• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vokoun was the story of game 5. He played very well. The Isles should have scored at least 1 goal in the first if not more. Vokoun was the difference.

Hopefully the Isles figure out a way to score on him in Game 6 or the series is over.

Nabokov MUST step up. He needs to steal a game.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vokoun was the story of game 5. He played very well. The Isles should have scored at least 1 goal in the first if not more. Vokoun was the difference.

Hopefully the Isles figure out a way to score on him in Game 6 or the series is over.

Slightly breaking silent mode: DBnI, What are the Isles feelings around Nabby's performance in this series? I haven't seen him really play any better than Fleury, and obviously Fleury's been pulled.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that... he never did it for us in the playoffs. /sigh

Disclaimer: I have always been a big Nabby fan and was bummed to see him go at the time, but I knew it was the right move.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly breaking silent mode: DBnI, What are the Isles feelings around Nabby's performance in this series? I haven't seen him really play any better than Fleury, and obviously Fleury's been pulled.

I would be sursprised if he's back next season. I would also be shocked if Poulin started game 6.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he MUST step up. I don't expect him too.

Haha, gotcha.

Unfortunately for him (and fans like you), I think it's really obvious that old age has caught up with him. I'm sure he's still giving it his all but he just doesn't have the mobility anymore and can't compensate. Or something.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, gotcha.

Unfortunately for him (and fans like you), I think it's really obvious that old age has caught up with him. I'm sure he's still giving it his all but he just doesn't have the mobility anymore and can't compensate. Or something.

He's given up his share of bad goals in this series. The goal by Murray last night basically ended the game as far as I'm concerned. It was AWFUL.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's given up his share of bad goals in this series. The goal by Murray last night basically ended the game as far as I'm concerned. It was AWFUL.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I didn't see your game last night (just the recap/highlights) and it was a killer for sure.

For us, once the playoffs started, it was just 5-hole after 5-hole after 5-hole... on wrap-arounds, from anywhere...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there any talk of Poulin starting or do you think Nabokov is in?

I know the Canadien situation was different since Price got hurt (so different circumstance) but do you worry it could be if he starts like another Budaj start?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk today around Pittsburgh that Vokoun's puck handling ability was a difference in the game last night. Frankly, I think he sucks at it, and is far worse than Fleury.

I'm kinda surprised anyone would bring it up.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk today around Pittsburgh that Vokoun's puck handling ability was a difference in the game last night. Frankly, I think he sucks at it, and is far worse than Fleury.

Yeah that is odd. I didn't think he was all that great at it last night or in the past.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i didn't watch the game last night, but when mason played (good puck handler) it helped the flyers immensely.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any talk of Poulin starting or do you think Nabokov is in?

I know the Canadien situation was different since Price got hurt (so different circumstance) but do you worry it could be if he starts like another Budaj start?

No. It would be a huge surprise if Poulin got the start.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an even bigger surprise if Ri, nah, we don't need to go there

that's right out of the laviolette goalie playbook, is he back on LI?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk today around Pittsburgh that Vokoun's puck handling ability was a difference in the game last night.Frankly, I think he sucks at it, and is far worse than Fleury.

I woudn't say it was the difference but he's "much better" at handling the puck and getting it out of the offensive end than MAF is.

Fans and critics have bitched about MAF's puck handling blunders for years. Telling him to stay in net, not go behind the net to handle the puck because a lot of times it resulted in a turnover and with him scrambling to get back in net to make a save.

Not sure if you and I have been watching the same MAF over the years, because to me.... he is horrible at puck handling while trying to get it out of the zone.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The errey coincidence the primary assist is from #12.

But I highly doubt Dupuis carries Crosby's clubs like Quinn did for Lemieux.

I once caddied for Quinn. I don't know why that's important, but I thought I'd share.