• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots fans reach pathetic new low of whining

Is this the most pathetic whining about a loss you've ever seen?

• Yes, it's absolutely sad and pathetic and Patriots fans should be ashamed of themselves

• No, it's a pretty standard amount of whining from Patriots fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos fans petitioned to replay a game because it wasn't fair? Prove it, Rock.
did i say "replay a game"?

no.

i said "they did this same thing"...i.e whining

remember when they petitioned to remove phil simms from doing their games on national TV?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats took the Broncos to overtime with horrible officiating and their entire first team skill players out. Lets wait to see how well the Broncos fair if the Pats have Edelman, Amendola and Gronk all playing, even 50% healthy and both Collins and Hightower on defense.........then talk about whining.
And how about the Broncos get back Ware, Ward, and Williams back. It's just too bad we'll also be without Clady and Sambrailo, too.

Wow, you'd think the Patriots are the only team that's ever dealt with injuries before. :L

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i say "replay a game"?

no.

i said "they did this same thing"...i.e whining

remember when they petitioned to remove phil simms from doing their games on national TV?
You quoted me talking about the petition, then said Broncos fans did the same thing. Forgive me for you not being clear in post.

And yes, I remember the petition about Simms, I thought it was stupid and embarrassing then and I still think it's stupid and embarrassing.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted me talking about the petition, then said Broncos fans did the same thing. Forgive me for you not being clear in post.

And yes, I remember the petition about Simms, I thought it was stupid and embarrassing then and I still think it's stupid and embarrassing.
and so is this...

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not try wrapping up? I'm not saying it was intentional. I don't think it was. But Stewart launches himself shoulder first. At least throw your arms out so you can wrap up. Otherwise you take the chance of just bouncing off anyway. DBs need to learn how to tackle. Maybe we'd see less injuries if they did?
Oh and for all the idiots out there thinking this petition wasn't started by Hammer or a close relative of his you're fools. But hey keep piling on. Who knows when the Pats will lose again?

I doubt there are many DBs with arms stronger than Gronks legs. I would guess about zero. Gronk could run through that wrap up and if ou went high he would just drag you along. I am surprised we have not seen an increase in large, fast LBs to counter these larger TEs.

Pats took the Broncos to overtime with horrible officiating and their entire first team skill players out. Lets wait to see how well the Broncos fair if the Pats have Edelman, Amendola and Gronk all playing, even 50% healthy and both Collins and Hightower on defense.........then talk about whining.

Really Big Ken? A lot of you patriots fans can be cool. Then there are those that post the shit like BigKen. Injuries happen, Broncos were out 3 defensive starters for the game and have had patch work O-line themselves. Not to mention the QB making his 2nd ever start. As for the officiating? It was nothing we don't all see every week in every game. Some of you make the patriots fan base look awful

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Ware, Ward, Williams, Clady, Sambrailo, Vasquez, and a 50% Mathis. All with a QB starting his 2nd game of his career in snow (Brady had never lost a game that was played in the snow before). You want to talk about bad calls well lets see on the touchdown pass right at the beginning of the 4th quarter one of our OLB's got around the LT to have him grab him from behind right before he hit Brady and was able to step up and throw for the long touchdown. For some reason no Pats fans are talking about how unfair that no call was. Or that twice Von Miller had the same thing happen to him of right before he was about to hit Brady he would have an OL player grab him from behind and pull him backwards saving Brady and leading to big plays.

Why is it so hard for some of you just to say "We got beat and we will move on." Nope it has to be because of injuries or the officiating of why your team lost.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Ware, Ward, Williams, Clady, Sambrailo, Vasquez, and a 50% Mathis. All with a QB starting his 2nd game of his career in snow (Brady had never lost a game that was played in the snow before). You want to talk about bad calls well lets see on the touchdown pass right at the beginning of the 4th quarter one of our OLB's got around the LT to have him grab him from behind right before he hit Brady and was able to step up and throw for the long touchdown. For some reason no Pats fans are talking about how unfair that no call was. Or that twice Von Miller had the same thing happen to him of right before he was about to hit Brady he would have an OL player grab him from behind and pull him backwards saving Brady and leading to big plays.

Why is it so hard for some of you just to say "We got beat and we will move on." Nope it has to be because of injuries or the officiating of why your team lost.
i wouldnt call that a "snow game"

the field was barely covered.

that being said, this team showed a ton of grit going in and forcing OT after they got punched in the stomach on the gronk injury.

this team got better in a loss.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt there are many DBs with arms stronger than Gronks legs. I would guess about zero. Gronk could run through that wrap up and if ou went high he would just drag you along. I am surprised we have not seen an increase in large, fast LBs to counter these larger TEs.

Really Big Ken? A lot of you patriots fans can be cool. Then there are those that post the shit like BigKen. Injuries happen, Broncos were out 3 defensive starters for the game and have had patch work O-line themselves. Not to mention the QB making his 2nd ever start. As for the officiating? It was nothing we don't all see every week in every game. Some of you make the patriots fan base look awful

They actually talked to Stewart on Monday about the hit. He said that in the 1st Quarter when Gronk scored his touchdown he tried to go high and just bounced right off Gronk. Same with Ward on that play. So after that they knew if they were going to get him down they had to go lower. I think most players outside of DL and LB's all know they have to go lower on Gronk to get him down because of his rare size/strength/speed combination. It is his blessing and curse all at the same time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that being said, this team showed a ton of grit going in and forcing OT after they got punched in the stomach on the gronk injury.

