• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit on John Reid. I thought he'd be a Lion, but he moved his timeline WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY up. This kid is a stud at a position of need, now close on Whitehead or Flip Minkah and we have a pair of lockdown CB's to go with the superb athletes from this class. Haley looks like he may be the real deal as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit on John Reid. I thought he'd be a Lion, but he moved his timeline WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY up. This kid is a stud at a position of need, now close on Whitehead or Flip Minkah and we have a pair of lockdown CB's to go with the superb athletes from this class. Haley looks like he may be the real deal as well

I wonder if he was trying to commit before others because he didn't want his scholarship pulled if Minkah flips.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he was trying to commit before others because he didn't want his scholarship pulled if Minkah flips.

They'd find a way to take all 3 if they could land them. think it had a lot more to do with him and Shoop really clicking on his last visit

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd find a way to take all 3 if they could land them. think it had a lot more to do with him and Shoop really clicking on his last visit

How many scholarships do we have this year to give?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minkah expected to accompany Wimbush to Happy Valley today:suds::omg::yahoo:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid properly already new. Are secondary will be awesome.

Also aplies some bigtime pressure to Whitehead. Apparently staff feels they have a VERY legit shot with Minkah. He has started following a bunch of PSU people on twitter lately and Me. McLean has been communicating with him regularly

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god this staff is sick. Very good vibe on Minkah coming off this weekend's visit. If they flip a 5 star Alabama commit, that will send a statement to the nation, not just the B1G.:omg::omg:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god this staff is sick. Very good vibe on Minkah coming off this weekend's visit. If they flip a 5 star Alabama commit, that will send a statement to the nation, not just the B1G.:omg::omg:

The Bama part is key to it all. Flipping a recruit is everyday news but taking one away from Saban now that should scare all the coaches in the country. Dear God what can Franklin do when the sanctions are over. :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bama part is key to it all. Flipping a recruit is everyday news but taking one away from Saban now that should scare all the coaches in the country. Dear God what can Franklin do when the sanctions are over. :suds:

We should know very soon:clap:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flipping Minkah would really put a stamp on our dominance in New Jersey, which would further irritate the Rutgers fans. Also could possibly give us inroads on some of the 2016 big fish coming out of there like Gary and Walker

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipping Minkah would really put a stamp on our dominance in New Jersey, which would further irritate the Rutgers fans. Also could possibly give us inroads on some of the 2016 big fish coming out of there like Gary and Walker

We already have inroads with those players. Walker and Sanders in same class followed up by Swift would be obscene amount of talent in backfield. Gary has liked us for a while and Franklin + the absolutely contagious enthusiasm of the staff and recruits is helping even more

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have inroads with those players. Walker and Sanders in same class followed up by Swift would be obscene amount of talent in backfield. Gary has liked us for a while and Franklin + the absolutely contagious enthusiasm of the staff and recruits is helping even more

I know that Walker and Gary are both already high on us, but having some of the older NJ kids in their ears can't hurt.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Walker and Gary are both already high on us, but having some of the older NJ kids in their ears can't hurt.

They know all the MD kids from the camp circuit as well. I'm sure McLean is encouraging Gary to come play beside him

Also, many insiders chiming in with very positive vibes on Minkah. Apparently the family was on his visit as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, Minkah no longer has Alabama Commit on his twitter page:clap:

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipping Minkah would give us an almost sweep of top NJ talent. Him choosing us, specifically over Bama, would give something for the 2016 NJ 5-stars to think about considering Alabama is after both of them.

I think it is really important for those 2016 kids. Otherwise, I like Whitehead as much. Minkah is very talented but not a freak like Jabrill Peppers.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipping Minkah would give us an almost sweep of top NJ talent. Him choosing us, specifically over Bama, would give something for the 2016 NJ 5-stars to think about considering Alabama is after both of them.

I think it is really important for those 2016 kids. Otherwise, I like Whitehead as much. Minkah is very talented but not a freak like Jabrill Peppers.

If this staff were in place at this time last year, I have little doubt Peppers is a Lion now. i also don't think Minkah is very far off from Jabril, kid is a great all around athlete

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What positions does everyone else still need to be addressed? Not who you think will commit next but holes or depth you like to see be addressed.

My top 3
1. LB
2. OG
3. K (Unless people see Julius or someone else taking over for next 4yrs)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What positions does everyone else still need to be addressed? Not who you think will commit next but holes or depth you like to see be addressed.

My top 3
1. LB
2. OG
3. K (Unless people see Julius or someone else taking over for next 4yrs)

This year?? I'd say another OL is a certainty, most likely a guy who can play both OT/OG, LB would have to be the right guy like a Deberry type player. No way in hell they go after a kicker with scholarship, they took 4 or 5 walk ons, a couple high quality this past season.

I think we get:

at least one CB, maybe 2 if Minkah and Whitehead both want in
an OL or 2
Best player on board after that, could even see them going after a TE
A DL like Settle or a top flight DE is a possibility as well