::suds::yahoo::yahoo::clap:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're trending with Wilkins. Things were always looking good with him but now they're looking very good.[/

Wilkins and some 2016 kids looking very good. If we get those ships back in the next couple weeks, look for them to take a run at a couple committed kids as well, possibly hatton who is committed to UNC

Did you see Bobby Bowden comments how he would like to see Paterno's wins restored? I don't see it happening unless some for people speak up. What would you rather see happen.

1. Paterno's win total restored
2. Able to play in Bowl Game this year
3. Our scholarships restored this year

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Bobby Bowden comments how he would like to see Paterno's wins restored? I don't see it happening unless some for people speak up. What would you rather see happen.

Having the schollys restored, and it's not even close for me. We're in on some big time talent and the current limitations may hinder us slightly. Restoring the win total would be nice, but I don't see that happening any time soon anyways and bowls this year aren't important to me. It would be nice, but realistically we would be playing in some mid tier bowl that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the schollys restored, and it's not even close for me. We're in on some big time talent and the current limitations may hinder us slightly. Restoring the win total would be nice, but I don't see that happening any time soon anyways and bowls this year aren't important to me. It would be nice, but realistically we would be playing in some mid tier bowl that doesn't mean a whole lot.

My order 1) restore wins just because other sanctions will return shortly 2) I agree having those extra scholarships would be awesome with the top recruits we are looking at 3) Restoring the bowl ban. We basically had our bowl game this year by going to Ireland with a WIN so waiting another year (believe that's when we get it back) wont hurt that much.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scholarships, and there is no doubt about it if you want PSU to get back into elite status. Bowl would be nice for seniors, no way we serve all 4 years, so if we don't get one this year and do get ships back its a much bigger win for program, especially with a guy like Franklin.

Agree on your point about Ireland already being like a bowl this year, the 15 extyra practices would be the only negative of no bowl

Wins will be brought back in court with Paterno vs PSU/NCAA.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we may be in the lead for Tim Settle.....could the #DynamicTrio be heading to happy valley??

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we may be in the lead for Tim Settle.....could the #DynamicTrio be heading to happy valley??

Obviously it's better to be at the top of his list than the bottom, but I don't think his recruitment is anywhere close to done. He's named about 5 different leaders in the last few months. Like I said, it's better to be on top than at the bottom, but I wouldn't look to much into anything he says at this point

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it's better to be at the top of his list than the bottom, but I don't think his recruitment is anywhere close to done. He's named about 5 different leaders in the last few months. Like I said, it's better to be on top than at the bottom, but I wouldn't look to much into anything he says at this point

I think he's more likely to get counted in the 2016 class after a year of prep either way, which is why I'd love to land him and Wilkins.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's more likely to get counted in the 2016 class after a year of prep either way, which is why I'd love to land him and Wilkins.

Yeah, I think the chances of him eneolling with 2015 are slim to none.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the chances of him eneolling with 2015 are slim to none.

unless something changes in a fairly big way, I agree. I'm fine with McLean, Wilkins and Carter at DT and add Settle to next class

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless something changes in a fairly big way, I agree. I'm fine with McLean, Wilkins and Carter at DT and add Settle to next class

Yeah that's definitely a good trio in the middle. I haven't heard anything about Carter moving inside though, I thought he was going to play DE. Is the plan for him to play DT?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's definitely a good trio in the middle. I haven't heard anything about Carter moving inside though, I thought he was going to play DE. Is the plan for him to play DT?

yeah, he's projected to grow into a DT