• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton won't see the field in 2016 unless Sanchez gets hurt or sucks his way to a 2-4 record in the first part of the season, IMO. Of course, that would change if the Broncos bring in another vet. Best case scenario as many have pointed out is that Sanchez plays well and Paxton gets a full year to develop. I can't imagine any scenario that doesn't have Paxton Lynch starting for the Broncos in the 2017 season, though.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a Jay Cutler-esque scenario playing out. A mediocre season led by a mediocre QB leads to calls for the rook to start.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton won't see the field in 2016 unless Sanchez gets hurt or sucks his way to a 2-4 record in the first part of the season, IMO. Of course, that would change if the Broncos bring in another vet. Best case scenario as many have pointed out is that Sanchez plays well and Paxton gets a full year to develop. I can't imagine any scenario that doesn't have Paxton Lynch starting for the Broncos in the 2017 season, though.

In todays NFL Fans will outcry for Lynch the minute Sanchez screws up. I wish he would sit out 16 but, shocked if it happens.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on:

Injury
How well Sanchez plays
How well Lynch picks up the offense
Trevor Siemian

Paxton Lynch seems to me to have a funny kind of shape to him - I'm thinking the Broncos training and conditioning staff who be doing somewhat of a make over.

If the Broncos are winning games - Kubiak will stick with the veteran.

That said - It wouldn't surprise me if Lynch makes a game 10 debut and no one is ready to defend against him.

One thing for sure - without injuries to Sanchez and Seimian Lynch will not start the season.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @PFF's Tweet:
Could somebody post this properly?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like they say - pretty good deep ball

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Elway has the magic touch again. In 2012, TB called after trading with Denver in round one wanting to trade again in round two and Elway said no we like the QB here.

Something told Elway to pull the trigger again this year .

Can wait to see Lynch after Kubiak works with him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Elway has the magic touch again. In 2012, TB called after trading with Denver in round one wanting to trade again in round two and Elway said no we like the QB here.

Something told Elway to pull the trigger again this year .

Can wait to see Lynch after Kubiak works with him.

Well I would say Elway is 2 for 2 on QB's so far. Manning when everybody said that he was done after his neck surgeries had maybe the best 3-year stretch a QB has ever had stats wise. Osweiler just signed a mega deal with another team. So he at least drafted a starter quality player in Osweiler. So hopefully 3rd time is an even greater charm!

I am glad that he pulled the trigger. Lynch is a polarizing player in the sense of some teams had him easily a top-20 player with the upside to be the best QB in this entire draft and others had him as a 3rd round project QB.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say Elway is 2 for 2 on QB's so far. Manning when everybody said that he was done after his neck surgeries had maybe the best 3-year stretch a QB has ever had stats wise. Osweiler just signed a mega deal with another team. So he at least drafted a starter quality player in Osweiler. So hopefully 3rd time is an even greater charm!

I am glad that he pulled the trigger. Lynch is a polarizing player in the sense of some teams had him easily a top-20 player with the upside to be the best QB in this entire draft and others had him as a 3rd round project QB.

Lynch couldn't be coming into a better situation than with the Broncos. Between our coaching staff and the incredible defense, he should grow quickly. On the flip-side, it would be better if we had a stronger starting QB that would give him more time to develop. Maybe Sanchez will surprise us all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch couldn't be coming into a better situation than with the Broncos. Between our coaching staff and the incredible defense, he should grow quickly. On the flip-side, it would be better if we had a stronger starting QB that would give him more time to develop. Maybe Sanchez will surprise us all.

We can only hope that Sanchez will be a little more than what he has been in his career. At the same time I am comfortable with the idea of Lynch coming in as a rookie if needed. I mean look at Roethlisberger his rookie year. He was carried by a strong running game and elite defense. Same for Russell Wilson. Same with Joe Flacco. So not like it would be unheard of for a rookie walking into the situation that Lynch is and finding success early on. I would say also that they can definitely limit his ability to make mistakes. Get him out to the edge with only 1 or 2 reads and then take off if he doesn't like the look. That is the really nice thing about having an athletic QB for the first time in a long time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think of it the more I am glad we didn't trade for Kaepernick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think of it the more I am glad we didn't trade for Kaepernick.

Me too. With Von Miller just about to make some major money the only way in my opinion that we could stay competitive with such a huge contract was to then have a QB on his rookie contract. I loved that Elway never panicked this whole off season when it came to the QB position. I think we got a very good set up with a decent starter in Sanchez and a rookie with about as high of upside at the position as you could hope for at the end of round 1.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Von gets the QB money and Pax gets the rookie dough. Pax's contract will be coming up, just as Von's money is running down. The Seattle/Russel Wilson model. Brilliant!

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is now a good time to bring up how much I miss having QB sneaks in the playbook?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching the 30 second video of him , I can see 3x the athlete Brock was. Brock is a gangling giraffe.
This kid stands tall and flicks the ball with velocity.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching the 30 second video of him , I can see 3x the athlete Brock was. Brock is a gangling giraffe.
This kid stands tall and flicks the ball with velocity.

I really noticed this as well in all his videos. He didn't have the best protection in college, and did a lot of running away from pressure, and throwing on the run - things Kubiak loves to do with the offense.

I think he's going to really bloom under Kubes, moreso than Brock ever did.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that just jumps out at me - is both Elway and Kubiak are quoted yesterday as saying Lynch will develop early - that is not tamping down expectations that's lighting a fire under them.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpeg

Is this the reverse "Shocker"?