• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Patriots V Titans 1-13-18 PLAY OFF TIME

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. There was certainly a lot of hype beforehand trying to pump up the Titans. And the Titans did for about 1 quarter.

I found myself wishing they had just let Tony Romo give his honest opinion, instead of telling him to hype the Titans even though everyone knew what the outcome would be. The Dark Lord was just studying the Titans in the first quarter. In the second half, the Pats came out and swept the floor with them.

It got a little ridiculous at a point.

Exactly what I told myself. I'm glad I had a nice steak and some beer in front of the TV or I would have been tempted to do laundry or something.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found myself wishing they had just let Tony Romo give his honest opinion, instead of telling him to hype the Titans even though everyone knew what the outcome would be. The Dark Lord was just studying the Titans in the first quarter. In the second half, the Pats came out and swept the floor with them.

Exactly what I told myself. I'm glad I had a nice steak and some beer in front of the TV or I would have been tempted to do laundry or something.

Steak wasn't settling till after the first quarter

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, guy, I don't. I just contend the Pats D isn't very talented.

You try too hard.
NE had 8 sacks last night. They're still playing in the playoffs.

Seems to me you might be the one trying just a tad bit too hard.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, guy, I don't. I just contend the Pats D isn't very talented.

You try too hard.

Apologize for some of the NE fans, that act like they play for NE or forgot the horrible first 30 years, I always stay humble because I remember my roots

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned this game off when the Patriots committed a false start of a 4th and 5 already backed up against the end zone, the refs then call a false start only to come back 10 minutes later and rule it a neutral zone infraction.

Knew the fix was in at that point.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE had 8 sacks last night. They're still playing in the playoffs.

Seems to me you might be the one trying just a tad bit too hard.
Guy, you know better than to use the "we won" argument on me. Just stop.

Apologize for some of the NE fans, that act like they play for NE or forgot the horrible first 30 years, I always stay humble because I remember my roots

Yeah, as much as I shit on the lack of talent on the Pats D, I got to admit they probably do get the most out of it. Really can put the onus on the offense to take care of business, and the Titans (predictably) did not as they aren't talented or fundamentally sound in play design, scheme, coaching, game planning, etc. When I said at the earliest part of the thread I'd be surprised if the Titans kept it in 20, I figured that'd be a reason why. Did I expect 7 points until garbage time? Not really, but the point still stands, imo.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steak wasn't settling till after the first quarter

After watching a lot of Pats games in the Belichick-Brady era, I've noticed that against weak teams they don't usually even shift into second gear until the second quarter. It's like they're just watching the game to see what the opponents are trying to do, knowing that they've got the talent to play with anyone and will make a few adjustments and start the steamroller.

If the Pats are down by a touchdown or less at the half, it's pretty much a guaranteed win for them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, ok this makes sense. You attempt to trash the NE D, while they're on their way to their 7th consecutive AFCCG.
You're a pretty educated poster so I figured you'd recognize the NE bend but don't break D. They play so not to allow a team to get the big play against them. Let the opposing team make mistakes or get 3. So if you want to call them terrible go for it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, as much as I shit on the lack of talent on the Pats D, I got to admit they probably do get the most out of it. Really can put the onus on the offense to take care of business, and the Titans (predictably) did not as they aren't talented or fundamentally sound in play design, scheme, coaching, game planning, etc. When I said at the earliest part of the thread I'd be surprised if the Titans kept it in 20, I figured that'd be a reason why. Did I expect 7 points until garbage time? Not really, but the point still stands, imo.

To be honest, I have a hard time keeping up with who's playing on the Patriots defense.

That's said. If you are a young and eager defensive player looking for a chance the Patriots D is not a bad place to end up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bend but don't break doesn't really exist as far as I can tell. It's why I am so negative about the Chiefs defense- they suck. They have core players, but no mistake they do suck. They may be 14th or whatever it is in PPG, but they 100% suck.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I have a hard time keeping up with who's playing on the Patriots defense.

That's said. If you are a young and eager defensive player looking for a chance the Patriots D is not a bad place to end up.

Or an old seasoned vet like Harrison

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned this game off when the Patriots committed a false start of a 4th and 5 already backed up against the end zone, the refs then call a false start only to come back 10 minutes later and rule it a neutral zone infraction.

Knew the fix was in at that point.
Ha, are you related to Mularkey? I read a story on CBS that Mukarkey was upset with the officiating. He didn't get the answer from the officials he wanted on the play you refer to above. It's not hard to figure out. The DL entered the neutral zone causing the G from NE to jump. That's encroachment by the rule. But that wasn't enough. Mularkey went onto complain about the Decker OPI. Did Butler slip? Yes I think he did. Problem was it was the same time Big Dick Decker pushes off. Decker extends his arm into the face mask of Butler. If Butler doesn't slip it's a non call. But the ref sees tge arm fully extended, the defender goes down and tge reciever gets seperation. Mukarkey said it may be the worst call in history:rolleyes2:

I'm pretty sure those two plays were the result of getting your butt kicked for tge entire 2nd half.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bend but don't break doesn't really exist as far as I can tell. It's why I am so negative about the Chiefs defense- they suck. They have core players, but no mistake they do suck. They may be 14th or whatever it is in PPG, but they 100% suck.
As a fan it's difficult to watch. But it does exsit. The D needs to do their job. NE was struggling bad with this early in the season. They are somewhat healthy now and have had time to gel as a D. I'd love for them to be a Sacksonville style D but there aren't many of them.