• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm iffy on that frenchie facial hair. Hard to decipher if it's better or worse than a neckbeard and the ability of the QB that wears it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just have a hard time seeing him make it out of the top-15 now with the huge trade made today. Not sure the Broncos are ready to give up a 1st next year to be able to get into that range. Crazier things have happened but my guess is Connor Cook is the Broncos target.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Cook does nothing for me. He screams chad pennington

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I view it as while I don't think Connor Cook will develop into a top-5 QB any time soon I do view him as one of the few guys I could see starting as a rookie and not looking completely lost the entire season. I could see the Broncos getting that average QB play even year 1 from him. We don't need him to be a star to succeed. I also think a lot of his accuracy issues are because of his feet. Which hey that is one of Kubiak's biggest things to try and fix on any QB is working on the footwork so I think Kubiak could help Cook become a good player in this league.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but judging off of kubiak and denver's targets for QB, they are looking for someone far more athletic and with a stronger arm. Cook is the kind of qb that is too good to have you in the range for a top pick (on a good roster like ours) good enough to have you compete game to game, but never good enough to be a contender unless you have an elite elite team around him. We have that now, but next year? the year after? i would rather roll with sanchez/mccown/keenum than use our pick on a guy i see in such a mediocre light. he was clocked with worse ball velocity at the combine than kellen moore and i don't see any zip to the hash unless his pocket is pristine

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but judging off of kubiak and denver's targets for QB, they are looking for someone far more athletic and with a stronger arm. Cook is the kind of qb that is too good to have you in the range for a top pick (on a good roster like ours) good enough to have you compete game to game, but never good enough to be a contender unless you have an elite elite team around him. We have that now, but next year? the year after? i would rather roll with sanchez/mccown/keenum than use our pick on a guy i see in such a mediocre light. he was clocked with worse ball velocity at the combine than kellen moore and i don't see any zip to the hash unless his pocket is pristine

besides cook, they have been linked to tyrod, kaep, rg3, dak, lynch. all great athletes for the position with down the field arm.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I disagree on the velocity side of things a bit. He was still dealing with his shoulder injury so not sure how much I trust that. He did however have the best deep ball accuracy of any college QB this past season. That to me screams Kubiak offense. He also has the fight to win that Elway loves to see. He made quite a few come back wins in his time at Michigan State. Athletically speaking I think he is more athletic than people think. I watched quite a few of his games now and saw him take off running and have surprising speed to get down field.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way everything is shaking out I believe I prefer us to take a shot on Dak. This kid plays with fire and emotion. He's the kind of player this team will embrace and carry on its shoulders.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i am watching cook tape from last year and this year and I jsut don't see it. I see meh. I see mediocre. I am going to do more digging. Maybe I am expecting too much, but taking a qb just to take a qb.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world we get him in the third. My perfect world would be:
1) C Jones- Doc has me hooked. And we all no the importance of the d line. Comparisons to Wilkerson have me on cloud nine.
2)J Smith- Generational talent. Before injury could very well be the best player in the draft. Even if he comes back at 90% he's a probowler. Modern medicine has me sold this kid could make it back. Besides, look at all the other 2nd and third round picks we screwed up.
3)D Prescott- showed he can throw from the pocket as well as on the move. Still a bit raw, but plays with intensity and a love for the game. Puts it on the line, and those are the guys you should take a gamble on

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also watching the stanford game from 2013, baylor and osu and michigan from 2 years ago (didn't watch any from this year because of shoulder) he is just awful on the run. can't imagine that bootleg to be super effective with him

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So essentially a guy that has taken every bad throw he has ever made and put them in one spot to show he is a bad QB. I'm not saying that some of this isn't true as I have stated plenty that Cook needs to work on his mechanics probably more than anything else. I also do agree he makes some throws you don't like but he does have a gunslinger mentality and has shown the ability to fit passes into very tight windows that not many of the other guys in this draft can do. To me you fix the mechanics and you fix the QB. I think he is one of the few that rises up when the pressure is at its highest which is something you cannot teach. He also is one of the guys that doesn't panic when a play breaks down and keeps his eyes down the field. To me his issues have a lot more to do with fixable issues than the things you can never fix.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially a guy that has taken every bad throw he has ever made and put them in one spot to show he is a bad QB. I'm not saying that some of this isn't true as I have stated plenty that Cook needs to work on his mechanics probably more than anything else. I also do agree he makes some throws you don't like but he does have a gunslinger mentality and has shown the ability to fit passes into very tight windows that not many of the other guys in this draft can do. To me you fix the mechanics and you fix the QB. I think he is one of the few that rises up when the pressure is at its highest which is something you cannot teach. He also is one of the guys that doesn't panic when a play breaks down and keeps his eyes down the field. To me his issues have a lot more to do with fixable issues than the things you can never fix.

I agree mostly... but i'm not sure that is a guy i want to take at 31. I view him and Hackenberg almost even in terms of where they would be on my board. And if hack was going at 31 when i could get cook round 2, i would lean cook. both have mechanic issues and talent and experience under center, and both need work. But i would prefer the guy i could nab round 2 tbh. I have been wrong before though :p

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying @cdumler7 ... lol I really am. I see some stuff i like. big, decent arm on down field throws (don't see it on short throws though. weird) and a decent moxie on the field.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not a fan of any of the quarterbacks coming out of this year's draft. Of course I could be wrong but it just seems like we're going to have to reach for a QB that we would never do if we had more options already on the team. I think the Broncos franchise quarterback of the future won't be drafted for a year or two more.

Paxton Lynch shows some flashes but I just don't know if it will translate. I'm not a Connor Cook fan either. If I had to choose, I would probably go with Dak Prescott from a value perspective.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, please please DO NOT draft this douchebag

usa-today-9098860.0.jpg

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't Chad Pennington the most accurate QB in NFL history? If Cook could complete passes at the same clip as Pennington, I'd be fine with the pick.