• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots fans reach pathetic new low of whining

Is this the most pathetic whining about a loss you've ever seen?

• Yes, it's absolutely sad and pathetic and Patriots fans should be ashamed of themselves

• No, it's a pretty standard amount of whining from Patriots fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread title is so misleading. I was expecting much more. This is par for the course when it comes to Patriots' fans.

RavenManiac, you so crazy....always with the witty comebacks and hilarious retorts. Get em' tiger

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was expecting you to be scared but the bolded part makes me think you are a little worried.

Osweiler had a good game, but he's the flavor of the week...like Tebow was there. As long as Elway isn't playing, I like the Pats' chances. But you should enjoy that victory, for sure, it might be another year before the Pats lose.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong the Pats lost because their defense coundn't hold a 21-7 lead and the Broncos control the OT.

True, but that fumble made it all possible. You watched the game. It was totally changed after that.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler had a good game, but he's the flavor of the week...like Tebow was there. As long as Elway isn't playing, I like the Pats' chances. But you should enjoy that victory, for sure, it might be another year before the Pats lose.
Osweiler is much, much better than Tebow could ever hope to be. It's absurd to even compare the two.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler is much, much better than Tebow could ever hope to be. It's absurd to even compare the two.

We might disagree on the refs, but in 1 game Os has looked better than Tebow ever did...and this is from a Steeler fan that watched Tebow send us home packing from the playoffs.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not comparing their skillsets. Just the "flavor of the week" nature of their popularity. I do think the Broncos are better off with Osweiler than Manning, regardless.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true. But without that flubbed punt, this game was a one-sided blowout. The whole game changed at that moment.

Without the interception we are tied 7-7 going into half time? Not seeing the difference here. Both teams had costly mistakes that lead to 7 points for the opposing team. You eliminate either and it is much easier for that team.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the interception we are tied 7-7 going into half time? Not seeing the difference here. Both teams had costly mistakes that lead to 7 points for the opposing team. You eliminate either and it is much easier for that team.

I've said multiple times that the game changed immediately after that play. It was the turning point. You watched the game. You saw it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying Osweiler is the next great QB in the NFL but to just assume this will all cool down is just as much wishful thinking on your part. I mean couldn't we have said the same thing about Brady back in the day when he took over for an injured QB?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Osweiler is the next great QB in the NFL but to just assume this will all cool down is just as much wishful thinking on your part. I mean couldn't we have said the same thing about Brady back in the day when he took over for an injured QB?
I just tested my insecurity meter on Chappee.

I think he broke it. :scratch:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All true. And he looked pretty poised out there, too. And you could be right about his future success, too. I'm just saying I like the Pats' chances should a rematch occur.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing their skillsets. Just the "flavor of the week" nature of their popularity. I do think the Broncos are better off with Osweiler than Manning, regardless.
Osweiler only seems like a flavor of the week to you because you don't know him or follow the Broncos. Among Broncos fans, we've been aware of Osweiler since Elway drafted him, and we've watched him grow and learn under Manning the past 3 seasons. The Broncos have been grooming him to take over after Manning since he was drafted; the difference between him and Tebow is that once McDaniels was given the boot in Denver, no one in the organization believed he was ever a viable long term solution.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's me but 8 outta 10 games turn on a single play. It's kinda football 101
They could make a whole show out of it: they could even call it something like Turning Point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said multiple times that the game changed immediately after that play. It was the turning point. You watched the game. You saw it.

I also saw the Broncos having to play catch up from being down 14 twice. I saw the interception that resulted in the Pats going up 14-0 take the wind out of the crowd for a couple of quarters. To me there were lots of turning points in this game. Heck you could say in the Broncos first drive of the game Andre Caldwell dropping a pass really swung things in the Patriots way because it resulted in a 3 and out which was then followed by a 25 yard punt giving the Patriots amazing field position that resulted in a touchdown. Maybe he catches that and it completely changes how everything started and maybe the Broncos are the one playing with the lead most of the game instead of the last minute of the game. Again there are many places in the game you can point to for both teams. Just because that one hurt you guys doesn't mean the whole game was only turned on that one play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true. And he looked pretty poised out there, too. And you could be right about his future success, too. I'm just saying I like the Pats' chances should a rematch occur.

And I can understand why but I also like the Broncos chances. Brady historically has struggled against the ZBS the Broncos run under Kubiak. When Shanahan was in town even when the Broncos were not great the Patriots still struggled against us. Heck we are the only team in the league that Brady has a losing record to that he has played 5 or more games against. We saw where the Patriots had the #1 rush defense in the league heading into the game but they struggled against the Broncos who are still learning the system. Have to remember this is only the 2nd game of the season where the Broncos have actually played with Kubiak's real system. We have been running a hybrid that hasn't worked so it was like they hit the reset button on offense when Osweiler came in and we have seen progression even from one week to the next.

I would also say as I know some of you are hoping for some of your players to get healthy. Well the Broncos are in the same boat as DeMarcus Ware practiced for the first time in 3 weeks. Before he went down with injury he was leading the league in sacks. That is a huge piece to get back. They should get 2 of their better run defenders back in Ward and Williams by the time we would see you again. Our OL should get back their best player in Vasquez and hopefully by then Mathis is healthy. So to me both teams have a lot to be excited about say there is a rematch later in the year which I do hope happens.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler only seems like a flavor of the week to you because you don't know him or follow the Broncos. Among Broncos fans, we've been aware of Osweiler since Elway drafted him, and we've watched him grow and learn under Manning the past 3 seasons. The Broncos have been grooming him to take over after Manning since he was drafted; the difference between him and Tebow is that once McDaniels was given the boot in Denver, no one in the organization believed he was ever a viable long term solution.

I hope you are right and that your understudy doesn't turn out to be the next Ryan Mallett.