• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Wimbush commits, we will be up to 15 commits for 2015. I think the rest of the class will fill out something like this

QB: If Wimbush commits, we're done

Agree

RB: done

Agree

WR: many think we're done here but some possibilities are Irvin Charles, I heard the staff is still talking to Alex Ofodile, Van Jefferson still says he wants to visit. May take one or none of these

if Irvin Charles grades are good enough or a bigtime guy shows interest MAYBE one more

OL: Burrell and Newsome are the two biggest targets IMO. If we get both of them, we're done, otherwise, Austin Clark, Tyler Carr, Isiah Prince, and Josh Wariboko can be considered targets, but we would have ground to make up on all of them.

I think Burrell and Newsome end up Lions and round it out on OL

TE: doubt we take one unless a big time kid shows interest

They are sure bringing quite a few in for visits, I'd stay away unless its a bigtime kid

DL: Settle is obviously still a target, I've heard we're in good standing with Christian Wilkins but most things written about him are guesses since he doesn't talk much. Trent Thompson is still talking about us, obviously a longshot, but if he gets on campus anything is possible. Many think we're done at DE unless a big guy like Cornell or Sweat want to come aboard.

Settles and Wilkins are main targets and we'll shoot for stars i we take another DE

LB: I think we're definitely done inside. Outisde, I think Bowen is a big target, although I have heard there are some academic concerns there. Jerome Baker has taken a lot of different visits down south and has apparently like them a lot, so chances don't look as good there anymore. Might be a long shot, but if Settle comes, I've heard noise about him and Ricky DeBerry wanting to play together. Not sure if it's true, or if either side has interest in the other. Definitely a longshot.

If Bowens grades are up to snuff, he's a Lion and we are done there

CB: Reid and Whitehead are probably the top two overall targets after Wimbush commits. Ashton White is probably a plan B if we whiff on one or both of them.

Agree

S: Monroe is probably going to come aboard at some point. Myles Hartsfield or Daiquan Kelly might be considered plan
Monroe is a matter of time and we're done

ATH: Some think Josh Adams may have lost his spot in this class for dragging his feet, but I doubt anyone knows for certain.

Adams still has a spot in this class, he could fill in at several positions

All of this is just some food for thought. Would like to hear what you guys think.

There are my thoughts

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are my thoughts

Pretty similar all around. Hopefully you're correct and Burrell and Newsome both come onboard. I think our chances are good with both but there's a ways to go till either commit IMO. Settle is a lot tougher to read, I think there's definitely a chance, but I like our chances for Burrell a lot better.

Unfortunately with so many of these remaining targets being big time kids, there might be some pretty large time between commits which kind of sucks but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty similar all around. Hopefully you're correct and Burrell and Newsome both come onboard. I think our chances are good with both but there's a ways to go till either commit IMO. Settle is a lot tougher to read, I think there's definitely a chance, but I like our chances for Burrell a lot better.

Unfortunately with so many of these remaining targets being big time kids, there might be some pretty large time between commits which kind of sucks but oh well.

i think Newsome pops sooner than later. I think McLean is HUGE in helping with Burrell. Settle has some grade issues he needs to resolve, but the #DynamisTrio seem like they want to play together and the 2 that aren't committed really like where the one committed member chose.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Newsome pops sooner than later. I think McLean is HUGE in helping with Burrell. Settle has some grade issues he needs to resolve, but the #DynamisTrio seem like they want to play together and the 2 that aren't committed really like where the one committed member chose.

Would definitely be great to see the Dymanic Trio doing work in Happy Valley on Saturdays. Not sure how soon Newsome pops, but I think it would be sooner than either Settle or Burrell.

On another note, what do you think the staff makes about Baker? Is he considered a big target anymore? I personally love him as a player.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would definitely be great to see the Dymanic Trio doing work in Happy Valley on Saturdays. Not sure how soon Newsome pops, but I think it would be sooner than either Settle or Burrell.

On another note, what do you think the staff makes about Baker? Is he considered a big target anymore? I personally love him as a player.

He's a guy they'll make room for and would take regardless.....someone would grayshirt if need be. Settle won't commit till whichever all star game he's in I think. Could see Burrell doing same. maybe they tell JFF they are all in and wait to commit for great exposure for us as well.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in MD I can't see the Terrapins recruiting better than Penn State. There is so much more to offer a player in State College then in College Park. I can't imagine that is any different in NJ. Maryland has been getting raided by other schools for years. That is what Franklin is really competeing against is being the top out of state school in both of those states as far as recruiting goes.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in MD I can't see the Terrapins recruiting better than Penn State. There is so much more to offer a player in State College then in College Park. I can't imagine that is any different in NJ. Maryland has been getting raided by other schools for years. That is what Franklin is really competeing against is being the top out of state school in both of those states as far as recruiting goes.

We are annexing the DMV and NJ as part of PSU!!!:suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like JFF hinted at a couple more DMV boys jumping on board sooner than later during the coaches caravan tonight. He can't mention names, just said we may be getting a couple we are better tweets.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like JFF hinted at a couple more DMV boys jumping on board sooner than later during the coaches caravan tonight. He can't mention names, just said we may be getting a couple we are better tweets.

Probably Monroe. Based on what Burrell was tweeting today, I don't think he's committing anytime soon.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure that is going over well in Ohio where they thought LJ would help them out. I love to see top talent leave MD for State College. :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Monroe. Based on what Burrell was tweeting today, I don't think he's committing anytime soon.

He said a couple, so maybe a 2016 kid like Diggs is ready to kcik start next year's class. Franklin said he expects starts like this every year and then fill in the final spots with the 5 star types who decide late....you know, Alabama's recipe:yahoo:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a awesome picture that I would love to have as a t-shirt

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Monroe just commited.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monroe 3 star DB committed

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. Just another kid from D.C. Area

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this one has been in the bag for a few weeks. Maryland begging and pleading at his doorstep got him to pause for a couple weeks, but he's been leaning this way bigtime for a while now.