• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One PA top kids for 2016 class, Miles Sanders of traditional WPIAL powerhouse Woodland Hills, making his 5th visit for another camp this weekend. If the 16 class ready to pop the cork??:suds:

Sanders would be a great start to the class as well. He's a very talented back

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo, saw some smoke about Wimbush and Stanford. I don't know the whole story but knew you all had an active page so figured I would pass it along. It was on 247, but I don't remember the author. Maybe Simmons?

Sorry if this is old news. I didn't read through the whole thread. :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo, saw some smoke about Wimbush and Stanford. I don't know the whole story but knew you all had an active page so figured I would pass it along. It was on 247, but I don't remember the author. Maybe Simmons?

Wimbush loves PSU but mom really likes the idea of a Stanford education. Mom is a PSU grad but hard to blame her a Stanford degree is hard to beat

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW sounds like PSU may be on brink of another recruiting hot streak

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Simmons posted an article explaining why he was changing his crystal ball. There are a couple people the feel like he is going to flip.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sanders and Charles both committed this morning. Wouldn't surprise me if Christian Wilkins hops on board this weekend as well. Settle and DeBerry are also visiting together. I feel a lot better about our chances with Settle, honestly I think I might like our chances better with him than Burrell at this point

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sanders and Charles both committed this morning. Wouldn't surprise me if Christian Wilkins hops on board this weekend as well. Settle and DeBerry are also visiting together. I feel a lot better about our chances with Settle, honestly I think I might like our chances better with him than Burrell at this point

Sanders is HUGE commit for us. Landed top WPIAL player back to back and gets us back into Woody Hills. Kid is an amazing athlete and can motion into the slot run solid routes as well as tear it up from the backfield.

Guess the question of Irvin Charles being a take or not was answered. I have little doubt Franklin knows something about the full slate of ships coming back the way he's recruiting.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day for PSU football. Time to start the 2016 thread! The WPIAL is huge for PSU. It is the best conference in the state and because it is in state, dominating that region is sustainable. Maintain good relationships with the coaches there and PSU should always be a favorite even after a couple down years or some day when Franklin isn't around and perhaps we have a staff with less recruiting ability. We are Penn State and we should always be the early favorite for any PA kid.

That said, what do we know about 2016 CB Damar Hamlin from Pittsburgh? Highly rated but offers from only Temple and Pittsburgh.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day for PSU football. Time to start the 2016 thread! The WPIAL is huge for PSU. It is the best conference in the state and because it is in state, dominating that region is sustainable. Maintain good relationships with the coaches there and PSU should always be a favorite even after a couple down years or some day when Franklin isn't around and perhaps we have a staff with less recruiting ability. We are Penn State and we should always be the early favorite for any PA kid.

That said, what do we know about 2016 CB Damar Hamlin from Pittsburgh? Highly rated but offers from only Temple and Pittsburgh.

Hamlin picked up a PSU offer today. He's definitely one to watch

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to remember, he hasn't even started his junior season yet. He is getting a lot of interest from the big boys and will be a pretty high end recruit with a nice offer list this time next year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Simmons posted an article explaining why he was changing his crystal ball. There are a couple people the feel like he is going to flip.

sounds like our class is doing a great job on Wimbush. He's certainly interested because of the degree, but he loves this class, Franklin and sees where this program is going. If he were to flip, it would be strictly an academic decision and its hard o fault anyone for taking Stanford up on a free degree....I think he sticks and the bond this class has is big reason why......while PSU degree is not a Stanford degree, he'll have plenty of opportunities with the PSU degree as well

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are back in the DeBerry race

Rick DeBerry @TheFranchize__
Follow
Penn State was great!!!! I loved it! I WILL BE BACK #WeAre
2:38 PM - 20 Jul 2014

Update, Deberry says we are definitely back in the mix now and we are recruiting him as an LB/DE hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLean tweeting that's he bringing one of his boys to Happy Valley and he's going to be part of the family soon. Says it's someone you wouldn't expect.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLean tweeting that's he bringing one of his boys to Happy Valley and he's going to be part of the family soon. Says it's someone you wouldn't expect.

Hopefully DeBerry or a 2016 kid like Haskins or Diggs

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there that PSU has recently been in contact with Patrick Allen and he's from Maryland. Maybe that's who McLean was talking about.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there that PSU has recently been in contact with Patrick Allen and he's from Maryland. Maybe that's who McLean was talking about.

That would be nice. Great offer list for a 3 star, but would probably mean Burrell is def out

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice. Great offer list for a 3 star, but would probably mean Burrell is def out

I know Burrell is planning on announcing on Signing Day, and that's a long way out and anything can happen, but I don't really like our chances with him as much as I did. He seems like an OSU lean to me.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another positive note, sounds like Whitehead is visiting PSU the weekend before he decides for our game. Supposed to be at another game earlier as well.