• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels%20goodman.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a fucking prediction. I never fucking make predictions, and now you know why.

I knew it was all your fault. ;)

How many more years until Pens' fans say enough is enough with Fleury?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Crosby came back and wrecked team chemistry :D

LOL.

Pens still win this series.

Dash - your avy makes me sad. I know you want Iggy to win one, but is it worth you soul? They wear black, dude. BLACK!! The color the bad guys ALWAYS wear.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Pens still win this series.

Dash - your avy makes me sad. I know you want Iggy to win one, but is it worth you soul? They wear black, dude. BLACK!! The color the bad guys ALWAYS wear.

Eloco, I'm pretty much headed downstairs anyways.

/Besides, I like Johnny Cash (man in black)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloco, I'm pretty much headed downstairs anyways.

Sweet! Swing by the lawyer's sports lounge in 50 years and we can have a beer. Sucks though... they just play a NBA playoff series between the Bucks and Wizards on constant loop.

/Besides, I like Johnny Cash (man in black)

When the Caps beat the Pens, you're gonna cry, cry, cry. ;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, MAF was the reason this game wasn't a blowout in the first two periods. Obviously those two goals were stinkers, but I'm more worried about the sloppy D and possession/shots issues that reared their ugly head tonight.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Isles did what they wanted to do by getting a split. All of a sudden, Game 3 is uber-important.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Dougie had a rough outing, along with Engo. Need Brooks back to solidify that Martin pair. Oh, and play Despres. He's got the speed needed to handle the Isles speed...unlike Engo and Murray. You can't have BOTH those guys in the lineup.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles deserved that one for sure. Pens got lazy with the 3-1 lead. On the 2nd Isles goal, as it went back to the boards, I thought "Man, the Pens are sure playing this casually" and then bam a lucky bounce and in.

There's no question that lucky bounces played a role in this game, but the Islanders worked for them. (Okay, maybe not the game-winner.)

I don't know why MAF is being questionned in this. Islanders put up 40+ shots, this is on the Penguins team. And a fluke goal (off the boards and in, basically twice) isn't the same as the shitty goals Fleury gave up last year against Philly.

Pens got overconfident, Isles were hungrier and the bounces went their way. It's a good wakeup call IMO.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, thought the Pens were sposed to win every game in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Oh yeah, that's right. Where's the defense?

Doesn't defense and good goaltending win playoff games?

The Pens had neither tonight. Marc-Andre Fleury...miserable job.

Serves them right.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to fight if you don't want to. Simply skate away. He obliged, and the Isles responded. It's 100000% pointless shit. Your focus should be on playing the game, not dropping the mitts. I'm just so over fights in this league. They're not worth it.

The FIGHT changed the game. Okposo stuck up for Moulson & his teamates RESPONDED. Fighting IS NECESSARY. Fighting can have a MAJOR impact on a game. It certainly DID tonight!!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens had plenty of chances. They couldn't score on their 4 minute powerplay. That cost them dearly. Bylsma needs to tell them to keep their powerplay simple. They pass the puck too much looking for the pretty goal. As we saw tonight every goal is pretty. It doesn't matter how the puck gets in the net, as long as it gets their.

No matter what happens the rest of the series I'm proud of my team. Nobody gave them a chance to win tonights game. Many probably changed the channel after the first 4 minutes of the game thinking it was over. The Islanders never stopped playing their game. They never quit. Now they BELIEVE they can beat Pittsburgh. There's a lot of power in BELIEVING!!

The OLD BARN will be ROCKING on Sunday.