• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that just jumps out at me - is both Elway and Kubiak are quoted yesterday as saying Lynch will develop early - that is not tamping down expectations that's lighting a fire under them.

Well if the rest of his practice went like the few clips that the media put out then I can see why they are excited about this kid. I mean for a guy that hasn't played under Center for a very long time his footwork looked great. He looked like he really knew what he was doing out there. His throws looked very crisp. So if he can learn the playbook quickly I do think he could be ready before people think.

Also listening to some Bronco radio earlier this weekend and one thing that stuck out was they kept talking about his size and athleticism. They said when Brock came to Denver as a rookie he was a skinny bean pole and looked much more like a basketball player than an NFL player. Nothing wrong with that but they did say that they were much more impressed with Lynch's size as he looks like a guy that can take a beating and just keep going. Then just his footwork and how quickly he was getting into his sets. They said he looked like a 5'10" QB out there moving around with how quick his feet were.

So all those things just leads me to believe that they could put them out there much earlier.

Also not really anything to do with what I typed above but they did say that they are not giving him the entire playbook to start off with. They are giving it to him just a little at a time as they don't want him to feel overwhelmed from the get go. They really do want to ease him in a bit.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the rest of his practice went like the few clips that the media put out then I can see why they are excited about this kid. I mean for a guy that hasn't played under Center for a very long time his footwork looked great. He looked like he really knew what he was doing out there. His throws looked very crisp. So if he can learn the playbook quickly I do think he could be ready before people think.

Also listening to some Bronco radio earlier this weekend and one thing that stuck out was they kept talking about his size and athleticism. They said when Brock came to Denver as a rookie he was a skinny bean pole and looked much more like a basketball player than an NFL player. Nothing wrong with that but they did say that they were much more impressed with Lynch's size as he looks like a guy that can take a beating and just keep going. Then just his footwork and how quickly he was getting into his sets. They said he looked like a 5'10" QB out there moving around with how quick his feet were.

So all those things just leads me to believe that they could put them out there much earlier.

Also not really anything to do with what I typed above but they did say that they are not giving him the entire playbook to start off with. They are giving it to him just a little at a time as they don't want him to feel overwhelmed from the get go. They really do want to ease him in a bit.

It's so nice knowing we have such a great coaching staff and personnel management team. They have the appropriate long-term view, and not the short-sighted view that would have Lynch and other rookies starting before they are ready.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so nice knowing we have such a great coaching staff and personnel management team. They have the appropriate long-term view, and not the short-sighted view that would have Lynch and other rookies starting before they are ready.

I definitely agree. Love this coaching staff maybe more than any we have ever had. They just seem to really work so well together and be unified in what they are saying and doing. And yeah with Paxton Lynch when you are introducing him not only to a new system but a new way of playing QB it makes sense to not give him too many things to think about.

I try to do this when I coach golf. We change one thing at a time on a swing. Now for me I am looking maybe 5 things ahead that they will be changing to get the end result but we have to get each one built in individually to get them there. Unfortunately with high schoolers they for the most part lack the patience to wait that long. They want me to fix one thing and the very next swing everything is perfect and going 300 yards. Hard to convince them that golf just isn't quite that simple.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK no wonder Jets can't find a QB for the last 20 years

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree. Love this coaching staff maybe more than any we have ever had. They just seem to really work so well together and be unified in what they are saying and doing. And yeah with Paxton Lynch when you are introducing him not only to a new system but a new way of playing QB it makes sense to not give him too many things to think about.

I try to do this when I coach golf. We change one thing at a time on a swing. Now for me I am looking maybe 5 things ahead that they will be changing to get the end result but we have to get each one built in individually to get them there. Unfortunately with high schoolers they for the most part lack the patience to wait that long. They want me to fix one thing and the very next swing everything is perfect and going 300 yards. Hard to convince them that golf just isn't quite that simple.
On the golf....don't forget to strongly emphasize " golf etiquette " in your teachings. Can never understand guys that have been playing the game for years,have decent handicaps and yet they still have bad habits on the course. #1...never forget your cooler cup.;)

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching some Paxton Lynch highlights, I came away impressed by the combination of arm strength and touch that he has. It's pretty unusual to see both qualities so strong in the same player. He has so much potential. I can't wait to see him on the field in game situations. Got a great feeling about this guy.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio yesterday that he was consistently high on all his passes.

