• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats trade Jamie Collins

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are and should be, but IDK nobody being close...that's not a great DEF with Collins, I can't imagine it will improve w/o him.

So who is close? The only team maybe is Pitt from where I sit and they are banged up.

I'd take the current Pats version head to head over anybody. The gap to #2 is large.

klbynes500

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, the Brown are in a dire need of help on defense. They'll need more pieces than that--acquiring Collins is a start.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is close? The only team maybe is Pitt from where I sit and they are banged up.

I'd take the current Pats version head to head over anybody. The gap to #2 is large.

The Pats are going to be a tough out...I'd be lying if I said otherwise...but to state the obvious, they're not playing the playoffs right now...in DEC/JAN you never know...PIT, KC, DEN, OAK all could beat NE...they all are close enough to do it. If NE had a killer D...I'd be on board with you saying nobody is close.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are going to be a tough out...I'd be lying if I said otherwise...but to state the obvious, they're not playing the playoffs right now...in DEC/JAN you never know...PIT, KC, DEN, OAK all could beat NE...they all are close enough to do it. If NE had a killer D...I'd be on board with you saying nobody is close.

Yep. They started out this way last year and positively limped into the playoffs.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the rule was you couldn't trade compensatory picks. If that's the case, this trade may be just for the 4th rounder, and that's it... something doesn't make sense
2017 will be the first year comp picks can be traded. Was approved last year.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they have been having issues with him for the past month. He wants Von Miller type money, that won't fly in NE. I read they actually had both Hightower and Collins up for trade, but then pulled HT off when Collins told them what he wanted. Both team and players wanted the trade.

From what I read, Collins has been doing his own shit on the field and not "doing your job" role. He did what he wanted on the 2nd play vs Buffalo Sunday and Gillisee ran for 29 yards, after that he only played on passing downs. He also got into a shouting match with the DC. BB does not go for that. Reports are he also starting talking about his contract and what was going on with it, in the locker room, and that does not fly with BB at all.

With the way Roberts has been playing, and the trade for Van Noy, this was going to happen. I mean seriously.....BB is not that stupid. You honestly think if Collins was tearing it up and playing at all pro level, telling the team they can discus contract in the off season and went out and played football that BB would trade him, just to get and 3rd/4th rd pick this yr?? Nope, there were issues that BB didn't like, and he is gone.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they have been having issues with him for the past month. He wants Von Miller type money, that won't fly in NE. I read they actually had both Hightower and Collins up for trade, but then pulled HT off when Collins told them what he wanted. Both team and players wanted the trade.

From what I read, Collins has been doing his own shit on the field and not "doing your job" role. He did what he wanted on the 2nd play vs Buffalo Sunday and Gillisee ran for 29 yards, after that he only played on passing downs. He also got into a shouting match with the DC. BB does not go for that. Reports are he also starting talking about his contract and what was going on with it, in the locker room, and that does not fly with BB at all.

With the way Roberts has been playing, and the trade for Van Noy, this was going to happen. I mean seriously.....BB is not that stupid. You honestly think if Collins was tearing it up and playing at all pro level, telling the team they can discus contract in the off season and went out and played football that BB would trade him, just to get and 3rd/4th rd pick this yr?? Nope, there were issues that BB didn't like, and he is gone.

This.. The theory is that his free-styling was pissing Belichick off. And the likelihood Collins was going due to money of course. So he essentially traded Collins for nothing to Cleveland rather than the chance he'd go to a competitor.

It explains a lot of why BB did what he did.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss said as much last night, Collins shit the bed.

And got punished for it.

Penthouse to outhouse.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Jets fan...we played you guys yesterday, that team made ZERO for halftime adjustments, and looked totally lost in the second half against the leagues worst QB...

Jamie Collins isn't going to do much for that franchise. They need Vince Lombardi's corpse to rise up and come coach along with the 80's version of Joe Montana to show up to training camp next season...

then they might win 8 games

If not for that awful turnover in their own end, the Browns win that game yesterday.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 players who forced the most fumbles for the Pats last year were Jones and Collins......

I heard a fair number of times yesterday (pregame shit) that Landon Roberts is a beast.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick ally Mike Lombardi rips Jamie Collins’ lack of effort
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2016, 12:28 PM EDT
612054608-e1478017524610.jpg
Getty Images
Patriots coach Bill Belichick is far too tight-lipped to offer a candid explanation of why he decided to trade linebacker Jamie Collins to the Browns. But a media member who knows Belichick well says it’s simple: Collins is playing like a dog, and Belichick wanted to get rid of him.

Mike Lombardi, who worked for Belichick in both Cleveland and New England, said Collins isn’t playing well enough and isn’t trying hard enough.

“Watch the tape. Jamie has not played particularly well,” Lombardi said on WEEI. “Sometimes freelancing is a problem, and I think sometimes effort is a problem.”

Lombardi said Collins’ status as a soon-to-be free agent had nothing to do with the decision, and he indicated that Collins has been told before that he needs to work harder.

“This is about football,” he said. “This is about watching the player. Grade the player. People have a perception. You’re arguing based on perception. If you studied the game tape and you understood the defense, and you understood everything that’s going on, you would understand this is a football decision. . . . Jamie Collins, I’ve said this to this kid before when I was there. . . . When he wants to play and he’s really into it, he can be a very good player. Now, is there something going on in his life that I don’t know about? But through eight games as a Patriot this season he had not been playing at a level that’s acceptable to winning and beating good teams. The conversation we’re having isn’t about beating Landry Jones and the Pittsburgh Steelers. It’s about beating Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers in a championship game.”

