• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsome to Michigan, well taht blows. Next man up, but I liked this kid, he'll be a good one.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsome to Michigan, well taht blows. Next man up, but I liked this kid, he'll be a good one.

Wish we could have got him, but I guess you can't win them all. Not like we don't have a good group of OL committed anyways.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathon Holland gets a huge bump and a 4th star from latest ESPN 300 update

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bowen is on board. Nice get, he's probably due for a big ratings bump.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowen is a 4 star OLB according to Scouts.com. 3-4 star no matter what I like what he can bring to Penn State.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowen is a 4 star OLB according to Scouts.com. 3-4 star no matter what I like what he can bring to Penn State.

I don't give a damn if he's a 1 star, his offer sheet speaks volumes on his talent. HUGE pickup for PSU right there.:suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a damn if he's a 1 star, his offer sheet speaks volumes on his talent. HUGE pickup for PSU right there.:suds:

AMEN. The dude turned down Bama, ND, all Big Ten schools, etc etc and Franklin landed him. This staff keeps impressing. Cant wait to see all this talent on the field.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMEN. The dude turned down Bama, ND, all Big Ten schools, etc etc and Franklin landed him. This staff keeps impressing. Cant wait to see all this talent on the field.

He has a very high ceiling, just had to make sure his grades were in order before pushing for a commit. Kid could end up being real monster in college, his film is very impressive

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see anyone else committing this weekend?

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've asked a similar question before, but now that the class is starting to fill out some more and there's not really much else to talk about right now. Anyways, what recruits would you realistically like to see us get to fill up the class? We're at 17 right now, and with the recent transfers and such it looks like we will indeed be able to take the full 25. So guys who would you like to pick up?

Personally I'd like to see these guys (no particular order):

1) John Reid
2) Jordan Whitehead
3) Tim Settle
4) Christian Wilkins
5) Matt Burrell
6) Josh Smith (Darrin Kirkland would work here as well, but I don't think he flips)
7) Jashon Cornell
8) Jerome Baker (don't know if he's a take anymore, but he's incredibly talented and a guy I think you make exceptions for) if Baker isn't a take, I guess Josh Adams

What do you guys think?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've asked a similar question before, but now that the class is starting to fill out some more and there's not really much else to talk about right now. Anyways, what recruits would you realistically like to see us get to fill up the class? We're at 17 right now, and with the recent transfers and such it looks like we will indeed be able to take the full 25. So guys who would you like to pick up?

Personally I'd like to see these guys (no particular order):

1) John Reid
2) Jordan Whitehead
3) Tim Settle
4) Christian Wilkins
5) Matt Burrell
6) Josh Smith (Darrin Kirkland would work here as well, but I don't think he flips)
7) Jashon Cornell
8) Jerome Baker (don't know if he's a take anymore, but he's incredibly talented and a guy I think you make exceptions for) if Baker isn't a take, I guess Josh Adams

What do you guys think?

I'd love to see that list, but don't think we get all those guys. Cornell visiting this weekend, we'll know more on him. We'll only take 1 more DT, think we land one of Whitehead/Reid, Burrell so hard to read, think he's OSU lean, need Baker to come to a big game with electric atmosphere. I think We flip DaQuan Kelly from wherever he commits this weekend and possibly flip Tommy Hatton, could see Ude ending up here as well. So long to go, we'll end up hearing some names not on radar yet.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see that list, but don't think we get all those guys. Cornell visiting this weekend, we'll know more on him. We'll only take 1 more DT, think we land one of Whitehead/Reid, Burrell so hard to read, think he's OSU lean, need Baker to come to a big game with electric atmosphere. I think We flip DaQuan Kelly from wherever he commits this weekend and possibly flip Tommy Hatton, could see Ude ending up here as well. So long to go, we'll end up hearing some names not on radar yet.

You're right, that list is definitely optimistic. Would be awesome UC we could land all those names but I doubt we do

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Gonzales doing a Q/A on twitter seems very confident that Wilkins and Reid are on board sooner than later.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Gonzales doing a Q/A on twitter seems very confident that Wilkins and Reid are on board sooner than later.

That's good to hear. Also, I know McLean gets a lot of love for being a big recruiter for us down in the DMV, and it's well deserved, but I think Gonzalez does a lot of the same stuff in NJ. I think he's an underrated recruiter, he's also a great kid and a great ambassador for the program. Not a bad football player either lol, I can't wait to see him in blue and white.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good to hear. Also, I know McLean gets a lot of love for being a big recruiter for us down in the DMV, and it's well deserved, but I think Gonzalez does a lot of the same stuff in NJ. I think he's an underrated recruiter, he's also a great kid and a great ambassador for the program. Not a bad football player either lol, I can't wait to see him in blue and white.

I think every kid in this class works at it for us. Barkley, Bates and Jenkins are usually mentioned by recruits as well.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jashon Cornell announcing Wednesday. I know he was planning on coming to the BBQ but had to back out, heard he was rescheduling but not sure if he ever made it. Unfortunately I think him and Hilliard are OSU

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jashon Cornell announcing Wednesday. I know he was planning on coming to the BBQ but had to back out, heard he was rescheduling but not sure if he ever made it. Unfortunately I think him and Hilliard are OSU

Damn.

Ohio State has been looking forward to Wednesday for quite some time because that's when four-star linebacker Justin Hilliard of Cincinnati St. Xavier is announcing his college decision.
It's a big day for Ohio State, but it just got even bigger.
That's because four-star defensive end Jashon Cornell of St. Paul (Minn.) Cretin-Derham Hall will now also announce his decision that day at 10 a.m., the same exact time as Hilliard.
Could they be a package deal?
The two prospects clearly have a friendship, and when Hilliard initially announced that he would be making his college decision, he said he wanted to bring a group of top prospects with him to wherever he goes.
One of those prospects was Cornell, Rivals.com's No. 6 strongside defensive end in the 2015 recruiting class.
A 6-foot-2, 261-pound prospect, Cornell racked up more than 30 scholarship offers, but he'll choose between Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State.