• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

passes dropped

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. Not good when your top 2 WRs drop that much. So yes Kap had a rough year but his receivers had a lot of drops and VD had one of the most as a TE.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm... I wonder why receivers with some of the most reliable hands in the league are having trouble catching passes. What could be the cause of so many dropped passes?? Hmm... two receivers on the same team... And not just these two receivers but the other receivers RB's and TE's on this team all seemed to have trouble catching the ball this season. Hmmm... What is the correlation here?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm... I wonder why receivers with some of the most reliable hands in the league are having trouble catching passes. What could be the cause of so many dropped passes?? Hmm... two receivers on the same team... And not just these two receivers but the other receivers RB's and TE's on this team all seemed to have trouble catching the ball this season. Hmmm... What is the correlation here?

That it was a down year. QB can only throw it to them, they have to do their job and catch it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good link. I think most of everyone here would agree the offense struggled for a number of reasons, and Kaepernick was a factor but certainly not the only one.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That it was a down year. QB can only throw it to them, they have to do their job and catch it.

It was a down year for everyone from the OL, TE, and WR. The only one that had a good year was Gore. The defense for the most part played well. It starts at the QB position and Kap struggled most of the year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a down year for everyone from the OL, TE, and WR. The only one that had a good year was Gore. The defense for the most part played well. It starts at the QB position and Kap struggled most of the year.

I agree but it actually starts with the OC and then the QB. WRs have to catch and QBs have to throw. It was a bad year by the offense and there were a lot of factors.

Lets hope with a New OC everything will be better. If the last game was a sign we are in good shape. I like how Harbaugh called the game.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, it must have been Aliens.

your blaming all these drops on the qb? If a wr drops the ball 20 yards downfield is that because he threw to hard? Did flacco not throw bullets to boldin? C'mon man

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I checked they only attribute a dropped ball to a receiver when they drop what should be a catchable ball.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your blaming all these drops on the qb? If a wr drops the ball 20 yards downfield is that because he threw to hard? Did flacco not throw bullets to boldin? C'mon man

I once remember back in the day Denver Receivers talking about how hard Elway would throw the ball downfield.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once remember back in the day Denver Receivers talking about how hard Elway would throw the ball downfield.

I agree, im with you on this. Cant blame Kap. Yes Kap had his mistakes but drop balls are on the receivers.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course!
Flacco can actually throw a pass with touch and so can Elway. Since we already compared Keap to a great QB why not mention that Rodgers can throw the ball pretty hard too with lots of velocity but he can do it with touch and that is the difference.

Its not a hard riddle to crack. If every WR, RB, and TE is having trouble catching passes and we know that Kaep only throws bullets with little to no touch and we constantly see passes doinking off receivers hands it doesnt take very much to figure out what the problem is.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course!
Flacco can actually throw a pass with touch and so can Elway. Since we already compared Keap to a great QB why not mention that Rodgers can throw the ball pretty hard too with lots of velocity but he can do it with touch and that is the difference.

Its not a hard riddle to crack. If every WR, RB, and TE is having trouble catching passes and we know that Kaep only throws bullets with little to no touch and we constantly see passes doinking off receivers hands it doesnt take very much to figure out what the problem is.
Kap is getting outside training to be a better QB because nobody on the 9ers' coaching staff can help him. All is good!:nod:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I checked they only attribute a dropped ball to a receiver when they drop what should be a catchable ball.

And how do they deem a pass catch-able when the WR is running and the ball is coming at them at a speed of 60 mph from a distance of 10-15 yards?

I know that dropping passes are going to happen, but when everybody is dropping the ball and we see the way Kaep throws the ball. Im going to blame him for most of it.

Another way to look at it, If you see that all your Receivers are having trouble catching the ball, it is on the QB to help them out a little bit and take some stank off the ball.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is getting outside training to be a better QB because nobody on the 9ers' coaching staff can help him. All is good!:nod:

I really do hope that this helps his game, dont think i can sit through another season with the same old Kaepernick

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the majority of blame for a dropped pass, goes to the receivers. If someone wants to place a little on Kaep, ok. But lets not over do it on Kaep, clearly receivers are paid to catch the ball.

if someone argues there's a little subjectivity on "catchable", I can buy it too. but the majority of blame is still on the receivers, that's what receivers do.....catch.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We all watched the games. There were A LOT of drops that were not even a little bit on Kap, the receiver just flat-out dropped very catchable balls.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all watched the games. There were A LOT of drops that were not even a little bit on Kap, the receiver just flat-out dropped very catchable balls.
To anyone actually watched the games this season it was a drop fest by the WRs, agreed. It might be a good deal if Kap would put some touch on the ball.