• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, thought the Pens were sposed to win every game in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Oh yeah, that's right. Where's the defense?

Doesn't defense and good goaltending win playoff games?

The Pens had neither tonight. Marc-Andre Fleury...miserable job.

Serves them right.

Who said that? Got a link? Or are you talking out of your fucking ass?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, thought the Pens were sposed to win every game in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Oh yeah, that's right. Where's the defense?

Serves them right.
Looks like someone didn't watch the game.

Go punch a cab driver

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Isles. They looked like the hungrier team last night.

Let's just hope Cooke doesn't keep getting undeserved 2mins for being Cooke.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FIGHT changed the game. Okposo stuck up for Moulson & his teamates RESPONDED. Fighting IS NECESSARY. Fighting can have a MAJOR impact on a game. It certainly DID tonight!!

I think that was her point. The Pens did not have anything to gain by fighting, they were already in control. Obviously the Isles had plenty to gain, so the Pens shouldn't engage in the fight if there is no upside to it. If the Isles are trying to turn the momentum of the game by fighting, it's idiotic for the Pens to oblige. He should have just skated away.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if anyone else will agree but I am sick of Malkin and his "creative" passes. He is trying to be too cute with the behind the back shit! Pens absolutely deserved to lose. Isles out hustled them from the 2nd on. Hopefully the loss will get them back to business.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serves them right.

Jerk!

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See last year's Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings for a blueprint on how you do it.

How many times have you seen a goalie stand on his head and win it for his team in a short series? Most. Pretty sure the Bruins did it two years ago too. Hawks got lucky three years ago in that they had a mediocre goalie in Niemi but made just enough timely saves to help, but he certainly didn't steal any games in the playoffs.

If giving up two unbelievably soft goals in a game is your idea of a great performance by Marc-Andre Fleury, then think again. Since games are so close in almost every playoff game, a soft goal is a killer. And two soft goals makes the difference between winning and losing, as in game two of the Pens/Isles.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See last year's Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings for a blueprint on how you do it.

How many times have you seen a goalie stand on his head and win it for his team in a short series? Most. Pretty sure the Bruins did it two years ago too. Hawks got lucky three years ago in that they had a mediocre goalie in Niemi but made just enough timely saves to help, but he certainly didn't steal any games in the playoffs.

If giving up two unbelievably soft goals in a game is your idea of a great performance by Marc-Andre Fleury, then think again. Since games are so close in almost every playoff game, a soft goal is a killer. And two soft goals makes the difference between winning and losing, as in game two of the Pens/Isles.

Thanks. We didnt know. Guess you dont remember MAF in 2009? You left that out of your flashbacks for some reason.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny thing about that is you still have a mediocre goaltender. In fact, calling Niemi a mediocre goaltender sounds a lot like sour grapes because you don't have him, anymore.

Crawford has yet to get a team to a conference final, let alone a Stanley Cup final. Fleury's done that twice in his career, already. And he's hoisted it, as well. So has Niemi. If Crawford, Fleury and Niemi were the last three available for a pickup game, I'm thinking Corey's the last one picked.

Pipe down, chump. You don't win the Stanley Cup in May.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That last game was on me... sorry folks, or you are welcome Isles fans.. I won't let it happen again... WHat happened? Well, my daughter is almost two... and no lie, she is 0-11 when wearing a Pitt sports team jersay (pens and Steelers).. I had her in a new Pink Pens shirt last game... it didn't work. So no more...

you hear that Mom!!... don't send any more Pittsburgh outfits to your granddaughter... they don't work.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles doing the majority of the hitting so far.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, I took my Geritol and prune juice so I'm good to go. :yahoo:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am loving this Isles team. Happy too see that logo back in the dance.