• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.

Ohio State has been looking forward to Wednesday for quite some time because that's when four-star linebacker Justin Hilliard of Cincinnati St. Xavier is announcing his college decision.
It's a big day for Ohio State, but it just got even bigger.
That's because four-star defensive end Jashon Cornell of St. Paul (Minn.) Cretin-Derham Hall will now also announce his decision that day at 10 a.m., the same exact time as Hilliard.
Could they be a package deal?
The two prospects clearly have a friendship, and when Hilliard initially announced that he would be making his college decision, he said he wanted to bring a group of top prospects with him to wherever he goes.
One of those prospects was Cornell, Rivals.com's No. 6 strongside defensive end in the 2015 recruiting class.
A 6-foot-2, 261-pound prospect, Cornell racked up more than 30 scholarship offers, but he'll choose between Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State.

yeah, then Corenell is set to visit PSU as soon as the dead period is over, which everyone still expects him to make. Don't think Cornell's recruitment is anywhere close to over despite any commitment this week.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.

Ohio State has been looking forward to Wednesday for quite some time because that's when four-star linebacker Justin Hilliard of Cincinnati St. Xavier is announcing his college decision.
It's a big day for Ohio State, but it just got even bigger.
That's because four-star defensive end Jashon Cornell of St. Paul (Minn.) Cretin-Derham Hall will now also announce his decision that day at 10 a.m., the same exact time as Hilliard.
Could they be a package deal?
The two prospects clearly have a friendship, and when Hilliard initially announced that he would be making his college decision, he said he wanted to bring a group of top prospects with him to wherever he goes.
One of those prospects was Cornell, Rivals.com's No. 6 strongside defensive end in the 2015 recruiting class.
A 6-foot-2, 261-pound prospect, Cornell racked up more than 30 scholarship offers, but he'll choose between Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State.

Yeah it lists us as an option, but honestly it's between ND and OSU

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Josh Smith. Announcing at The Opening this week and we're among his finalists. Personally I think Vandy is the team to beat with him, but anything is possible.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Josh Smith. Announcing at The Opening this week and we're among his finalists. Personally I think Vandy is the team to beat with him, but anything is possible.

Never visited, his bro is at Vandy, he's from Tennessee, would be nice, but I think we are done at LB for now.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone worried about Wimbush de-committing because of playing time? I worry he wont want to wait 2 years to play after waiting on Hack then competing with O'Conner. Heard he is still looking at other schools after pledging to PSU.

Not at all, he's said repeatedly he's 100% locked in to PSU. He went to a camp at Stanford because it was paid for prior to his commit to PSU and he could not get a refund on the camp or the airfare. It was cleared with the staff. He was offered when there and people ran wild with it, he was at the BBQ a couple days later and has said nothing other than he is 100% committed to PSU since. If he goes anywhere big, there will be competition, nobody is guaranteed a spot. If Hack goes pro after 3, he's competing for starting job as a RS Freshman.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, he's said repeatedly he's 100% locked in to PSU. He went to a camp at Stanford because it was paid for prior to his commit to PSU and he could not get a refund on the camp or the airfare. It was cleared with the staff. He was offered when there and people ran wild with it, he was at the BBQ a couple days later and has said nothing other than he is 100% committed to PSU since. If he goes anywhere big, there will be competition, nobody is guaranteed a spot. If Hack goes pro after 3, he's competing for starting job as a RS Freshman.

O'Brien also said he was 100% committed to PSU and you also believed him. A lot can change in 7 months plus he will always have competition where ever he goes but properly not as tough as Hack. I hope he stays but like we discussed in the past I am the glass half empty and your half full kind of guy.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien also said he was 100% committed to PSU and you also believed him. A lot can change in 7 months plus he will always have competition where ever he goes but properly not as tough as Hack. I hope he stays but like we discussed in the past I am the glass half empty and your half full kind of guy.

Brandon Wimbush isn't getting a ridiculous 7mil per year offer from anyone like BOB did either.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Wimbush isn't getting a ridiculous 7mil per year offer from anyone like BOB did either.

If he signs some autographs at OSU he might :laugh3:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he signs some autographs at OSU he might :laugh3:

Ture or deal heroin like the kid who just got suspended:omg: Only real threat was Stanford, kid is very smart and knows the value of a Stanford degree, but he can get what he wants at PSU and be closer to family

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes to Stanford but only time will tell.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, you are definitely the gloom and doom type. Don't see any reason why you'd possibly think that he'd end up at Stanford, PSU is going to have a monster class around him (especially OL and skill guys from this class and last) and he will be able to play early. You need to understand that this is a whole different breed of staff we have recruiting now, we'll be more likely to poach guys late than lose them. Before you bring up Barajas, it was more stunning he picked us in first place because his school is an ND feeder and coach is very pro ND and definitely had big influence on the switch, no such problem with any of our current guys.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's a quote from him yesterday

"I'm in love with the school and everything that it has to offer for me so I feel good," Wimbush said. "[Penn State] doesn't have to work at all [to keep me committed]. I gave them my commitment and it is what it is."

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford just signed a 5 star QB last cycle. Just as much competition over there.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cut is awesome. Sucks that his hamstring isn't cooperating with him though, was really looking forward to watching him

Glad it only ended up as a pull. Initial word was that he tore it