• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots V Bills 12/29/13

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners O-line would worry me more than the Seahawks but I'll be hoping for snow with any of them if the Pats get to the big dance.

And they have a better ground D. SF scares me more than anyone else. Carolina is second. No one else is complete enough to be an issue IMO. Seattle has the best pass d but we have the personnel to keep it on the ground and move the ball still. Wilson's the best QB of the three but all are bad. I think BB can gamelan to put it in his hands and come out on top.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they have a better ground D. SF scares me more than anyone else. Carolina is second. No one else is complete enough to be an issue IMO. Seattle has the best pass d but we have the personnel to keep it on the ground and move the ball still. Wilson's the best QB of the three but all are bad. I think BB can gamelan to put it in his hands and come out on top.

O-line and running attack, I'd say the Niners are #1 and Seattle is a close 2nd with Lynch...probably a tossup between those two with Carolina 3rd. Any one of those defenses will be trouble for the Pats but I'd say in order: Seattle, 49ers and Carolina. Seattle's speed will be a whole lotta trouble on dry turf.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games from here on will not be played in the most pleasant weather. I think we should expect any game at Foxboro to be played in wind and cold as well as snow.
That being said, I would venture to say that foul weather suits Blount's running style. He showed that he's a bull in the rain.He should run equally well in snow. The one thing that has to be considered, is that the defenses can't react well on a bad playing surface.
Credit must be given to Josh McDaniels for making the decision to stay with the running game when the Pats couldn't punch it into the end zone early in the game.
A final thought.......don't count on Gostowski to kick four field goals every game to win.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games from here on will not be played in the most pleasant weather. I think we should expect any game at Foxboro to be played in wind and cold as well as snow.
That being said, I would venture to say that foul weather suits Blount's running style. He showed that he's a bull in the rain.He should run equally well in snow. The one thing that has to be considered, is that the defenses can't react well on a bad playing surface.
Credit must be given to Josh McDaniels for making the decision to stay with the running game when the Pats couldn't punch it into the end zone early in the game.
A final thought.......don't count on Gostowski to kick four field goals every game to win.

Blount could be their "mudder" like Mosi Tatupu was years ago when they still had all the natural turf stadiums. I loved the way he was making extra yards pushing the pile.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount = Corey Dillon

I can see that. One big difference......we don't run the ball like we did back then. We're too fricken pass happy. We'd be a far more dangerous team if we were more dedicated to the run. Especially with the lack of WR production. I'd love to see us run more in the red zone.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have been asking this question for several weeks now, why won't the Pats use Blunt more? Playoff time coming we need to run the ball, Blount is a hammer and we have a very nice stable of running backs. There was a certain Pats fan that was stating the need for a TE is not a priority, did we even target a TE once yesterday? I see Sharon Dropson got hurt again, I have zero confidence in this pick yet. So who had the bigger year Wes with Manning or Edelman with Brady?

A nice win yesterday and much needed bye, at least we have another home game in the future.

I'd say the Welker/Edelman thing is a wash. But I do know that Blount for Demps has been a steal for us! Demps has a total of 35 yards.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave a fourth and demps for Blount and talib, basically. With maybe a swap in sevenths.