• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this effect out scholarships? Are we still suppose to be getting any back and are they still thinking of uplifting the bowl bans?

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing lately that the staff is currently working with 20 scholarships for this cycle. Obviously this could change, but it's 20 as of now from what I've heard.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing lately that the staff is currently working with 20 scholarships for this cycle. Obviously this could change, but it's 20 as of now from what I've heard.

We'll be taking 23-25, mark it down.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be taking 23-25, mark it down.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. One of the things I've heard about that 20 scholly thing is that's the number they aim to have filled going into home stretch around signing day. That scenario seems plausible, assuming you can get to ~20, you can leave a few schollys available for some of the big fish that take it to the end.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a softball game at 8, hoping he pulls trigger before it starts:clap:

Haha I have an exam tomorrow that I need to study for, but I can't focus at the moment with the Wimbush announcement looming :lol:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Wimbush pledges to PSU
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ]Ice Cube - Today Was A Good Day - YouTube[/ame]

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Wimbush commits, we will be up to 15 commits for 2015. I think the rest of the class will fill out something like this

QB: If Wimbush commits, we're done

RB: done

WR: many think we're done here but some possibilities are Irvin Charles, I heard the staff is still talking to Alex Ofodile, Van Jefferson still says he wants to visit. May take one or none of these

OL: Burrell and Newsome are the two biggest targets IMO. If we get both of them, we're done, otherwise, Austin Clark, Tyler Carr, Isiah Prince, and Josh Wariboko can be considered targets, but we would have ground to make up on all of them.

TE: doubt we take one unless a big time kid shows interest

DL: Settle is obviously still a target, I've heard we're in good standing with Christian Wilkins but most things written about him are guesses since he doesn't talk much. Trent Thompson is still talking about us, obviously a longshot, but if he gets on campus anything is possible. Many think we're done at DE unless a big guy like Cornell or Sweat want to come aboard.

LB: I think we're definitely done inside. Outisde, I think Bowen is a big target, although I have heard there are some academic concerns there. Jerome Baker has taken a lot of different visits down south and has apparently like them a lot, so chances don't look as good there anymore. Might be a long shot, but if Settle comes, I've heard noise about him and Ricky DeBerry wanting to play together. Not sure if it's true, or if either side has interest in the other. Definitely a longshot.

CB: Reid and Whitehead are probably the top two overall targets after Wimbush commits. Ashton White is probably a plan B if we whiff on one or both of them.

S: Monroe is probably going to come aboard at some point. Myles Hartsfield or Daiquan Kelly might be considered plan B.

ATH: Some think Josh Adams may have lost his spot in this class for dragging his feet, but I doubt anyone knows for certain.

All of this is just some food for thought. Would like to hear what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SaQuon Barkley also just picked up an invitation to The Opening. A pretty prestigious prospect camp at the NIKE HQ in Oregon. He might be in line for a bump in grade here soon.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for three in a row, but WIMBUSH!:suds::yahoo:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice pick ups today. We Are...Dominating

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know. Penn State has the same amount of commits (15) then OSU (2), Wisconsin (4), Michigan (5), and Michigan St (4) combined.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know. Penn State has the same amount of commits (15) then OSU (2), Wisconsin (4), Michigan (5), and Michigan St (4) combined.

PSU has 11 4 star commits, the rest of B1G combined has 13 total:omg: