• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots fans reach pathetic new low of whining

Is this the most pathetic whining about a loss you've ever seen?

• Yes, it's absolutely sad and pathetic and Patriots fans should be ashamed of themselves

• No, it's a pretty standard amount of whining from Patriots fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again not saying it was a huge snow game but it was still a snow game and no matter the level of snow Brady had never lost a snow game before. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

As for the refs I agree they were not that great. They did it to both sides though. They missed some huge holding calls against the Patriots OL that allowed for some big plays. The 4th Quarter touchdown for the Patriots if you watch our OLB beat the LT to then have him grab him from behind keeping him from hitting Brady which allowed him to step into a throw down the sideline. If he isn't held it is a sack instead of a touchdown. Bad or missed calls happen to every team every game. Heck I'm sure we could go through every play in that game and find some kind of penalty that could have been called.

Also just so Pats fans know OPI does not require a WR/TE to extend their arm all the way to be called. OPI can be called for a player shoving the defender away keeping them from being able to make a play. I'm not sure where this idea that the arm has to be extended all the way even came from. Now the extension of the arm does make it easier to see such a call but it is not a requirement. So the OPI called on Gronk was a judgment call of did he shove enough to impede the defensive player from being able to hold his position or make a play? I think most when they look at the feet of the defender would see Gronk gave him a shove at least enough to shove him backwards giving him some nice separation.
because its not a valid statement.

if it flurries and doesnt stick, is THAT a "snow game" too?

its subjective. "whats so hard to understand?"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler, people are saying that because it's the truth. You may have had any of your players back that you wish.

The Pats with Collins, Hightower, Edleman, Amendola, Lewis and Dobson in the line up would have won that game. You even said earlier and I quote "We caught the Patriots at the right time." I paraphrase but what did you mean by that?

Why can't you just say, we beat the Pats because their offense was thoroughly depleted and we got a couple of nods from the refs and move on. It works both ways.

I said that because I didn't expect 3 of the Broncos key players to go down with injury in the 1st 2 drives of the game. We were the healthier team going into the game but it didn't take long for the Broncos to quickly get depleted.

As for those players being in the game no I don't know if they win. If the Broncos have all their players how do we not know that Ware doesn't get in and make a huge play as he has done all year when healthy? Ward being our best tackling safety being in does he whiff on that deep pass in the 4th quarter that went for a touchdown? Heck the Broncos saw their best receiver struggle in the snow in DT...How do we know that Edelman or any of those other guys don't struggle some? There are just too many unknowns for you to say "Well if these guys play we win." Nobody knows.

Heck you could say you caught us at the right time because of injuries or because our QB was only having his 2nd start of his career against a coach known for eating new QB's for lunch.

Again you Pats fans are only focusing on the bad calls against you guys. Now they were in the 4th quarter so they are a little easier to remember in such an important part of the game but that is ignoring the fact that the Broncos had more penalties than the Pats or as I have pointed out a couple of times if you go back and watch our DL had more than a few times where they beat the OL to get at Brady to only be grabbed from behind right before they hit him. Are we just to ignore those missed calls and say the Pats are the only ones who got bad calls in the game?

Or how about if the Broncos don't have the tipped pass that game is much closer or the missed field goal on top of that or the sack that took us out of field goal range. I mean that is easily 13 points just right there. So we can look at this game in so many ways but in the end the Broncos won and move on. Instead we get petitions to have the game replayed or players and fans going on the radio talking about how the league is out to get them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the NFL books that game will go down as a snow game. Like I said whether a little snow or a lot of snow Brady was undefeated in games where snow was coming down during the game. Not anymore. Why is this such a sticking point for you?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler, people are saying that because it's the truth. You may have had any of your players back that you wish.

The Pats with Collins, Hightower, Edleman, Amendola, Lewis and Dobson in the line up would have won that game. You even said earlier and I quote "We caught the Patriots at the right time." I paraphrase but what did you mean by that?

Why can't you just say, we beat the Pats because their offense was thoroughly depleted and we got a couple of nods from the refs and move on. It works both ways.

Pure speculation. I can just as easily say that the Broncos with Ware, Ward, Williams, Vazquez, Heuerman, Clady, and Sambrailo would have won that game by 50. It doesn't make either statement true.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find no-calls throughout any game you re-watch. We're talking about bad calls the refs shouldn't have made that turned the game in a different direction.

...as for the other stuff, you DID tip the ball...you DID get sacked.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL books that game will go down as a snow game. Like I said whether a little snow or a lot of snow Brady was undefeated in games where snow was coming down during the game. Not anymore. Why is this such a sticking point for you?
i see what you did there

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
temp37SOG151130--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
"That's not snow, that's Tom Brady's dandruff!"

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why was it a sticking point last year where I finally had to leave your board so I didn't get accused of trolling when I simply asked which weather you would prefer for Manning to play in? 7 friggin' pages of you all dancing around the question. :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find no-calls throughout any game you re-watch. We're talking about bad calls the refs shouldn't have made that turned the game in a different direction.

...as for the other stuff, you DID tip the ball...you DID get sacked.

Ok how about the holding call on Chris Harris on the final drive of regulation...If you watch that one it is a pretty darn bogus ticky tack call. They didn't really look at it because that was the whole "Excess Time Out" moment of the game but go watch that play again. That gave you a nice little extra 5 yards to make the field goal much easier to win the game. Or the holding call on Evan Mathis where he and another OL player knocked his guy to the ground. They went from 1st and 10 at the 30 to 1st and 20 at the 40 and were not able to pick up a 1st down on a drive that they were moving the ball really well looking to close the gap. Those are just off the top of my head.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was it a sticking point last year where I finally had to leave your board so I didn't get accused of trolling when I simply asked which weather you would prefer for Manning to play in? 7 friggin' pages of you all dancing around the question. :L

Because we gave you the answer it just wasn't the answer you expected.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you never answered.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you never answered.

I showed you plenty of stats that Manning has done just fine in cold weather games. He is not the best by any means but the whole "Manning can't play in cold weather games" idea is blown way out of proportion. I showed you how at the beginning of his career he did play terrible in cold weather games but as his career progressed he had a QB rating from the year 2006 and on in the mid to high 90's.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used 40 degrees :L

...and now you're in here trying to dis Brady's performance. Cripes.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The Pats lost because of a flubbed punt. They were up 21-7 in the 4th and then they turned it over. The game was over at that point without a turnover. Pats would have run some clock and pinned DEN deep, or they would have scored. But keep telling yourself DEN dominated.
theres more grass than snow.

you see grass, that aint a snow game. its flurries.

But you saw the loss coming soon as you saw it snowing, even though not a snow game.

(i saw this coming. as soon as i saw it snowing, i had to post that this game was going to be their first loss.

thankfully gronk is going to be ok)

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The Pats lost because of a flubbed punt. They were up 21-7 in the 4th and then they turned it over. The game was over at that point without a turnover. Pats would have run some clock and pinned DEN deep, or they would have scored. But keep telling yourself DEN dominated.
Both teams had critical TO's that let to TDs. It evened out in that regard.

Pats D giving up 23 points in the 4th and OT had nothing to do with the Pats losing? I also remember Brady going 3 and out in OT. That won't win you many games.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..as for the other stuff, you DID tip the ball...you DID get sacked.

Gronk DID commit OPI...Broncos DID score a TD in OT AFTER the pats had a chance to win it...

The fact is the broncos won. All this bitching about penalties and injuries won't change a damn thing. Pats still have a strong chance at HFA so this loss does not mean a whole lot.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there's enough snow to where traction is a significant issue, that's "snowy" enough for me, personally. Doesn't take a blizzard to acknowledge/observe that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used 40 degrees :L

...and now you're in here trying to dis Brady's performance. Cripes.

I have yet to diss Brady's performance. Heck I have said it was one of the more impressive games of his career that I have watched with missing so many of his weapons yet still putting up pretty decent numbers in not the greatest conditions.

And I'm sorry that 40 degrees and colder is not specific enough for you. That is what I could find. I don't exactly feel like going back and checking the weather conditions of every game and having to run it by you of whether that can be considered a bad weather game or not. Finding the temperature of the game is easy to do. Finding the exact weather conditions would be a lot more work and honestly you are the one that keeps asking the question so I would say that is more your responsibility to go find that info if you want it so bad.