• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis is going to have season ending surgery

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is horrible new! We need Bowman back fast. Lucky Borland is playing the way he is.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And bowman has pain in his knee. This season freakin sucks

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain... We've been decimated by injuries as well... We just lost Mebane for the season.... Injury bug is alive and well right now... You just have to hope guys can step up... I can't believe all the injuries in this division right now... It's been bad...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you read that?

if i may sir

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the 49ers will place Willis on season-ending injured reserve, per a source informed of the team's plans. Willis hasn't appeared in a game since he injured the toe in a Week 6 win over the St. Louis Rams.

Fox Sports' Mike Garafolo first reported the news.

It's a crushing loss for the 49ers, who are forced to move forward without their five-time first-team All-Pro. Rookie Chris Borland has emerged as a tackling machine in the middle of Jim Harbaugh's defense, but Willis has been the unit's unquestioned heart for eight seasons.

The Niners also appear to be in danger of not having the services of NaVorro Bowman this season. ESPN's Ed Werder reported Tuesday that Bowman is still having knee pain and is unsure when he will be cleared to return to practice. Bowman has not played a down since suffering a serious knee injury in the NFC Championship Game.

As well. Sorry to hear about Willis guys

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the Mebane thread, NFCW teams have been riddled with injuries all season. None of us can catch a break.

Btw, when is the cutoff date to decide whether Bowman will be activated or go on season ending IR?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no sugar-coating it. This sucks, but on the bright side, Borland is emerging as a possible star and Lynch has been playing well. Also, we will be getting Aldon Smith back soon and we could be getting Bowman back as well. Overall, the defensive unit is playing well despite missing a ton of guys, including Willis, and we can expect them to get even better in the coming weeks.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible news damn.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems a bit extreme. He hasn't even had that long to recover. I didn't think he would play until much later in the season (if at all) to begin with. People were holding on to weird hope that he might be ready weeks 6-9 but it's a pretty major injury. I don't think soreness suggests it's a career-ending injury, at least not yet. If it's like that in a couple months maybe, but it has to have time to heal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems a bit extreme. He hasn't even had that long to recover. I didn't think he would play until much later in the season (if at all) to begin with. People were holding on to weird hope that he might be ready weeks 6-9 but it's a pretty major injury. I don't think soreness suggests it's a career-ending injury, at least not yet. If it's like that in a couple months maybe, but it has to have time to heal.

That was a major injury; comparable to the one that Lattimore suffered. The play different positions, I know, but I just don't see him recovering from that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on KNBR this was not a traumatic injury but a chronic injury that has gotten progressively worse. It has been affecting his play for some time.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was a major injury; comparable to the one that Lattimore suffered. The play different positions, I know, but I just don't see him recovering from that.

This is not accurate at all. Lattimore tore every ligament in his knee and all had to be repaired via surgery. Bowman only had surgery on the ACL and the MCL was merely rehabed. I don't recall him having any damage to the PCL.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant catch a break this year. we gain 2 players back this week and we lose 2. Its one of those years.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFCW without question is dropping players and good ones at a high level this season.

Still the toughest division in football imo, regardless what the talking heads try and say otherwise.

Willis and Bowman done for the year, has to make you guys just sick.

I read a post on here from someone stating Bowman was running and feeling stronger than ever and now I'm hearing done for the season. So, not sure which is true.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFCW without question is dropping players and good ones at a high level this season.

Still the toughest division in football imo, regardless what the talking heads try and say otherwise.

Willis and Bowman done for the year, has to make you guys just sick.

I read a post on here from someone stating Bowman was running and feeling stronger than ever and now I'm hearing done for the season. So, not sure which is true.

I haven't heard anything about Bowman being out for the year. I heard he will be back at practice next week. Only negative I have heard was his knee was a little sore. If both are done we have no shot this year. We need at least one of them. Thank god we get A. Smith back. Smith and Lynch on the outside watch out QBs

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our playoff chances looking pretty grim, I really don't mind Willis and Bowman out for the rest of the season. Really interested to see who else steps up.