• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes me feel better about where we stand with Matt Burrell.

Matthew Burrell talks Penn State, official visits (video) - Video | PennLive.com

I think heading into The Opening all four of our guys had made him and Settle their main recruiting targets. Based on what I've heard from both, it sounds like they've done a pretty good job. I think we have a better shot at both of them now than we did, but I would still consider both wide open and non committed anytime soon.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that he mentions his mom. Joe always said that if you can win the parents you have the kid

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so now in 1 day, Settle says he's dropped his top 15 and is considering everyone to naming a top 3 with us in it, LOL. Would love to land him, hopefully its a good indicator that Burrell may now be leaning our way.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so now in 1 day, Settle says he's dropped his top 15 and is considering everyone to naming a top 3 with us in it, LOL. Would love to land him, hopefully its a good indicator that Burrell may now be leaning our way.

It's obviously great that we're in that group if 3, but Settle has said so many different things, it's hard to take anything he says seriously. But having him and McLeanwould definitely help with Burrell

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously great that we're in that group if 3, but Settle has said so many different things, it's hard to take anything he says seriously. But having him and McLeanwould definitely help with Burrell

From the sound of things, whoever gets Settle may not see him for another year...sounds like prep may be needed,which would explain why we would take commits from both he and Wilkins

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of things, whoever gets Settle may not see him for another year...sounds like prep may be needed,which would explain why we would take commits from both he and Wilkins

I knew there were some grade issues with Settle, didn't know they were that bad lol. But yeah Wilkins would be a great get it Settle does need prep school. Also, do you know if/when Cornell has his visit planned. I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew there were some grade issues with Settle, didn't know they were that bad lol. But yeah Wilkins would be a great get it Settle does need prep school. Also, do you know if/when Cornell has his visit planned. I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Cornell has already committed to OSU so unsure if he still visits PSU.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

haha yeah I know he commited to OSU but I could have sworn that I heard he still had a PSU visit planned.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he had said he was still visiting later this month no matter who he committed to a few days before he announced He could not come the weekend before he announced because it was the start of 14 day dead period which is up next week I believe.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone worried about Wimbush de-committing because of playing time? I worry he wont want to wait 2 years to play after waiting on Hack then competing with O'Conner. Heard he is still looking at other schools after pledging to PSU.

If he were to ever decommit, it would not be playing time, it would be the prestige of a Stanford degree, no other school worries me in the slightest, and Stanford doesn't much, but its the only one rto keep an eye on

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Irvin Charles may be next up........:suds:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, I'm guessing they know a little more than we do about schollies coming back possibly next month.

Well Charles is definitely talented. I think some sites have him underrated as a three star. Definitely does not have a 3 star's offer sheet. Would be great to add him to the program, imagine him lining up with Johnson and Blacknall, all three of those guys are over 6'2 would be pretty scary.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Charles is definitely talented. I think some sites have him underrated as a three star. Definitely does not have a 3 star's offer sheet. Would be great to add him to the program, imagine him lining up with Johnson and Blacknall, all three of those guys are over 6'2 would be pretty scary.

He could even grow into an H-back/flex TE player and be a matchup nightmare.

Also, big news, Ricky DeBerry taking a 2 day visit next weekend after visiting Miami this Monday

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could even grow into an H-back/flex TE player and be a matchup nightmare.

Also, big news, Ricky DeBerry taking a 2 day visit next weekend after visiting Miami this Monday

Just saw the DeBerry news. That's huge, kid is a stud LB. Heard some stuff about interest in PSU a while back, but never heard anything again so I assumed it was dead, apparently not. He's also tight with Settle if I remeber correctly.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the DeBerry news. That's huge, kid is a stud LB. Heard some stuff about interest in PSU a while back, but never heard anything again so I assumed it was dead, apparently not. He's also tight with Settle if I remeber correctly.

Pretty sure his mom went there. He did an interview decked out in PSU gear a couple months ago

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure his mom went there. He did an interview decked out in PSU gear a couple months ago

He released a list of 20 schools at the end of March and we weren't on it, I guess he had a change of heart. Either way, getting a visit is huge, and he's a stud.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One PA top kids for 2016 class, Miles Sanders of traditional WPIAL powerhouse Woodland Hills, making his 5th visit for another camp this weekend. If the 16 class ready to pop the cork??:suds: