• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots fans reach pathetic new low of whining

Is this the most pathetic whining about a loss you've ever seen?

• Yes, it's absolutely sad and pathetic and Patriots fans should be ashamed of themselves

• No, it's a pretty standard amount of whining from Patriots fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full game speed for a split second it did appear that he was trying to take out Gronk.... Then you step back and look at the play and realize he was just tackling him and that's all he could do the way Gronk twisted the defender was in no mans land and had no where to go.

I listened to an interview of Darian Stewart this week (the guy who hit Gronk's knee) and of course he wasn't trying to injure him he was just trying to make a play. He said that earlier in the game he tried to tackle Gronk up high and Gronk just ran right over him for his touchdown so he knew that if he was going to bring down Gronk he had to go lower to make the tackle. Honestly that is why you see many of these guys go lower on Gronk in he is just too big to bring down tackling up high. Many of these safeties are in that 200-220 range and trying to take Gronk on up high just isn't going to end well for them. Honestly all coaches teach that with bigger players you have to go lower to make the tackle. I was taught this in middle school football. They are just too strong to think you are going to win up high.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to an interview of Darian Stewart this week (the guy who hit Gronk's knee) and of course he wasn't trying to injure him he was just trying to make a play. He said that earlier in the game he tried to tackle Gronk up high and Gronk just ran right over him for his touchdown so he knew that if he was going to bring down Gronk he had to go lower to make the tackle. Honestly that is why you see many of these guys go lower on Gronk in he is just too big to bring down tackling up high. Many of these safeties are in that 200-220 range and trying to take Gronk on up high just isn't going to end well for them. Honestly all coaches teach that with bigger players you have to go lower to make the tackle. I was taught this in middle school football. They are just too strong to think you are going to win up high.

"We won't tolerate these safeties "hand-fighting" with Gronk!"

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you good with cheating?

And whining?

And mass murder?

"The Patriot Way!"
Said it before, I don't care how it's done, just bring back the trophy. Spare me the details.
It's football with grown men. Not tiddly winks with your child.
Life aint fair ether

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game only matters if Denver wins out and New England doesn't, or some combination where New England suffers 1 more loss than Denver in the last five.

Possible, but not likely if you look at their schedules.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before, I don't care how it's done, just bring back the trophy. Spare me the details.
It's football with grown men. Not tiddly winks with your child.
Life aint fair ether

Do you support this petition?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"handfighting"

Wow. :L

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that is the game plan to stop Gronk (as it should), sucks because it opens the door for injuries like this and even worse ones but you can't stop him without doing that, even then you might not even be able to.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Just because Gronkowski is the size of Wilt Chamberlain doesn't give defensive players the right to {gasp} TOUCH HIM!!!"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sign this petition you are a complete moron who should have to stand out on the field and have 300 pound linebackers dive at your knees.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sign this petition you are a complete moron who should have to stand out on the field and have 300 pound linebackers dive at your knees.

Rock was spotted earlier on a Bawston street corner with a bullhorn chiding passers-by into signing it.

Before the day is over it's expected he'll get a signature.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock was spotted earlier on a Bawston street corner with a bullhorn chiding passers-by into signing it.

Before the day is over it's expected he'll get a signature.

You have it all wrong... Rock was on the street corner trying to have people sign a petition to make crack legal

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that is the game plan to stop Gronk (as it should), sucks because it opens the door for injuries like this and even worse ones but you can't stop him without doing that, even then you might not even be able to.

Unfortunately that is the case. His size, strength, and speed is a blessing and a curse all at the same time. I'm glad he is ok. Watching him on the field rolling around it looked much worse than it ended up being for sure. Although I did listen to somebody that has had that injury before as a TE in the NFL talk about it and they said that while resting can definitely help he will definitely feel that injury the rest of the year and usually by the 3rd quarter it will start hurting like hell.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that is the case. His size, strength, and speed is a blessing and a curse all at the same time. I'm glad he is ok. Watching him on the field rolling around it looked much worse than it ended up being for sure. Although I did listen to somebody that has had that injury before as a TE in the NFL talk about it and they said that while resting can definitely help he will definitely feel that injury the rest of the year and usually by the 3rd quarter it will start hurting like hell.

even if it doesn't "hurt" he will still be thinking about it and that in itself is an "injury" and will make him less effective. I thought for sure he was done for the year the way he went down and yelled/cried while on the field.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if it doesn't "hurt" he will still be thinking about it and that in itself is an "injury" and will make him less effective. I thought for sure he was done for the year the way he went down and yelled/cried while on the field.
The way he acted it definitely looked like a season ender. Then it comes out it's not that serious and I'm questioning his toughness to act like over such a minor injury (and before you get the pitchforks out, I'm obviously kidding).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't for a second think that the idiot who started the petition is representative of all Pats fans. Guys like that end up leaving the rest of the fan base looking bad.

The really dumb thing about this clown's petition is this part: "The play that took out Rob Gronkowski was intentional. There were plenty more if you rewatch the game. We won't stand for this injustice and expect that something be done..... "

Intentional?!? WTF? That would take some serious skill to be able to time all that up perfectly with your shoulder hitting Gronk's moving knee at full speed.
I mean, it was intentional in that Stewart intentionally went low to make the tackle. But it certainly wasn't an intentional attempt to injure Gronk. In fact, on slo-mo replay it looks like he actually makes contact with Gronk's thigh and not his knee. Probably would have been a lot worse if it had been just a hair lower.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he acted it definitely looked like a season ender. Then it comes out it's not that serious and I'm questioning his toughness to act like over such a minor injury (and before you get the pitchforks out, I'm obviously kidding).

hahaha.. that bastid had us fooled!

I am sure it did hurt like hell when he got hit, it was his knee area and it was what 29 degrees out? i'm so glad it is not a season ender that's for sure but the way it is being handled now i am wondering if he is hurt more than we think or are being told.