• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats / Steelers Legacy

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel cheating by every team goes on every year, it's only when the get caught that it's an issue. Didn't the 9er get caught manipulating the cap?

I think that was the broncos

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not over all. The Steelers' have been dominating since the 70's, the Patriots only since 2001. However, Brady and BB have the longest dominance by a single QB and coach combo. I'd still give the overall edge to Pittsburgh since they've dominated with 3 straight HCs since 1969. The only 3 HCs they've had in that time span btw. We have to see what the Pats do post BB and Brady before they can enter the overall discussion.

Saying they've been dominating since the 70's is something of a stretch. They've been consistently good but after the 70's glory years they've been in how many Super Bowls? 4? Good, very Good. Dominant? I'm not so sure.

The number of coaches for a franchise is good indicator of a successful franchise but it's doesn't make them successful. See Lewis, Marvin.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats win the Super Bowl, how much longer does Belicheck hang around or Tom Brady? Do they stay together a few more years? Belicheck has been around 17 years? He really doesn't have anything left to prove and at some point you want to enjoy retirement before it is too late.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats win the Super Bowl, how much longer does Belicheck hang around or Tom Brady? Do they stay together a few more years? Belicheck has been around 17 years? He really doesn't have anything left to prove and at some point you want to enjoy retirement before it is too late.

I agree 1000 and 4 %

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay slick your claiming I am wrong does not make it so, I guess it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. I will not banter back and forth over opinion, opinion which cannot be wrong.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Not Opinion, FACT!!!

You can't banter because you're wrong and can't accept it.

Are you really this stupid or just horrible at trolling???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Opinion, FACT!!!

You can't banter because you're wrong and can't accept it.

Are you really this stupid or just horrible at trolling???

:deadhorse:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Pats win the Superbowl that will give both teams 6 rings both have clearly had an impact on the history of the league. There are a lot of factors to consider, spygate, deflategate, steroid usage, free agency, salary caps, length of seasons etc. In your opinion is the accomplishment of one team any more significant than that of the other? Does either franchise shine above one as potentially the greatest franchise to date since the inception of the Superbowl.
The Packers are the greatest franchise in NFL history.

What Is the Best Franchise in NFL History?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Wrong!

Before 1977 DBs were allowed to mug receivers anywhere on the field. 25 TD passes and 3000 yards in a season was a lot and it wasn't unusual for top QBs to have almost as many INTs as TD passes in a season. You could also hit a QB and drive them into the ground just as long as you didn't spike them head first, without a penalty. Also, deliberate head shots on offensive players was completely legal. I could go on and on but everyone gets the point. Not saying you can't still play D but to act like there's no difference is just being ignorant of or ignoring NFL history.

That Steelers' D pre-Mel Blunt rule (notice it's named after a Steeler) would beat the living crap out of any modern offensive if allowed to play under the old rules. There is zero doubt about that!!!
:scratch:I thought it was named the Bill Polian and whinny Colts rule?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet defense still wins championships. That is the point these rules changes were about player safety and logic for the most. So IMO the argument of these rules changes made a huge difference is moot. The game has transitioned away from big dumb burly men killing one another. Defenses today, are smarter, faster, more athletic, more complex so I really don't see where being able to mug a guy all the way downfield ( which is a bit of a myth ), or piling driving a QB was much of an advantage.
The NFL got smart. They knew the majority of American's like to see scoring. For those that don't or enjoy watching a bunch of thespians there's soccer.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL got smart. They knew the majority of American's like to see scoring. For those that don't or enjoy watching a bunch of thespians there's soccer.
I agree but I would rather see a 21 to 23 game then a 38 to 12 game

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying they've been dominating since the 70's is something of a stretch. They've been consistently good but after the 70's glory years they've been in how many Super Bowls? 4? Good, very Good. Dominant? I'm not so sure.

The number of coaches for a franchise is good indicator of a successful franchise but it's doesn't make them successful. See Lewis, Marvin.
^This:dingdingding:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I would rather see a 21 to 23 game then a 38 to 12 game
Don't get me wrong. Many of us like to see a defensive battle as well. We just don't want to see a 3-0 score day in and day out.
I agree right around 21points is a good amount of O & D balance. However I wouldn't complain if Dirt's wishes of a NE 52-10 NE SB victory comes to fruition.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have a legacy of winning.

The Patriots have a legacy of cheating.

The End.