• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots fans reach pathetic new low of whining

Is this the most pathetic whining about a loss you've ever seen?

• Yes, it's absolutely sad and pathetic and Patriots fans should be ashamed of themselves

• No, it's a pretty standard amount of whining from Patriots fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the crazier part has been the players of the Patriots going on the air this week and sounding just as whiny. Lose with some class. I can understand fans acting this way but the players? Especially guys like Brady and Gronk. I don't understand why they can't just say "we lost and it sucks and we are moving on."

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, a petition to replay the game? I've heard whining before, but this has to be the saddest, most pathetic amount of whining I've ever heard from a team and fanbase.

NFL: REPLAY THE DEN VS NE GAME DUE TO ILLEGAL CALLS BY THE REF'S

Wow, it's like some Pats fans think they've never benefited from a call before either.

The calls were close and you can definitely see why the refs threw the flags. I also seem to remember being told that good teams overcome penalties when us Seahawks fans were pissed over SBXL.

Besides Pats fans this was a regular season game in week 11 not the playoffs or SB. Relax. You're still 10-1.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This annoys the shit out of me! I get complaining and all but this... come on man!

Listen: Bottom Line: I'm pissed about the officiating, it sucked on both sides... Bad calls aside the D still had a chance to stop the Broncos.

3 Key Plays/Reasons why the Patriots lost: (in nor order)

1. Chung/Mccourty (who ever that was) NOT intercepting the ball that was IN his hands when Thomas was on the ground and gift wrapped the ball to the Pats
2. Harper's fing Fumble on the punt return
3. Terrible play-calling by the Patriots in the last 2 minutes of the first half and throughout the game

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This annoys the shit out of me! I get complaining and all but this... come on man!

Listen: Bottom Line: I'm pissed about the officiating, it sucked on both sides... Bad calls aside the D still had a chance to stop the Broncos.

1. Chung/Mccourty (who ever that was) NOT intercepting the ball that was IN his hands when Thomas was on the ground and gift wrapped the ball to the Pats
3. Terrible play-calling by the Patriots in the last 2 minutes of the first half and throughout the game

Their play calling was so bizarre at times I really couldn't understand it. Why didn't they try to score at the end of the first half? Why were they throwing at the end of the game instead of running to kill the clock? McDaniels did a nice job scheme wise to get their backs and tight ends isolated on our linebackers, but his in game play calling was incredibly strange at times.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Illegal" calls :eyebrows:

So when do the refs get charged with said crimes?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their play calling was so bizarre at times I really couldn't understand it. Why didn't they try to score at the end of the first half? Why were they throwing at the end of the game instead of running to kill the clock? McDaniels did a nice job scheme wise to get their backs and tight ends isolated on our linebackers, but his in game play calling was incredibly strange at times.

exactly! The Patriots usually try to score (at least a FG) to end the half, especially consdiring they got the ball to start the 2nd half (which they did absolute shit with but still). It's like the light switch went off in both BB and McDaniels heads and they were playing like the Patriots were up 21+

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they rematch, it will be in the playoffs and the Pats will win with ease. Let the Broncos have this one. They need it.
Your ability to see the future is amazing.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the crazier part has been the players of the Patriots going on the air this week and sounding just as whiny. Lose with some class. I can understand fans acting this way but the players? Especially guys like Brady and Gronk. I don't understand why they can't just say "we lost and it sucks and we are moving on."

I guess that's only their motto when they win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's only their motto when they win.

Or when they get so embarrassed in a game that they have no way of being able to blame anybody but themselves like that of against the Chiefs last year when the whole "We're on to Cincinnati" famous line of BB happened.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the game again last night and IMO that ball got whipped so fast into Chung's chest it would have been a miraculous INT. I don't think it was really "in his hands" and it certainly wasn't gift wrapped. Had he somehow come down with that pick, it would have been one of the best reaction plays I've ever seen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the game again last night and IMO that ball got whipped so fast into Chung's chest it would have been a miraculous INT. I don't think it was really "in his hands" and it certainly wasn't gift wrapped. Had he somehow come down with that pick, it would have been one of the best reaction plays I've ever seen.

maybe i am just looking at the play as a pissed off fan and yes I've never played football, nor know how fast that ball was coming at him but it was in his hands... not as bad as that 49ers missed int in the end zone last week but still. But reading this made me think that you are correct, he was solely going into the play with the purpose of tackling Thomas and probably wasn't thinking he'd had a shot at the interception.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lose w/ some class is right... Brady with his patented "Only 1 handshake w/ their QB and that's it" before heading into the locker room after a loss... He use to not shake anyone's hand after a loss until he took some heat from the media for not doing so... When he wins, it's interesting how much longer he stays out on the field to congratulate players after their loss... But after he loses, it's an entirely different story... To each their own I guess...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me I look at this as both teams left quite a few points or plays on the field. Very questionable decisions by both coaches at times

For the Broncos they had a sack that took them out of field goal range. In my opinion if Osweiler wasn't just starting his 2nd game of his career he knows to work to throw that away instead of trying to make a big play and end up getting sacked
The tipped interception giving the Pats a 2 touchdown lead. I guess I view the turnovers by both teams as canceling each other out. The Pats one happened at a worst moment in the game but can't forget that the Pats got a nice break with the tipped pass.
The other play was the bad holding call on Mathis where he knocked a DL player to the ground. That hold pushed the Broncos back on a drive they were moving very well. Ended up having to try a 47 yard field goal after the penalty that the Broncos missed. So that right there is 13 points possibly that the Broncos missed out on or gave to the Pats.

It was a great game and I would say that even if the Broncos lost in overtime. Both teams fought with everything they have and fortunately for the Broncos they came out on top.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best of the comments under the article and is from a Pats fan from Massachusetts:

I'm signing because I'm a whiny little bitch of a Pats fan who has nothing better to do than make up every excuse in the book for why my overrated team lost against a better Broncos team. We were injured too much, and the referees were mean, and there's a conspiracy against us by the NFL, and the lower air pressure at elevation in Denver caused the air in the footballs to inflate too much for Tom Brady to throw them right, and they wouldn't let Bill Belichick go on the Broncos sideline or listen to their radios like he's supposed to be allowed to do, and it's unfair that there was snow on the ground--Denver should've had to have a domed stadium, and CJ Anderson shouldn't have been allowed to wear cleats, and no one should be allowed to touch Gronk if he has the ball but he should be allowed to push off when he's running because it's slick out there and he needs traction. Also, there should be a rule that the Pats automatically get a 14 point head start in away games... no wait, that wasn't enough twice on Sunday. Yeah, the Pats should get a 21 point head start in away games. Anything else and it's just not fair. It was all that... that's why we lost. It definitely wasn't because we were outmatched, committed penalties at inopportune times, made bad special teams mistakes, couldn't make plays late in the game, kept calling run plays despite getting stuffed in the middle, and failed miserably even though we had the first possession in overtime. It was everyone else's fault.

Patrick O'flaherty McMulligan, Winthrop, MA