Told that Pro Football Focus has given Collins strong grades, Lombardi scoffed.

“Who is doing the grading? Evaluate the evaluator,” he said. “I would rather go with Bill Belichick’s evaluation than Pro Football Focus.”

As Lombardi repeatedly questioned Collins’ production and praised Belichick’s decision to cut bait on him, one of the WEEI hosts told him, “It does feel like you’re doing Belichick’s bidding.” Lombardi took issue with that, but his comments did sound like he was offering an opinion he knows Belichick shares, even if Belichick won’t say so publicly.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick ally Mike Lombardi rips Jamie Collins’ lack of effort
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2016, 12:28 PM EDT
612054608-e1478017524610.jpg
Getty Images
Patriots coach Bill Belichick is far too tight-lipped to offer a candid explanation of why he decided to trade linebacker Jamie Collins to the Browns. But a media member who knows Belichick well says it’s simple: Collins is playing like a dog, and Belichick wanted to get rid of him.

Mike Lombardi, who worked for Belichick in both Cleveland and New England, said Collins isn’t playing well enough and isn’t trying hard enough.

“Watch the tape. Jamie has not played particularly well,” Lombardi said on WEEI. “Sometimes freelancing is a problem, and I think sometimes effort is a problem.”

Lombardi said Collins’ status as a soon-to-be free agent had nothing to do with the decision, and he indicated that Collins has been told before that he needs to work harder.

“This is about football,” he said. “This is about watching the player. Grade the player. People have a perception. You’re arguing based on perception. If you studied the game tape and you understood the defense, and you understood everything that’s going on, you would understand this is a football decision. . . . Jamie Collins, I’ve said this to this kid before when I was there. . . . When he wants to play and he’s really into it, he can be a very good player. Now, is there something going on in his life that I don’t know about? But through eight games as a Patriot this season he had not been playing at a level that’s acceptable to winning and beating good teams. The conversation we’re having isn’t about beating Landry Jones and the Pittsburgh Steelers. It’s about beating Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers in a championship game.”

Told that Pro Football Focus has given Collins strong grades, Lombardi scoffed.

“Who is doing the grading? Evaluate the evaluator,” he said. “I would rather go with Bill Belichick’s evaluation than Pro Football Focus.”

As Lombardi repeatedly questioned Collins’ production and praised Belichick’s decision to cut bait on him, one of the WEEI hosts told him, “It does feel like you’re doing Belichick’s bidding.” Lombardi took issue with that, but his comments did sound like he was offering an opinion he knows Belichick shares, even if Belichick won’t say so publicly.

yeah he really hasn't played his assignment and a little too freelancing. That 1 missed play on Sunday netted 24 yards. i heard they offered him 11 mill but he said no and wanted Von Miller $$$ Child pls

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Saturday, if you suggested that the Patriots should trade Jamie Collins for a late 3rd or early 4th, you'd have been laughed at and mocked. On Monday, when Belichick does exactly that, he's praised as a genius and suddenly all of these criticisms of Collins, from a lack of effort to freelancing too much, come out of nowhere.

It's strange to me that we haven't heard any negative talk about Collins until after Hoodie decides to part ways with him. Collins goes from one of the most versatile linebackers in the game to a bum who does what he wants and doesn't give a good effort, and the only thing that changed is the Patriots decided to trade him.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Saturday, if you suggested that the Patriots should trade Jamie Collins for a late 3rd or early 4th, you'd have been laughed at and mocked. On Monday, when Belichick does exactly that, he's praised as a genius and suddenly all of these criticisms of Collins, from a lack of effort to freelancing too much, come out of nowhere.

It's strange to me that we haven't heard any negative talk about Collins until after Hoodie decides to part ways with him. Collins goes from one of the most versatile linebackers in the game to a bum who does what he wants and doesn't give a good effort, and the only thing that changed is the Patriots decided to trade him.

Its not so much about slacking off, and he probably is the most athletic guy on the team, but he refused the $11 mill offer, and wanted near Miller money. Same thing happened with Wilfork, Logans etc

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not so much about slacking off, and he probably is the most athletic guy on the team, but he refused the $11 mill offer, and wanted near Miller money. Same thing happened with Wilfork, Logans etc
According to Lombardi it had nothing to do with money and everything to do with performance.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Lombardi it had nothing to do with money and everything to do with performance.

Not from I have heard locally, I'm sure the facts will come out soon. But I doubt they trade a player of his talent for only a 3-4 round draft pick for performance . Now if a guy is a cancer, talks bad about team, or bangs Bill's GF another story

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from I have heard locally, I'm sure the facts will come out soon. But I doubt they trade a player of his talent for only a 3-4 round draft pick for performance . Now if a guy is a cancer, talks bad about team, or bangs Bill's GF another story
I'm basing this on post #93 above.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basing this on post #93 above.
From ESPN

Collins' four-year rookie contract will expire after the season, and he was at one point asking for what one league source described to ESPN's Adam Schefter as "Von Miller money." The Denver Broncos gave Miller a six-year, $114.5 million deal in July, including $70 million guaranteed.