• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collins Released

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the release of Collins indicates they are still working with Tee on his deal? I am trying to understand the timing of the release. He could have sat on PUP another 3 weeks before having to be jettisoned or put on the roster. Seems like an odd time to do it with how bad Jonah played.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the release of Collins indicates they are still working with Tee on his deal? I am trying to understand the timing of the release. He could have sat on PUP another 3 weeks before having to be jettisoned or put on the roster. Seems like an odd time to do it with how bad Jonah played.
I think they can roll over the cap savings to next year. My guess is that they are staring at the likelihood of having to tag Higgins and that will have a big impact on the cap for the year. It looks like this will give like 6-7 million back to the cap. I also don't think they would have done it if they felt that Collins could help this year - But, it's always been tough to imagine him getting back to form. I thought he put in a hell of an effort last year, but it was clear that years of injuries have slowed him down. This knee injury will be hard to come back from.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there was a blurb that Tee was not going to negotiate in-season...so I don't think this is that.

I do think the timing is more about allowing the payroll savings to roll forward, which could help with Tee, but not until the off-season.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be.

they have a number of defensive pillars to think about as well, and it may be nice to keep 2 of our most productive receivers instead of just 1 (chase). I get the feeling Charlie will improve as the season moves on and we will have to choose which receiver to let go of eventually. Iosivas could also end up being a productive receiver as well.

if tee higgins has a really good year, his demand will be high. NFL teams at times will over pay for a difference maker.

Collins was an obvious choice.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be.

they have a number of defensive pillars to think about as well, and it may be nice to keep 2 of our most productive receivers instead of just 1 (chase). I get the feeling Charlie will improve as the season moves on and we will have to choose which receiver to let go of eventually. Iosivas could also end up being a productive receiver as well.

if tee higgins has a really good year, his demand will be high. NFL teams at times will over pay for a difference maker.

Collins was an obvious choice.
Reader is the big name on defense. Under him is Awuzie...but with the recent draft picks...I don't think you see him re-signed, unless he has a solid season and is willing to take a friendly deal to stay, especially coming off the knee. We'll see, but I doubt it.

Higgins is nice, no doubt having 2 top tier guys makes things a bit easier on offense, but eventually everyone wants to get paid...and you have to make the tough choices.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reader is the big name on defense. Under him is Awuzie...but with the recent draft picks...I don't think you see him re-signed, unless he has a solid season and is willing to take a friendly deal to stay, especially coming off the knee. We'll see, but I doubt it.

Higgins is nice, no doubt having 2 top tier guys makes things a bit easier on offense, but eventually everyone wants to get paid...and you have to make the tough choices.
Just don't play for the Jets. Whatever you do, don't sign with the Jets, motha fuggas are cursed.