• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots back at it.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First they go get Revis and now Browner is visiting. Thats pretty damn good.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you develop a reputation as a great organization guys just want to play for you.

I wonder if this still applies when the hoodie steps down.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hear any excuses this season!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you develop a reputation as a great organization guys just want to play for you.

I wonder if this still applies when the hoodie steps down.

So why is it that Talib couldn't leave fast enough and now Wilfork is asking for his release? Those were ther 2 best defensive players last year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why is it that Talib couldn't leave fast enough and now Wilfork is asking for his release? Those were ther 2 best defensive players last year.

I haven't heard about Wilfork, but Talib left because the Patriots weren't going to give him a big multi-year deal that he could get on the FA market.

I would say losing Talib and picking up Revis is a pretty good trade off when you only have another year or two with Tom Brady, before I'm sure he will be calling it quits. I believe he will be 38 this year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will lose 1 game this year, and that is to Jesus Manning, and the Denver Angels of Heaven and Earth, who will steamroll 23 teams to a perfect record, every win an epic blowout. Peyton Manning will grow wings on stage as he is named Super Bowl MVP, then fly around the stadium for 3 days before ascending to Heaven and replacing God as ruler of the universe.

No excuses this year fans.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported this morning on ESPN that Revis would be receiving a 1-year contract for 12 mill. Seems extreme but the upside, I guess, is that it's 1-year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard about Wilfork, but Talib left because the Patriots weren't going to give him a big multi-year deal that he could get on the FA market.

I would say losing Talib and picking up Revis is a pretty good trade off when you only have another year or two with Tom Brady, before I'm sure he will be calling it quits. I believe he will be 38 this year.

Revis did not look like the same player he was before the injury. It is a gamble to take a player who used to be great and hope he regains his for m versus a guy you already in very good in your scheme. Especially for 12 million. The fact that it is 1 year is the only saving grace here, but that is a double edged sword as well. Pats will be right back in the same position next year with Revis if has a good year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch him play? He was every bit as lockdown in man coverage as he's always been.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch him play? He was every bit as lockdown in man coverage as he's always been.

Yes I did. I agree he is much better in man than zone. Still didn't look like the player he was before he got hurt even in man coverage though. Usually takes an additional season to get back to top form with an ACL so it definitely could work out.

Pats had no choice here though. There was no other CB left that had a chance to fill Talibs shoes. How bad was the Pats D when Talib was not in? They got toasted.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't the only injury, or even the most significant.

A shutdown corner is a valuable asset, though. I'm happy with Revis.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't the only injury, or even the most significant.

A shutdown corner is a valuable asset, though. I'm happy with Revis.

Me too. I just think Talib was key on defense. Not a huge difference though. I think Wilfork leaving is a bigger problem. Hope that does not turn out to be true.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be. I think it will be amiable enough, but it just doesn't make sense to spend 11 mil on a guy his size and age coming off an Achilles injury. Wilfork asked for and will likely receive the chance to o get one last payday.

I kind of want to see a move for BJ Raji. Revis' contract is structure to leave flexibility this year, and with Wilfork and other fairly easy money to clear, we should be in position to make a few more substantial moves.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be. I think it will be amiable enough, but it just doesn't make sense to spend 11 mil on a guy his size and age coming off an Achilles injury. Wilfork asked for and will likely receive the chance to o get one last payday.

I kind of want to see a move for BJ Raji. Revis' contract is structure to leave flexibility this year, and with Wilfork and other fairly easy money to clear, we should be in position to make a few more substantial moves.

Agreed. Definitely a hole to fill, but like you said the money will be there.