• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Peach Bowl: Washington vs Alabama, ESPN, 12pm PST

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect both defenses to play well. A funny bounce here or a timely turnover there and who knows? :noidea:

Browning would have to have the game of his life to pull this off and I don't have a lot of faith he will. Still an awesome chance to see where your program is at against the biggest test you can possibly ask for.

I have that bad flu going around. Was very sick last night. Wife wanted to take me to the hospital, but fuck that. They all left for a family breakfast that was planned a long time ago that I wasn't happy about having to go to anyway. Now I get to sit home and watch all of the action leading up to this game.

Soooo...Congrats on the flu? :noidea:

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect both defenses to play well. A funny bounce here or a timely turnover there and who knows? :noidea:

Browning would have to have the game of his life to pull this off and I don't have a lot of faith he will. Still an awesome chance to see where your program is at against the biggest test you can possibly ask for.

I have that bad flu going around. Was very sick last night. Wife wanted to take me to the hospital, but fuck that. They all left for a family breakfast that was planned a long time ago that I wasn't happy about having to go to anyway. Now I get to sit home and watch all of the action leading up to this game.
whiskey-med.jpg

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's been there before though - two years ago, they bought into the hype that they were so much better than their hapless OSU opponent, and they were subsequently burned.

I expect them to be focused and ready.
Agree. And Saban certainly hasn't been preaching a cakewalk in this game; so the only Alabama players who will come into the game thinking that they already have it won, are the ones who think that Saban is a dunce. Probably not too many of those on the roster, I'm guessing.

Truth is, Tide players know that they have an opportunity to go down as one of the great teams in college football history. Seems like a bunch that wants to make that kind of a mark. They're going to be ready.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo...Congrats on the flu? :noidea:
A bunch of people going to that family party were going to sneak out early and hit a local bar in that area to watch it. So I was going to see it either way. Now it's just alone wrapped up in several blankets.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. And Saban certainly hasn't been preaching a cakewalk in this game; so the only Alabama players who will come into the game thinking that they already have it won, are the ones who think that Saban is a dunce. Probably not too many of those on the roster, I'm guessing.

Truth is, Tide players know that they have an opportunity to go down as one of the great teams in college football history. Seems like a bunch that wants to make that kind of a mark. They're going to be ready.
These are kids. No matter what coaches say each will have their own voices in their heads. Not every kid for UW will be able just treat this like another game and not let the moment get in their heads and not every player for Bama will be able to set aside this notion they are the greatest team of all time and really accept that UW is capable of beating them.

The thing is Bama is so loaded top to bottom that those voices shouldn't hurt them any. If things are closer than they expect they will be able to turn it up and fight it off. I'd be more worried about UW players being scared of the moment and trying to do too much than anything Bama players might think or feel.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of people going to that family party were going to sneak out early and hit a local bar in that area to watch it. So I was going to see it either way. Now it's just alone wrapped up in several blankets.
You always have to make allowances for the psychology of individual players; so it's possible that some portion of Alabama players are thinking that it's all much ado about nothing going into this game. Like Saban said, mindset is a major factor in how players perform relative to their potential. But I'm not expecting much if any advantage from something like that, because my sense is that this team knows you have to earn it every single week.

And I agree that some of the Husky players might feel a little surreal in such a big spotlight. We'll just have to see if there are unforced errors due to being a little rattled.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always have to make allowances for the psychology of individual players; so it's possible that some portion of Alabama players are thinking that it's all much ado about nothing going into this game. Like Saban said, mindset is a major factor in how players perform relative to their potential. But I'm not expecting much if any advantage from something like that, because my sense is that this team knows you have to earn it every single week.

And I agree that some of the Husky players might feel a little surreal in such a big spotlight. We'll just have to see if there are unforced errors due to being a little rattled.
Very little chance that some UW players wont get caught up in the moment and simply try to do too much instead of just staying inside of their assignments and playing their role. No amount of coaching can change that. Will it cost them? We will see, but it will happen at some point and probably quite early in the game.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little chance that some UW players will get caught up in the moment and simply try to do too much instead of just staying inside of their assignments and playing their role. No amount of coaching can change that. Will it cost them? We will see, but it will happen at some point and probably quite early in the game.
I've been a little worried about that kind of thing at the beginning of the game. If it happens, hope it won't prove too costly, too early. In general, players usually settle in after a series or so, providing that it's not disastrous at the start.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll Tide!

Whatever happens, I hope the fans aren't a bunch of bitches blasting individual players for not getting the results wanted.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Started getting a cough at work yesterday. By last night, had that cold feeling going on. Same this morning. Hope it's not the flu because had my shot for this season (work at a hospital so it's a req every year), but I'llbe camped at home with blankets watching as well.

Go Dawgs!!! :suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 hours to game!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started getting a cough at work yesterday. By last night, had that cold feeling going on. Same this morning. Hope it's not the flu because had my shot for this season (work at a hospital so it's a req every year), but I'llbe camped at home with blankets watching as well.

Go Dawgs!!! :suds:
Felt like a cold for a couple of days before hitting me like a freight train yesterday afternoon. Last night was a very long night, but I got through it and feel a lot better today. Nothing will keep me from following all of the action today.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late push on high volume of betting pushed the line down to 13.5. A lot of sharp money coming in on UW plus the points.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all that vodka I drank last night gave me the flu too.