Probably still adjusting to altitude. ;)

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio yesterday that he was consistently high on all his passes.

Probably still adjusting to altitude. ;)

Come on, it's his first day. You don't become a future HOFer overnight. Learning under Elway, it'll probably take him a couple days or so.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching some Paxton Lynch highlights, I came away impressed by the combination of arm strength and touch that he has. It's pretty unusual to see both qualities so strong in the same player. He has so much potential. I can't wait to see him on the field in game situations. Got a great feeling about this guy.
Some Chiefs fans I know called him a "poor man's" Osweiler, whatever that's supposed to mean. I'm guessing they have no clue about the guy.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yank back on reins a little. Don't get all " school girl " giddy just yet on Lynch. Let's wait and see if all the optimism transpires when he goes up against the big boys like his own team. I'm going to reserve my optimism for
Some Chiefs fans I know called him a "poor man's" Osweiler, whatever that's supposed to mean. I'm guessing they have no clue about the guy.
Like us? :)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yank back on reins a little. Don't get all " school girl " giddy just yet on Lynch. Let's wait and see if all the optimism transpires when he goes up against the big boys like his own team. I'm going to reserve my optimism for

Like us? :)
Wow. You really missed the point on that one :lol:

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha, that sounds like Chiefs fans. They just love to hate on all things Bronco. A "poor man's Osweiler"... :lol:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, that sounds like Chiefs fans. They just love to hate on all things Bronco. A "poor man's Osweiler"... :lol:
As if the two had SOOOOOOO much in common. Maybe the strong arms are similar, but from what I've seen that's about it from a skill set POV. Lynch appears to move more easily, and doesn't side-arm the ball.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the two had SOOOOOOO much in common. Maybe the strong arms are similar, but from what I've seen that's about it from a skill set POV. Lynch appears to move more easily, and doesn't side-arm the ball.

Also tall.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also tall.
Ehhhh, that's not really uncommon anymore. Lynch at 6' 6" is only an inch taller than what Manning and Roethlisberger are listed as. Oz is 6' 7" but seemed a lot "lankier" than Lynch appears to be. :noidea:

Maybe it's a leg length difference?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Oz had the athleticism of a newborn calf in comparison to Lynch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he is definitely poor compared to Osweiler. Maybe that is what they meant. All of us though then would be a poor man's Osweiler.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Is that going to happen tomorrow? Probably not, but you never know when it can happen,"

"We think he's going to be ready quicker than a lot of people think."

--John Elway on how Paxton Lynch is expected to progress.

He also went on to say the Broncos did their homework on Lynch and also researched which other teams were interested in Lynch. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has acknowledged he tried to trade up to get Lynch before the Broncos beat him to it, and Elway said the Broncos were aware that other teams wanted to move up an get him. Elway also said the Broncos were confident that — contrary to some mock drafts — the Jets weren’t going to draft Lynch, saying Denver had “pretty good intel that they were going to pass on him.”

John Elway Talks Draft with Dave & Susie | Dave Logan & Susie Wargin | Denver Sports 760

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Is that going to happen tomorrow? Probably not, but you never know when it can happen,"

"We think he's going to be ready quicker than a lot of people think."

--John Elway on how Paxton Lynch is expected to progress.

He also went on to say the Broncos did their homework on Lynch and also researched which other teams were interested in Lynch. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has acknowledged he tried to trade up to get Lynch before the Broncos beat him to it, and Elway said the Broncos were aware that other teams wanted to move up an get him. Elway also said the Broncos were confident that — contrary to some mock drafts — the Jets weren’t going to draft Lynch, saying Denver had “pretty good intel that they were going to pass on him.”

John Elway Talks Draft with Dave & Susie | Dave Logan & Susie Wargin | Denver Sports 760

Loved listening to that interview this past weekend. Just goes to show the homework they put into all these players and even all the other teams in the league to figure out what is true and what is not of what other teams will do. I do think at least 3 teams have been confirmed to have been after Lynch and competing with the Broncos to move up. The Chiefs, Cowboys, and Browns have all been pretty well linked to such an idea. So shows other scouting departments really liked this kid and found him to be of 1st round value.

I am shocked that the Jets though were not interested. From what I have read they had him as a 3rd or 4th round value. To me either they think Fitzpatrick will sign back with them at some point or they really did just not think he would be ready in time for what they need him to be.