Were you at the game? You do realize they had to superimpose the numbers on the field because there was so much snow on the field right? From what I understand there were at least a few inches on the field. Not the worst snow game in the world but still they call that a snow game and so far in Brady's career he was 12-0 in any game that had even the smallest bit of snow. That was until Sunday.

I guess the Broncos could say the same thing of getting punched in the gut with 3 of their main starters going down in the 1st quarter yet they kept battling. Even being down 14 points they kept battling and found a way to fight back against a team that was something like 104-3 in BB's time in NE when they had a 14 point lead in the 4th Quarter. It was a big game for both teams and it could be what helps motivate either team moving forward. For the Broncos it meant they could play with the big boys in a primetime game with a QB they were not sure if he could play in those type of moments. It showed the depth of the team of still being able to fight even with all the injuries. For the Pats maybe it takes some pressure off of them of not having to worry about the undefeated season anymore. Throw in the players know they let one get away that they could have won if a few things went differently. So I think both teams can be motivated moving forward from this game.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Even though it snowed the whole game and there was so much snow on the field that the broadcast had to superimpose the numbers so tv viewers knew where the teams were on the field, it doesn't count as a snow game because Brady lost." :L

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys. I'm sure they also put up a petition when Brady benefited from the Tuck Rule stuff. Right? RIGHT?!?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you at the game? You do realize they had to superimpose the numbers on the field because there was so much snow on the field right? From what I understand there were at least a few inches on the field. Not the worst snow game in the world but still they call that a snow game and so far in Brady's career he was 12-0 in any game that had even the smallest bit of snow. That was until Sunday.

I guess the Broncos could say the same thing of getting punched in the gut with 3 of their main starters going down in the 1st quarter yet they kept battling. Even being down 14 points they kept battling and found a way to fight back against a team that was something like 104-3 in BB's time in NE when they had a 14 point lead in the 4th Quarter. It was a big game for both teams and it could be what helps motivate either team moving forward. For the Broncos it meant they could play with the big boys in a primetime game with a QB they were not sure if he could play in those type of moments. It showed the depth of the team of still being able to fight even with all the injuries. For the Pats maybe it takes some pressure off of them of not having to worry about the undefeated season anymore. Throw in the players know they let one get away that they could have won if a few things went differently. So I think both teams can be motivated moving forward from this game.
no, i wasnt in denver.

yes, i do realize they superimposed the numbers because of the flurries.

we call that a dusting here. i brush it off my car and go.

this is a snow game:

adam-vinatieri-kicking-in-snow-vs-oakland1.jpg

not this

2015-11-30T051715Z_1_MTZEBBUM40RF6_RTRFIPP_800_FBN-PATRIOTS-BRONCOS.JPG

thats grass

its pretty much universally agreed the refs were terrible.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Even though it snowed the whole game and there was so much snow on the field that the broadcast had to superimpose the numbers so tv viewers knew where the teams were on the field, it doesn't count as a snow game because Brady lost." :L
LMAO

2015-11-30T051715Z_1_MTZEBBUM40RF6_RTRFIPP_800_FBN-PATRIOTS-BRONCOS.JPG

what a blizzard!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i wasnt in denver.

yes, i do realize they superimposed the numbers because of the flurries.

we call that a dusting here. i brush it off my car and go.

this is a snow game:

View attachment 60213

not this

View attachment 60215

thats grass

its pretty much universally agreed the refs were terrible.

Again not saying it was a huge snow game but it was still a snow game and no matter the level of snow Brady had never lost a snow game before. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

As for the refs I agree they were not that great. They did it to both sides though. They missed some huge holding calls against the Patriots OL that allowed for some big plays. The 4th Quarter touchdown for the Patriots if you watch our OLB beat the LT to then have him grab him from behind keeping him from hitting Brady which allowed him to step into a throw down the sideline. If he isn't held it is a sack instead of a touchdown. Bad or missed calls happen to every team every game. Heck I'm sure we could go through every play in that game and find some kind of penalty that could have been called.

Also just so Pats fans know OPI does not require a WR/TE to extend their arm all the way to be called. OPI can be called for a player shoving the defender away keeping them from being able to make a play. I'm not sure where this idea that the arm has to be extended all the way even came from. Now the extension of the arm does make it easier to see such a call but it is not a requirement. So the OPI called on Gronk was a judgment call of did he shove enough to impede the defensive player from being able to hold his position or make a play? I think most when they look at the feet of the defender would see Gronk gave him a shove at least enough to shove him backwards giving him some nice separation.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler, people are saying that because it's the truth. You may have had any of your players back that you wish.

The Pats with Collins, Hightower, Edleman, Amendola, Lewis and Dobson in the line up would have won that game. You even said earlier and I quote "We caught the Patriots at the right time." I paraphrase but what did you mean by that?

Why can't you just say, we beat the Pats because their offense was thoroughly depleted and we got a couple of nods from the refs and move on. It works both ways.