• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats trade Jamie Collins

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, will Cleveland get a comp pick if he isn't resigned after the season?

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, will Cleveland get a comp pick if he isn't resigned after the season?

They'll probably tag him. Not much else on the roster worth tagging.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contractual issues being cited by Ian Rapport on NFLN as to why Collins was traded.

IR basically said Collins and the team couldn't come to an agreement far as a long term deal and the team didn't wanna pony up the 15 mill to franchise him. From Collins side, he's supposedly cool with going to Cleveland if they don't want him in NE.
Lots of players say they have no problem going to x,y or z team. Well at least until they get a dose of losing. There is much more here yet to be released.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will probably refuse to sign a long term deal with Cleveland and be back with the Pats for less money in two years.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this at all. I thought the whole point of shipping off Chandler Jones was so they could have money for Collins. Instead, they ship off Collins for a third round pick, which is probably what they would have gotten as a compensatory pick had they lost him in free agency anyway.

Either Collins did something awful that we just haven't heard about yet, or Bill Belichick decided to make the worst trade he could think of to see if he would still be labeled a genius.
It's probably worth noting that the Brown's 3rd round pick is going to be roughly 30 picks more valuable than the comp pick, but I'll take my shot at a SB with Collins. Seems kind of arrogant unless there's something a lot more damaging than money behind the scenes.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably worth noting that the Brown's 3rd round pick is going to be roughly 30 picks more valuable than the comp pick, but I'll take my shot at a SB with Collins. Seems kind of arrogant unless there's something a lot more damaging than money behind the scenes.
I read that the third round pick the Browns sent is one of their compensatory picks, so it will still be at the end of the third round.

Seemingly the only advantage for the Patriots is that they get the pick in the 2017 draft instead of the 2018 draft. That's all I can come up with.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the third round pick the Browns sent is one of their compensatory picks, so it will still be at the end of the third round.

Seemingly the only advantage for the Patriots is that they get the pick in the 2017 draft instead of the 2018 draft. That's all I can come up with.
Really? I am just hearing about this myself. Makes even less sense now. Not sure how anyone can justify this without using thinly veiled appeal to authority fallacy unless there's something we don't know. "But Bill really does know what he's doing."

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO damn that's messed up. They were like you want to bitch about your contract? Fine we'll trade your bitch ass to Cleveland

Reportedly wants Von Miller money. He's not going to get that from Cleveland either.

Bill dumps him now, gets his compensatory pick a year early. Cleveland must really think they can convince him to stay. Otherwise, they just threw away a 3rd rounder on a rental for a winless team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some major red flags popping up in my head. He was likely worth at least a 3rd as a comp pick.

3rd is as high as compensatory picks go. The Pats would get that in the 2018 draft. Bill traded him now for the Browns' 3rd round compensatory pick in the upcoming draft, essentially getting that pick a year earlier. As long as losing him doesn't hurt the Pats for the remainder of the season, it's another Jedi Bill move. It could backfire if their defense suffers though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would have fetched a 3rd round comp pick leaving FA as it was... jesus...
what are u doing bill?
Exactly. That is why this looks ridiculously horrible. gotta be more to it. Maybe he was tapping Bill's daughter???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots??? Arrogant??? How dare you:thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd is as high as compensatory picks go. The Pats would get that in the 2018 draft. Bill traded him now for the Browns' 3rd round compensatory pick in the upcoming draft, essentially getting that pick a year earlier. As long as losing him doesn't hurt the Pats for the remainder of the season, it's another Jedi Bill move. It could backfire if their defense suffers though.
BUT,,,doesn't losing your best players normally hurt???

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone calls Gisselle ugly.

This is a puzzler :scratch:

I don't.

Hightower is playing like a beast. He will get the $$. And Butler will be after more coin too.

Plus they have Sheard, Mingo (both from the Browns??), rookie Roberts, picked up that Van Noy guy the other day.

Life in BB land is like this. You get greedy, you gone...... Nothing surprises me anymore.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportedly wants Von Miller money. He's not going to get that from Cleveland either.

Bill dumps him now, gets his compensatory pick a year early. Cleveland must really think they can convince him to stay. Otherwise, they just threw away a 3rd rounder on a rental for a winless team.
They'll tag him. They aren't going to trade him and then let him walk.