• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George forces his second trade in barely two years...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
close call between that and Hell freezing over...
He actually knows a lot about basketball, but his downfall is the lack of objectivity a lot of times. That results him talking like a ten year old

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually knows a lot about basketball, but his downfall is the lack of objectivity a lot of times. That results him talking like a ten year old
He must have read your posts... :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely fair to question Paul George today.

Equally fair to question Russ.

The real question though, is what came first.

Is the discord between PG and Russ authentic, or was it created to give PG leverage to force a trade.

Russ seems like a good guy. But he also tries to do way too much. And if I were a star player I would not want to play with a guy like that.

Yep. I think PG made an emotional decision when he chose to stay in OKC.

Like someone else said: "This is why you don't make a decision at a party meant to recruit you".

Westbrook is who he is and he's not changing. Hopefully, other players and teams are figuring that out now.

As I've always said: "I love watching Westbrook play...for someone else". No one plays harder on both of ends of the floor and he's one of the most explosive players in league history. But he just can't seem to stop himself from playing hero ball.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If once was to look from outside and in, one time may be a coincidence. But twice??? Well...

Fuck it, PC13's nuthuggers, as always will continually detract the blame to his surroundings regardless of circumstance.

Just like two years ago. :L

Does a Pacers fan that constantly posts about him qualify as a Paul George nuthugger?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for Lakers fans they got the better player and probably gave up less.

AD is younger and a superstar. Gave up 3 1st’s and young players that havent proved a ton
PG13 is a fringe star. Gave up 7. SEVEN 1st’s, a young talented PG, SGA, and a pretty nice player in Gallinari

Both werew nice moves but the Lakers got the better of the 2. Still that pairing is sick in Clipperland

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are contenders...

7.1 earthquakes…

Hurricane started a thread that makes sense...

Clearly the apocalypse has begun.

The Clippers might not be quite as powerful as they look. Considering what Doc Rivers has achieved in the last few years, however I would bet they will be contenders.

On paper as of right now the Lakers starting line up looks better.

Lakers PPG RPG APG

PG - Rajon Rondo 9 5 8
SG KCP 11 3 1
SF Lebron James 27 8 8
PF Kyle Kuzma 18 5 2
PF Anthony Davis 26 12 4

Total 91 32 23

Clippers

PG Not determined yet This position must be maintained
SG Lou Williams 20 3 5 Will Lou get his shots to keep this up?
SF Kuwhi Leonard 26 5 3
PG Paul George 28 8 4
C Ivica Zubac 8 6 1

Total 82 21 10

Clippers are really going to need more help which was my concern if the Lakers had nailed Leonard - The $$$ for 2nd tier players needed to win titles. I am hoping of course the Clippers bench really sucks badly, but it is going to depend on what's left

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really isn't a case of PG being disgruntled and forcing himself out.

This is a case of Kawhi Leonard RECRUITING HIM, George asking out, and the Thunder giving in and doing so. If you're gonna throw your ire somewhere, it should be at Kawhi Leonard for recruiting a player UNDER CONTRACT FOR MULTIPLE YEARS with other teams.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really isn't a case of PG being disgruntled and forcing himself out.

This is a case of Kawhi Leonard RECRUITING HIM, George asking out, and the Thunder giving in and doing so. If you're gonna throw your ire somewhere, it should be at Kawhi Leonard for recruiting player UNDER CONTRACT FOR MULTIPLE YEARS with other teams.
I am not sure but I think Paul George had already said something about wanting out - it just hadn't been well published. KL knew that and capitalized.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been the biggest Westbrook hater here. I was one of like 3 posters who talked about how overrated he was during his first triple double season without KD. And I caught crap about it from many on here.

That said, unfair to call him a “punk”. Never in trouble off the court. Always plays hard. Just not a very smart player.

I call Russell Westbrook the Matthew Stafford of the NBA.

Put up monster numbers but they are meaningless numbers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG is sorta like Jimmy butthole. They are fringe superstars. Good 2nd or 3rd level pieces tho

When you’ve been on 4 all-NBA defensive teams and 5 all-NBA teams — you aren’t a fringe anything.

The only better two way player in the NBA is............his new teammate, Kawhi Leonard.

George and Leonard are the two most complete players in the NBA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for Lakers fans they got the better player and probably gave up less.

AD is younger and a superstar. Gave up 3 1st’s and young players that havent proved a ton
PG13 is a fringe star. Gave up 7. SEVEN 1st’s, a young talented PG, SGA, and a pretty nice player in Gallinari

Both werew nice moves but the Lakers got the better of the 2. Still that pairing is sick in Clipperland
I think as of right now the Lakers may have the better team built around them, then the Clippers. Without the role players to hit big shots, you're not winning titles

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call Russell Westbrook the Matthew Stafford of the NBA.

Put up monster numbers but they are meaningless numbers.
I think RE makes the playoffs more regularly, but great comparison.