• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How bad has the NE legacy been tarnished now?

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a new angle on the story keeps coming up on Deflategate, like this one where the Ravens warned the Colts before their playoff game that the Pats were juicing the footballs.

We now have Deflategate and Spygate as permanent chapters on this dynasty's resume. One has to wonder how the Patriots will be remembered? In the age of social media and the internet in general, I don't see this getting swept under the rug like the Steelers of the 70's roiding up, or the Niners of the 80's legwhipping, or any number of cheating by previous dynasties. This has been etched in the mantle of NFL history. You can be sure ESPN will be running specials on this over the next 30 years.

This has to be difficult if you're a Pats fan. I think it's probably the same dilemma SF Giants fans had with Barry Bonds: you have this great athletic accomplishment that is now tarnished, and as a fan you have to take a side: either for or against your guy. Most Giants fans cheered loudly and boisterously for Bonds in the eye of the Balco shitstorm as a defiant support for their guy while the rest of the public was soberly opposed to him. We're seeing the same thing from Patriots fans now while the rest of the NFL fans have a much simpler, straightforward perception of them, but I'm not naive enough to believe any other fanbase would take a higher road than NE's has, honestly.

Just look at the responses to this article from a week ago in the Boston Globe where an author basically echoes the common belief of the other 31 NFL cities. People don't want to believe this so bad that they insist on not believing it at all. Pretty soon Pats apologists will join the ranks of 9/11 deniers.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a new angle on the story keeps coming up on Deflategate, like this one where the Ravens warned the Colts before their playoff game that the Pats were juicing the footballs.

We now have Deflategate and Spygate as permanent chapters on this dynasty's resume. One has to wonder how the Patriots will be remembered? In the age of social media and the internet in general, I don't see this getting swept under the rug like the Steelers of the 70's roiding up, or the Niners of the 80's legwhipping, or any number of cheating by previous dynasties. This has been etched in the mantle of NFL history. You can be sure ESPN will be running specials on this over the next 30 years.

This has to be difficult if you're a Pats fan. I think it's probably the same dilemma SF Giants fans had with Barry Bonds: you have this great athletic accomplishment that is now tarnished, and as a fan you have to take a side: either for or against your guy. Most Giants fans cheered loudly and boisterously for Bonds in the eye of the Balco shitstorm as a defiant support for their guy while the rest of the public was soberly opposed to him. We're seeing the same thing from Patriots fans now while the rest of the NFL fans have a much simpler, straightforward perception of them, but I'm not naive enough to believe any other fanbase would take a higher road than NE's has, honestly.

Just look at the responses to this article from a week ago in the Boston Globe where an author basically echoes the common belief of the other 31 NFL cities. People don't want to believe this so bad that they insist on not believing it at all. Pretty soon Pats apologists will join the ranks of 9/11 deniers.
.....yup,.....and An accomplice to murder, and a fiancé/beater in your Ravenz Org. surely must of been "painfull" for YOU too......!?,.....*hands Pyscho a kleenex*.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one? Gotta be sixty if these threads.... Use da search function!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And truthfully if As a non pats fan I will bash them.

If I were s pats fan if laugh and enjoy my rings.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray-lewis-1.jpg

Ray_rice.gif

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really have too many of these threads?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, its like this guy forgets the ravens are viewed as a team of thugs.

hes either new to football or has a brain injury, rendering him unable to remember more than 3 minutes at a time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, its like this guy forgets the ravens are viewed as a team of thugs.

hes either new to football or has a brain injury, rendering him unable to remember more than 3 minutes at a time.
He saw the Ravens troll trolling. Thought it was the way to go. Give him a chance.....

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and scott zolak is a terp!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think it will be like that. It will be like George Brett's pine tar or stick-em. If people hate the Patriots this will only reinforce what they already think, the rest will just chalk it up to business in the NFL.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the FUCK is "juicing" a football??

Who cares about Bonds. Dude was dominate. One of the greatest ever.

Only writers and idiots (was that redundant?) care about this stupid shit.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spygate

Tuck Rule

Murderers

Whiny cheating QBs

Yeah, I'd say it's safe to say they are as fraudulent as they come

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st thing I think that you need to understand about sports in general...cheating is not looked on with the same degree of disgrace that it might be looked upon in say...golf, a self governed game or sport on every level.

My view off the Patriots hasn't changed...yes, many teams have gone over the line in terms of trying to create a competitive advantage...using the NFL as an example...you mentioned the '70s Steelers...do you REALLY think they were the ONLY team on something illegal? DAL, WAS, DEN with the cap violation...ATL with noisegate, and on and on.

I'm not sure exactly what your angle is on this, but if you ain't cheating you ain't trying is pretty much the motto across the entire sports landscape. When you get caught, you pay the price and you keep it moving.

Last thing...my view on Brady...great QB, 1st ballot HOF, he did something that just about every QB does, but he got caught coloring outside the lines...how he handled it shows some arrogance on his part...but it doesn't change the way I view him as a player.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I'm on my death bed, I doubt if I'll spend any time thinking about the Patriots. Although I might spend a few seconds questioning the wisdom of becoming a loyal Lions fan back in '68.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that christian peter?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that christian peter?

Danny Villa

On December 27, 2008, Villa was arrested in Tucson, Arizona for charges of child r*pe that allegedly occurred while coaching in Massachusetts. On August 26, 2009, he pled guilty in court to three counts of r*pe of a child and two counts of enticing a child. He was sentenced to two years on the first and second r*pe indictments with 2 years concurrent on the enticing indictments. According to a press release from Norfolk County District Attorney William Keating, he was sentenced to "7 years probation on the third r*pe indictment with conditions of probation that he must register as a sex offender, submit to GPS monitoring while on probation, have no contact with the victim or the victim’s family and he cannot work with any children under the age of 16. Judge Chernoff also ordered an 'exclusion zone' around every school in the Commonwealth, meaning that Villa cannot set foot in any school in Massachusetts while on probation."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh
Danny Villa

On December 27, 2008, Villa was arrested in Tucson, Arizona for charges of child r*pe that allegedly occurred while coaching in Massachusetts. On August 26, 2009, he pled guilty in court to three counts of r*pe of a child and two counts of enticing a child. He was sentenced to two years on the first and second r*pe indictments with 2 years concurrent on the enticing indictments. According to a press release from Norfolk County District Attorney William Keating, he was sentenced to "7 years probation on the third r*pe indictment with conditions of probation that he must register as a sex offender, submit to GPS monitoring while on probation, have no contact with the victim or the victim’s family and he cannot work with any children under the age of 16. Judge Chernoff also ordered an 'exclusion zone' around every school in the Commonwealth, meaning that Villa cannot set foot in any school in Massachusetts while on probation."
yeah, i remember that.

he also played for the panthers, cards, and chiefs. chide them too!