• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party: Internet and SportsHoopla explode with tin foil hats!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ESPN gets their asses handed to them and is reduced to sending Chris Mortensen to a witness protection program in Siberia, but they decide to double down by firing up a 10,000 word report that is filled with quotes from "sources, former employees & anonymous people who work for teams that have been getting killed by NE for the last 15 years.

You would think that the self described genius' in the SportsHoopla NFL threads would be smart enough to see what is going on.

But then again the hooplans around the country aren't smart enough to know that ESPN is a shill for the NY teams, not NE. :L

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB loves to push those limits! Wonder what nefarious plan he's got going on this season.

Rob Ryan (noted Globe columnist) had some sage advice for Belichick.

"This is not the year for pulling out some any more tricks from your little bag"

I actually was wondering if the Patriots were going to experience a little letdown after the judge rulling, but now I really wish the Patriots still had Revis...

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Pats fans are right. Maybe "everybody does it". But just because everybody does it that doesn't mean the Pats may not be doing it more than everyone else. Even if this is all a big witch hunt it does seem like a pretty compelling one given all the stories that have come out insinuating the Pats were going to great lengths to gain advantage over visiting teams.

Anyways, it's pretty tough to believe the League is singling out one of it's star franchises in one of the largest markets. That theory seems very odd to me.

Like I said above I think the Pats push the limits. I used to joke that BB finds new ways to gain an advantage, employs it until the league makes a specific rule against it, and then he keeps doing it until he's punished.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pats have mind fucked the entire league and its hilarious.
You are right, they have mindfucked the entire league.

It's not hilarious though. This all could have been dealt with properly a decade ago. But no, it was brushed under the rug, and it unsured the league's long standing footing. And that's a damn shame for fans of the other teams.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belicheat should be banned from the League, titles stripped. Imagine if it came out that a college program pulled the shit the Patriots have. Death Penalty
.......and you're ~Queen~ should step-dow and give Charles a fkkn chance....!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ESPN gets their asses handed to them and is reduced to sending Chris Mortensen to a witness protection program in Siberia, but they decide to double down by firing up a 10,000 word report that is filled with quotes from "sources, former employees & people who work for teams that have been getting killed by NE for the last 15 years.

You would think that the self described genius' in the SportsHoopla NFL threads would be smart enough to see what is going on.

But then again the hooplans around the country aren't smart enough to know that ESPN is a shill for the NY teams, not NE. :L
i cant understand why people are actually believing this shit.

its like dan shaugnessey just said on 98.5..."people will read the headline and run with it, because most of america isnt that bright"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, they have mindfucked the entire league.

It's not hilarious though. This all could have been dealt with properly a decade ago. But no, it was brushed under the rug, and it unsured the league's long standing footing. And that's a damn shame for fans of the other teams.
thats fair

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good lord you really dont get it.

i can only lead a horse to water...

Good lord you really don't get it.

I can only lead a horse to water...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"OTL reports belichick wore a fat suit and sucked on a rubber foot to get by jets security, posing as rex ryan, to gain team secrets"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord you really don't get it.

I can only lead a horse to water...
yup

when beaten, repeat shit like my girlfriends kid does.

you are my girlfriends kid. hes 8.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"its in the way that you use it"

YEAH! And that song shoulda won a Grammy, or whatever the hell it is they give out these days...you know the one, that Kanye West keeps trying to take away from people?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

when beaten, repeat shit like my girlfriends kid does.

you are my girlfriends kid. hes 8.

Just sinking to your level of intelligence in come back here. Figure only way for you to actually understand.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEAH! And that song shoulda won a Grammy, or whatever the hell it is they give out these days...you know the one, that Kanye West keeps trying to take away from people?
top 5 theme song all time, up there with the breakfast club.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sinking to your level of intelligence in come back here. Figure only way for you to actually understand.
i repeated you verbatim when i was beaten on a point?

provide links and quotes.

unless you cant of course...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully believe that the Pats looked for every way to gain an advantage. I think some were over the line and some were just on the inside of the line. But I also think that mentality is prevalent in the league and that if you as a team aren't protecting yourself to some degree that's on you. The ESPN article makes it pretty clear that other teams knew the Pats would snoop around their lockerroom by leaving fake play sheets. Peyton Manning has for years thought the Pats bugged the visitors lockerroom.

For example - videotaping signals from a side line. There is no rule about having someone on your sideline just to watch, memorize and take notes of opponents signals. The league simply have forbidden a team from making it easy to do by videotaping.

Give you another example - every game you see HC or Offensive coordinators calling in plays. 9 times out 10 you see them cover their mouths with a play chart? You know why they do that? Because long ago people got paranoid that someone would employ a lip reader to steal the plays.

This is my take on it. And I've had that since Spygate..

Which is why you usually get a split here on the analysts. The old school guys are part of the "if you aren't cheating you aren't' trying school" and the newer ones are eager to pull the horror of it all.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Pats fans are right. Maybe "everybody does it". But just because everybody does it that doesn't mean the Pats may not be doing it more than everyone else. Even if this is all a big witch hunt it does seem like a pretty compelling one given all the stories that have come out insinuating the Pats were going to great lengths to gain advantage over visiting teams.

Anyways, it's pretty tough to believe the League is singling out one of it's star franchises in one of the largest markets. That theory seems very odd to me.

I don't think it's the league that's doing this... ESPN likes this story line a LOT. This is what OTL does.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Ryan (noted Globe columnist) had some sage advice for Belichick.

"This is not the year for pulling out some any more tricks from your little bag"

I actually was wondering if the Patriots were going to experience a little letdown after the judge rulling, but now I really wish the Patriots still had Revis...

Yeah. I'm not confident. In addition to the secondary concerns, up until this weekend I thought Jonas Gray was the best RB on the team too. I have no idea how the Pats will do this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i repeated you verbatim when i was beaten on a point?

provide links and quotes.

unless you cant of course...

No you did not repeat me...There are different things a person does at the level of comebacks that you are using. You called me stupid with no actual backing for why. So I responded with the I am rubber you are glue comment. They are pretty much on the same level. Your comeback for me saying that ESPN is very pro Boston is that you can lead a horse to water but...So then I just repeated it because that is about on the same level of comeback.

So far everything I have said your only response is that of an insult.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot." Groucho Marx

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ESPN gets their asses handed to them and is reduced to sending Chris Mortensen to a witness protection program in Siberia, but they decide to double down by firing up a 10,000 word report that is filled with quotes from "sources, former employees & anonymous people who work for teams that have been getting killed by NE for the last 15 years.

You shut your mouth when you talk like that!!! :corso: It's over bullshiting to a bunch of bullshitters!!!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"OTL reports the partriots hired the chinese to break into opposing teams databases"