• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I'll mention I acted immature earlier in this thread. So my bad. As for Dak. I just see way to many things that remind me of Tim Tebow. Not a fan of any QB that comes from Dan Mullen's system or Urban Meyer's who he got from Mullen at Utah. The only QB that has had a good career in the NFL under Mullen has been Alex Smith who I still see watching him has a hard time reading defenses. Drops the ball off to his RB's way to many times and early when there are wr's wide open. I guess Cam Newton at Auburn came from a spread offense of that type and has turned out to be a MVP caliber football player but under Kubiak's system in which he would not be in the shotgun as much and no designed runs I think Cam would struggle. Let's face it Cam won MVP due to his running abilities and play making abilities. He still has games where he throws around 50% completion percentage. I wouldn't call him a pocket passer and yet he still struggles reading defenses and makes to quick of decisions and forces the ball. He works for the system Carolina runs. For Dak I just don't know if he can handle taking the ball under center with play action passing and bootlegs that are the stable of a true Gary Kubiak offense and yet read a defense. It is very tough to teach a QB to read a defense and that's what makes Aaron Rodgers a HOF QB and Alex Smith not who was under a Dan Mullen offense in his college career. Kaepernick ran a spread offense as well at Nevada but under Jim Harbaugh I saw some improvement on reading defense and that's what I think he COULD be a good fit for Kubiak's offense. I know there aren't many pro style offenses in college football anymore but I'd rather see Denver draft someone that has taken numerous snaps from under center and doesn't just make one read and if it's not there then run. Yes Dak would be drafted later and wouldn't be as bad as the Tim Tebow pick but I'll stick to what I believe. Don't draft Badger RB's and stay away from drafting QB's under Dan Mullen or Urban Meyer. Ive watched so many Badger games and Dak and Tebow games and nothing has made me change my mind. All of you have valid points and I do respect them. Peace.

Appreciate this post. The problem with today's NFL though is it is about impossible to find a QB that wasn't in shot gun say 90% of their college career. It is about impossible to find a QB that knows how to read a defense and made changes at the LOS. I mean those type of guys go in the top-5 if they have any type of arm talent at all. To me this year Jared Goff is that guy but no way he falls anywhere near where we could draft him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say we have to run a O kubiak's way only , is not thinking into what happened this year .

I have no problem with making things work best we can ..

I would say Kubiak and Elway have some lead way in a season being just okay for a season ..

We are not going to win every season ..

At this point I want a real QB or nothing .

Why pay huge bucks to lose ?I am fine with being were we are .

I seen plenty Worse than the QB we now have playing in the NFL.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get our OL right this off season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the rest will fall into place ..

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say we have to run a O kubiak's way only , is not thinking into what happened this year .

I would say Kubiak and Elway have some lead way in a season being just okay for a season ..

Because for 15 million dollars you could repeat with that defense. Throw some failed scrub out there (like Griffin or Kaepernick) and he could torpedo the whole thing. Throw a non-elite and non-ready rookie out there just because and it'll be even tougher than last year.

Your willingness to throw away a year of that great defense almost makes me violently mad. You don't get many opportunities to try to repeat. You don't pass on the opportunity, you go for it.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because you had a legend in Peyton Manning. The next QB will not have as much say. Especially if it's one that gets drafted. If it's Kaepernick there would be some changes I'm sure but not as many as Manning got. Manning under center just didn't look right at all. I think Kubiak seriously wants a guy that runs his system. There always will be tweeks to the offense but no QB they bring in will have as much say as Manning or have things changed to the way Manning liked it.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because for 15 million dollars you could repeat with that defense. Throw some failed scrub out there (like Griffin or Kaepernick) and he could torpedo the whole thing. Throw a non-elite and non-ready rookie out there just because and it'll be even tougher than last year.

Your willingness to throw away a year of that great defense almost makes me violently mad. You don't get many opportunities to try to repeat. You don't pass on the opportunity, you go for it.

Agreed but I believe they will have to score more points on offense this year to repeat. It wouldn't be smart of Elway to think the defense can perform as well or even better as last year. That's a lot to ask for. They will be very good no doubt but go into the season thinking they will be great again could be trouble. The offense must improve some.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate this post. The problem with today's NFL though is it is about impossible to find a QB that wasn't in shot gun say 90% of their college career. It is about impossible to find a QB that knows how to read a defense and made changes at the LOS. I mean those type of guys go in the top-5 if they have any type of arm talent at all. To me this year Jared Goff is that guy but no way he falls anywhere near where we could draft him.

Agreed

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Brady says hello !!!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curt Warner says hello

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you Draft one of the top 3 QB's you can change to a little more shot gun is all I am saying .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben says hello

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck as of late plenty Rookie QB's have done excellent ..

I get it most will have problems not all and the ones that will work with them some ..

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I assume for 15 million you meant keeping Osweiler?

1) Money wasn't the only thing in Osweiler's decision.
2) You assume he is not going to suck. He did good and bad things last year. I am not going to commit 15+ mil in cap space for a few year based on 7 games. If we did that and he sucked that defense is gone in 2017.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curt Warner says hello

Is Elway scouting at the local grocery stores? Good luck lucking into the next Kurt Warner. I'm sure it'll be easy.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if you work on
Good luck finding the next Tom Brady. I'm sure you'll hit it on your first shot.

Watch our preseason last year .

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful, you are not on the general board where being a dick is expected.

What I can't use sarcasm here?

Crash's responses are almost as funny as Mark Sanchez starting at QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben says hello

He was drafted at 11 in a draft that also had two other elite QBs in it. You are drafting at 32 in a draft with zero elite QBs in it.